Shop @ Home and LEGO stores USA

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Shop @ Home and LEGO stores USA

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Nothing to report... Just wanted to get ball rolling...

Will there be the VIP VIP event in stores like year? It's two weeks away and no one has reported receiving any invites in the mail... I've done my share of damage this year and completed all my surveys in hope of receiving one...

Do webmasters have info that they have to sit on until a certain date/time...?

Shop Now: USA | Canada

MOD NOTE: Black Friday 2012 LEGO Deals can be found here.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Re: Shop @ Home and LEGO stores USA

Post by sidersdd » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:47 pm

I received my invite today. It appears to be the same deal as last year.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:56 pm

scatmanjack wrote: Do webmasters have info that they have to sit on until a certain date/time...?
Sorry, I don't have any info yet. We'll definitely keep you informed though so you won't miss out on anything! (:

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm

I received one this year too (we did not get one last year). Alas, we won't be able to go...

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Can you tell if these letters were mailed from Enfield Connecticut or your local store?

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:43 pm

The return address on the envelope is Enfield, CT.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 pm

What about postmark?

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Yep, postmarked CT too.

Lforcey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lforcey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Got ours today for Tyson's store. Didn't get one last year, so it was nice to get one this time around.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:56 pm

So are these like Fight Club? Can't talk about it and all that?

I've got no Lego stores nearby, and have literally no idea what you guys are talking about, except that it brings to mind witch cauldron's and wizard hats and full moons :D

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:38 am

The-Daryl wrote:So are these like Fight Club? Can't talk about it and all that?

I've got no Lego stores nearby, and have literally no idea what you guys are talking about, except that it brings to mind witch cauldron's and wizard hats and full moons :D
Every year a selected group of people get a coupon card of some sort. I think it ranges (scratch off?) and these folks get early admittance to the store as well. The Lego Stores often save older sets for sale on that day, give aways and some serious discounts on things, so for die hards (like most of us) i am sure there are some surprises.

Only a few people get the cards. I used to be on the "big list" getting catalogues with coupons, now I have been dropped for TLG's love. Sadly, never been invited to the Black Friday Lego version of "Fight Club" ,but have heard it is kinda crazy.

david

* i tried to find last years thread, but don't know how closed topics are archived.
Last edited by dho7622u on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:43 am

dho7622u wrote:

Every year a selected group of people get a coupon card of some sort. I think it ranges (scratch off?) and these folks get early admittance to the store as well. The Lego Stores often save older sets for sale on that day, give aways and some serious discounts on things, so for die hards (like most of us) there are some surprises.

Sadly, never been invited to the Lego version of "Fight Club" but have heard it is kinda crazy.

david
Cool... I had no idea. Thanks very much for explaining for us (ok maybe just me...) new guys. And I hope ya get in this year, David!

And have a great time everyone already invited!

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:24 am

The-Daryl wrote:So are these like Fight Club? Can't talk about it and all that? ...
And, try not to feel too left out. I've never been invited, but lIRC last year's deals were OK but not any better than the general Black Friday deals. The big plus is the 'no crowds' part, as the store opens early for folks with the invite.

ajaxmt10
I'm New !

Post by ajaxmt10 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:25 am

Got my invite! Top 25 spender in my store lol

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:13 pm

dho7622u wrote:

Every year a selected group of people get a coupon card of some sort. I think it ranges (scratch off?) and these folks get early admittance to the store as well. The Lego Stores often save older sets for sale on that day, give aways and some serious discounts on things, so for die hards (like most of us) i am sure there are some surprises.

Only a few people get the cards. I used to be on the "big list" getting catalogues with coupons, now I have been dropped for TLG's love. Sadly, never been invited to the Black Friday Lego version of "Fight Club" ,but have heard it is kinda crazy.

david

* i tried to find last years thread, but don't know how closed topics are archived.
The deal with the VIP Shopping event is that you basically get the Black Friday deals without having to actually go on Black Friday. It is invitation only. It's a few weeks before BF and before the store opens to the general public. They do give you a scratch off coupon, but anyone can get it on BF. You also can get the Holiday Set with qualifying purchase.

Last year they gave attendees a bonus Holiday PAB box for attending (even if you didn't make the minimum purchase).

I believe last year on BF they offered some sets at X% off, but those were not available on the "VIP Shopping" event a few weeks prior.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Now if they threw in airfare and a hotel that would be awesome since I live hundreds of miles from the nearest store. :lol: Just wishful thinking.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 pm

I got the invite last year for my local store and it was a bit of a wash as to how "great" it was. Last year's list was based on the top 25 spenders, this year's is top 35. Not sure how I didn't get on this year's, but oh well.

So last year's event, you got one of the Holiday mini box sets (I think the first one was w/ the boy?) and a free PAB. You also got a scratcher for your purchase, random 10%, 20%, 30%, or 50% off your entire purchase. Everyone had 10% at our store last year.

Like mentioned above, the sets on sale for the actual Black Friday were NOT marked down for the VIP event. So that's why I say it was kind of a wash. You get free stuff w/o hitting spending limits but you don't get the discounts even though you're there for a Pre Black Friday event.

Congrats to those that got the invite this year! :)

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Got mine this year. Got one last year, I was #1 for store, but I never went? I bit shocked. I actually went following Sunday with kids and lady that worked there that I usually talk to yelled at me because I missed the event. I told her I thought it as a hoax when my card said 1 of 34. We laughed.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:40 pm

A post from FBTB ( http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/14/lego-bra ... more-18671" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) says that one of their forum members recieved the following invitation:
8184493392_799d23e550.jpg
On the post it mentions
"The only distinction that shopping at a retail location versus online are the pull cards. The details he was able to glean are as follows:

» One guest per person
» One pull card per person (allegedly only at checkout)
» About 30 people invites for my store
» $5000 pre discount limit
» Max 5 per item except holiday which is limit 1 per item

He also adds the following: 'They wouldn’t confirm what the discounts will be this year but their ‘guess’ was 10/20/50 like last year.' "
Can't wait to get my invitation (I hope)! Didn't get one last year, so I'm not that optimistic. :-|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 pm

I just got a new LEGO catalog in the mail today and there is a little online VIP-only Saturday Nov 17th sale starting at midnight (Friday night) that is in the same color/layout as the picture above (a little area on the second page). It says login with your VIP account to see the deals.
I don't have high hopes for it, but I will certainly be checking it out!