[USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Post by The-Daryl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:45 pm

One of the closest Walmarts to me moved everything that wasn't in their new "plan" to an endcap a week or more ago, with red/clearance tags at full price.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:06 pm

We took my son to Chuck E. today for lunch, so I quickly stopped in the Walmart nearby. Much to my surprise I found 2 clean-looking Attack on Weathertop sets still at the $40.00 post-Christmas price. Since I passed that set up after Christmas, I was happy to find them today. They also had Gandalf Arrives for $9.00, which I had not seen before. They were both listed as price cuts rather than clearance and were in the regular LEGO aisle.

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Went to a distant Walmart in Sunrise FL. They had lots of unusual stuff listed at clearance, but rang up full price. BUT, I did find an AC Jet Copter Encounter for $20, but it was missing a tape, so I passed.

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:34 pm

I visited our one Walmart last night and all the stuff in the "clearance section" was marked down to regular price. Rubbish!! I did get some old mini figure series 6 though that hey had in the clearance isle. Only down to $3/each but I didn't have them so I bought 10 of them. Just need 6 more to complete the series.

datoyman
I'm New !

Post by datoyman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Same as my Walmart Lego aisle reset, all sets in clearance marked full price :( Spring/Summer Sets and Clearance can't get here soon enough.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:53 am

datoyman wrote:Same as my Walmart Lego aisle reset, all sets in clearance marked full price :( Spring/Summer Sets and Clearance can't get here soon enough.
I have never seen them do this in my local Wallies. Odd. :eh:

siddarth
I'm New !

Post by siddarth » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:23 pm

octick wrote:
datoyman wrote:Same as my Walmart Lego aisle reset, all sets in clearance marked full price :( Spring/Summer Sets and Clearance can't get here soon enough.
I have never seen them do this in my local Wallies. Odd. :eh:
Wal-Mart is notoriously bad for putting an item on clearance and once that clearance price runs out (as in the item sits there to long), the price goes back to full. I've seen toys sit in a clearance isle for several years. Packaging gets destroyed and during a price update, the item goes back to full price. Employees don't care b/c they're just doing their job. Managers have little to no power beyond a 10% discount. Besides, Wal-Mart does not survive on toys. They are mostly an impulse buy.

Did come across a Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout 6868 at the Mebane (NC) Wal-Mart for $30.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm

The-Daryl wrote:One of the closest Walmarts to me moved everything that wasn't in their new "plan" to an endcap a week or more ago, with red/clearance tags at full price.
I was just in this store again today. About 80% of what was there is gone. And the rest is marked down Gandalf Arrives for $9.00, Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raider $50, and oddly one of the Galaxy sets (Verminator? something like that) for $40.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 am

Bummer my walmart has the Police Station and Heavy Chopper at full price.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:42 am

Someone made out like bandits in my local store. Prices went full price in clearance section to 50% off.
They cleared out at least 20 Vampyre Hearses, 4 Quinjets, and a couple Fire Planes. Grrrrr!!!

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:59 pm

octick wrote:Someone made out like bandits in my local store. Prices went full price in clearance section to 50% off.
They cleared out at least 20 Vampyre Hearses, 4 Quinjets, and a couple Fire Planes. Grrrrr!!!

That's a bummer. Which store was this?

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:43 pm

I went to a few walmarts today. Lots of stuff in the clearance aisle marked down a whopping $.97!!

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 pm

I went to a few Walmarts and found the same thing that others are reporting. Stuff moved into the clearance aisle, but at full price. One even had the sets that had been marked down to 30% off a few days ago back to full price. Luckily I did find a City helicopter transporter for $19. If it weren't for the half off deals I sometimes get there I wouldn't set foot in a Walmart again.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 am

Gooker1 wrote:
octick wrote:Someone made out like bandits in my local store. Prices went full price in clearance section to 50% off.

That's a bummer. Which store was this?
Santa Ana. So now there is nada, zilch, zero. In my 20 minute expedition, I found a random Series 6 minifig that rang up a $1. :lol:no

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 am

Series 6? That IS random. LOL Man, what a bummer. Did they not do the after xmas clearance and just waited til recently?

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 am

Gooker1 wrote:Series 6? That IS random. LOL Man, what a bummer. Did they not do the after xmas clearance and just waited til recently?
Yeah. It is odd because most of the Wallies I visit go clearance and don't pull the "clearance" at full price stuff. The day it went clearance I was there, so it must have went 50% sometime later that day.

I had another huge find today. Found a Star Destroyer poly for $1.50 while getting my morning energy drink. I am on a poly bag streak. Now, if I can only find some of the deals others are seeing. :angel:

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:32 pm

One local wm has about 6 of the recycle truck sets for 15. I have no interest in it so i left them.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 pm

prozac wrote:One local wm has about 6 of the recycle truck sets for 15. I have no interest in it so i left them.
Don't you want to save your LEGO city from those evil litter bugs that want to destroy the Earth?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

vexxet
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by vexxet » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 am

at a lesser known wal mart i picked up 3 vamp castles for 69$ 2 black pearls for 49$ and a malevolence for 79$. also had ghost trains ( a ton!) for 54$ also helms deep was there for 89$

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:12 am

octick wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:Series 6? That IS random. LOL Man, what a bummer. Did they not do the after xmas clearance and just waited til recently?
Yeah. It is odd because most of the Wallies I visit go clearance and don't pull the "clearance" at full price stuff. The day it went clearance I was there, so it must have went 50% sometime later that day.

I had another huge find today. Found a Star Destroyer poly for $1.50 while getting my morning energy drink. I am on a poly bag streak. Now, if I can only find some of the deals others are seeing. :angel:
Or I find it under the ridiculous discount of $.03 off. Wow, what a bargain :zzz: