40% off one yoyo.com item

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
thehotsung
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 40% off one yoyo.com item

Post by thehotsung » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:53 pm

TheLegoDr wrote:Those sneaky monkeys..That's too bad. The only set I wanted a second of was Helm's Deep, but that isn't a good enough steal to pick it up. I saw YoYo30 is good for new members and 10off1time can work also, but not combined. Those did work with the sale item, but not the 40% off. So the best I saw Helm's Deep for was $90, which is still good, but not enough for a 2nd copy.
IMO Helm Deep for $70 is still not a good price. I would wait till the price is around $50. There really nothing special about this Helm Deep set.

Penguinomf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Penguinomf » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:00 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
wegj wrote:YOYO has incredibly fast shipping with OnTrac, and nice box it comes in too. They do a good job.
Ugh on trac? I've had issues with them before.
My order today is being shipped FedEx.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm

did anyone notice if mindstorm nxt was put on sale recently to stop the 40% coupon from being used on it or was it on sale from the beginning of the 40% off promotion? 40% off mindstorm nxt 2 is unheard of in recent times so that would have been the score of all lego ($168 no tax and free ship!...cannot beat that!)

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Penguinomf wrote:
lego the hutt wrote:
wegj wrote:YOYO has incredibly fast shipping with OnTrac, and nice box it comes in too. They do a good job.
Ugh on trac? I've had issues with them before.
My order today is being shipped FedEx.
mine is ontrac unfortunately...i see a hassle in the near future

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm

ricefields wrote:did anyone notice if mindstorm nxt was put on sale recently to stop the 40% coupon from being used on it or was it on sale from the beginning of the 40% off promotion? 40% off mindstorm nxt 2 is unheard of in recent times so that would have been the score of all lego ($168 no tax and free ship!...cannot beat that!)
It was on sale from the beginning, and was able to be used with the 40% off before they changed things mid-stream, but it was capped at $40 discount.

thehotsung
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by thehotsung » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:37 pm

tensor wrote:
ricefields wrote:did anyone notice if mindstorm nxt was put on sale recently to stop the 40% coupon from being used on it or was it on sale from the beginning of the 40% off promotion? 40% off mindstorm nxt 2 is unheard of in recent times so that would have been the score of all lego ($168 no tax and free ship!...cannot beat that!)
It was on sale from the beginning, and was able to be used with the 40% off before they changed things mid-stream, but it was capped at $40 discount.
Is everything cap at $40?

thenos
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by thenos » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Yes, $40 cap.

Seibert
I'm New !

Post by Seibert » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:44 pm

New here. I have a 7 yo lego fan but also collect a few to invest from time to time.
Kid loves City sets but wondering if the Black Pearl would be good for collecting? Should I buy either of these with the yoyo 40% discount?

POTC Black Pearl: $72
Harbour: $54.60

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 pm

You COULD see a better price for the Pearl, but likely only shaving a few bucks off that. If you're looking at free shipping and no tax, I'd say $72 is a decent bet. Probably make a profit now if you can deal with the hassle of stripping the figures and selling separately from the ship, or a slightly smaller profit if you flip as soon as it's in-hand.

thehotsung
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by thehotsung » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Seibert wrote:New here. I have a 7 yo lego fan but also collect a few to invest from time to time.
Kid loves City sets but wondering if the Black Pearl would be good for collecting? Should I buy either of these with the yoyo 40% discount?

No Black Pearl was $70 a while back and a few of us didn't even bother to buy it. If it was the imperial flagship for $70 then it would have been a no-brainer but Black Pearl is meh.

TheLegoDr
I'm New !

Post by TheLegoDr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:40 pm

The Black Pearl for $72 is pretty decent. It was originally $99 and was sold out everywhere around here. And it was $75 recently for Black Friday deals, so that is still topping that. I would recommend going for it if you are interested since the line is discontinued (at least until the next movie), but they won't release another Black Pearl.

There is no way the IFS would ever be $70. Retailing at $180 makes it rare to even be $100 on sale, let alone it being discontinued also and the prices are skyrocketing.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Seibert wrote:New here. I have a 7 yo lego fan but also collect a few to invest from time to time.

For play value I think they are both excellent sets for the price. For resale I think that the Black Pearl has a better chance than the harbor, but you can't go wrong buying either at the price they are available at. Happy Hunting!

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 pm

I was about to order Helms deep at 70$, left for awhile and came back and now it won't stack at the 110$ price, anyone else having this issue now?
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 pm

wegj wrote:I was about to order Helms deep at 70$, left for awhile and came back and now it won't stack at the 110$ price, anyone else having this issue now?
Yes, they adjusted the deal mid-day so that it doesn't work on sale items.

thehotsung
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by thehotsung » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 pm

I can't believe I did not see the fire temple, I want it so bad!

wastedbrain
I'm New !

Post by wastedbrain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:13 pm

The items previously on sale (X-wing, helm's deep, gungan sub, etc) are now on normal price. The TOY40 code should work on them now.

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 am

thehotsung wrote:I can't believe I did not see the fire temple, I want it so bad!
Amazon UK has it on sale.

thehotsung
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by thehotsung » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am

hikari wrote:
thehotsung wrote:I can't believe I did not see the fire temple, I want it so bad!
I see it thanks, but Amazon UK ship to U.S? I don't know how expensive it is in U.S dollars though. I don't know what currency is the E sign in?

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 am

thehotsung wrote:
hikari wrote:
I see it thanks, but Amazon UK ship to U.S? I don't know how expensive it is in U.S dollars though. I don't know what currency is the E sign in?
Yes, the final price would be about 100 dollars shipped. Not bad at all considering it is sold out everywhere in U.S.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 am

thehotsung wrote:
hikari wrote:
Lol - whatever you're looking at can't be Amazon UK.

$ = dollar
£ = Pound
€ = Euro

So, whatever you're looking at is priced in Euros, which wouldn't be Amazon UK (my best guess of what you call "the E sign").

How old are you...or are you pretending to be?