[US] ToysRUs.com MSRP

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] ToysRUs LEGO Sets on sale at MSRP + Coupon

Post by sonofgun1776 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 pm

TRU and its schemes always amaze me.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Well, thats stupid then. The email they sent me had all these other sales and offers listed right below the coupon... =/

Has anyone tried this out instores yet?

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:44 pm

While it isn't a great sale by any means. I still think it's as good as any other deal that Lego.com might offer. Free shipping on orders above $75.00 and a free ninjago polybag. It's nice that the new sets are at their normal retail price too and they have them listed before Lego.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Man, that Palpatine's Arrest retail price is horrible!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm not convinced that the B&M store's prices will be MSRP because my store is already $1-3 higher than TRU.com. To get around it, I order online w/ store pick-up to get the lower price, but that does not work with an in-store only coupon.

For example, I think the Friends Oliviv'a Tree House was $22.99, not $20.99 like advertised online. Oh wait, it is $19.99 online, even worse! THis was last night before the "reset".

TRU is ridiculous and I'm getting tired of them!

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:26 pm

sadowsk1 wrote:While it isn't a great sale by any means. I still think it's as good as any other deal that Lego.com might offer. Free shipping on orders above $75.00 and a free ninjago polybag. It's nice that the new sets are at their normal retail price too and they have them listed before Lego.
Well S@H has The VIP points (yes its only 5% but you have them all the time and it adds up, also it can be 10% when double points). And S@H offers free shipping on $75+ as often or more often than TRU, and they also have freebies ministopwith, tc-14, keychains, etc. But the most important thing S@H is not playing games with us, what they advertise is what they do, and even if their sales used to be better, I certainly prefer them over any TRU "sale".

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [US] ToysRUs.com MSRP

Post by sterlingice » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Has anyone gone up to a TRU yet this week and seen if the prices in store are the same as TRU.com or same old schlock (so, 20% off coupon gets us back to MSPR)?

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:23 pm

lemus wrote:
sadowsk1 wrote:While it isn't a great sale by any means. I still think it's as good as any other deal that Lego.com might offer. Free shipping on orders above $75.00 and a free ninjago polybag. It's nice that the new sets are at their normal retail price too and they have them listed before Lego.
Well S@H has The VIP points (yes its only 5% but you have them all the time and it adds up, also it can be 10% when double points). And S@H offers free shipping on $75+ as often or more often than TRU, and they also have freebies ministopwith, tc-14, keychains, etc. But the most important thing S@H is not playing games with us, what they advertise is what they do, and even if their sales used to be better, I certainly prefer them over any TRU "sale".
I should have stated, a better deal currently instead of ever.

As always Lemus, you are right.

Orangechef
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Orangechef » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Was looking for loopholes and apparently this deal does currently work online with the new 30163 polybag (it has no ninjago promo and no item limit).

Assuming no fillers of other toys then you have to get at least 16 for the 20% off to trigger and at least 19 for both the 20% and free shipping (it works off of the post discount price).

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 pm

r.e B&M vs online pricing: back in January, during the ridiculous/laughable TRU Friends "sale" (http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... f=6&t=5047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), after I complained about the high markups and the non-value provided by the "sale", the manager offered to match the online tru.com price. This was for Olivia's House, which at the time was $70 online (MSRP) but $81 in store. So, one can always ask, but there is no guarantee that the 20% off coupon will also stack.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Orangechef wrote:Was looking for loopholes and apparently this deal does currently work online with the new 30163 polybag (it has no ninjago promo and no item limit).

Assuming no fillers of other toys then you have to get at least 16 for the 20% off to trigger and at least 19 for both the 20% and free shipping (it works off of the post discount price).
Thats a lot of duplicate Thors you gotta buy just to get them at the $4 MSRP. Way to go TRU. :down:

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:00 am

Does TRU get hosed by Lego when it comes to pricing? I can't see why they screw everyone so badly when it comes to Lego product. I asked at one of my local Lego stores and they said something about 3rd party retailers selling items before the Lego official street date and penalties being assessed.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:22 am

MasterCard Monday. $25 off purchases over $125 today if you use MasterCard on-line.

themarshall
Peasant
Peasant

Post by themarshall » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 am

I was just going to mention that. I wonder if MSRP "Sale" price of Lego's plus the $25 off $125 (20% discount) might actually amount to a reasonable value with TRU. It'd be the first for me in a long while.

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 am

beartrapper25 wrote:Does TRU get hosed by Lego when it comes to pricing? I can't see why they screw everyone so badly when it comes to Lego product. I asked at one of my local Lego stores and they said something about 3rd party retailers selling items before the Lego official street date and penalties being assessed.
No, they raise the price to get bigger profit margin. There aren't any major toys retailer that can compare to Toys R Us in term of variety of toys. For example, a nearby Walmart may have 30 unique LEGO sets, but Toys R Us may have 60 or more so people come to Toys R Us for the selections.

Yogibara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Yogibara » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:06 am

It looks like the only good deal at TRU is the 25 dollars off when you use your Mastercard. It doesn't seem to be limited to only regular priced items.

themarshall
Peasant
Peasant

Post by themarshall » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 am

It works but it's a weird checkout process because if you try to enter the code it doesn't work, but if you read carefully it says it'll show up under the "review" tab, and sure enough it took it off. I purchased Destiny's Bounty, Samurai Mech and used a couple of series 7 figures for filler up to $125.56. Free shipping and $25 off so basically 20% off MSRP, not too bad.

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Went to Kmart yesterday and their prices are now as bad as TRU. To give you an idea how bad, the Sith Infiltrator was $89.99. Bounty Hunter Gunship was $79.99. Ewok Attack was $34.99. X-Wing Fighter was $69.99. My jaw just hit the floor when i saw these prices. Looks like Kmart is trying to run themselves out of business.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Well TRU still sucks. I had my sister pick up Jabba's Palace and the Skiff for me. She works right by TRU. I actually had to talk to someone on the phone and they ended up giving me the retail price for the Jabba set. Unfortunately, they told her that she couldn't use the 20% off coupon on the entire purchase or something, so they just took the 20% off on the Skiff which was $29.99 (didn't give me the online price). In summery, I got the 2 sets for retail. Not real happy. Of course my sister didn't argue and just went ahead with the purchase. I would have just left ;)

So NO, TRU retail does not have their sets for MSRP.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Seems like there a lot of hoops you have to jump through just to get MRSP from TRU, let alone 20% off of MSRP. It's kinda funny actually :P