Toys R Us Has the Super Heroes Duo Funhouse Escape

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Toys R Us Has the Super Heroes Duo Funhouse Escape

Post by emazers » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Like I said the Only Small Lego set that I have Gotten in a few years is the Super Heroes The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape, Toys r us online only has them for $39.99, free ship if you buy 3. Now I have 41 of these, These will be a $100 or more set down the line, This is a Lego & Toys R Us exclusive only. In TRU Stores they are $54.99
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Src=search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Toys R Us Has the Super Heroes Duo Funhouse Escape

Post by dulait » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 pm

emazers wrote:Like I said the Only Small Lego set that I have Gotten in a few years is the Super Heroes The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape, Toys r us online only has them for $39.99, free ship if you buy 3. Now I have 41 of these, These will be a $100 or more set down the line, This is a Lego & Toys R Us exclusive only. In TRU Stores they are $54.99
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Src=search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In stock at S@H,
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Dynamic- ... id=1411170

c4dreams
Citizen
Citizen

Post by c4dreams » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 am

Not really much of a sale, since they've been available for a while and the TRU "sale" is RRP. If you buy them from S@H you get 5% VIP credit, plus a free police helicopter polybag (if you wait until Feb 1 to buy).

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am

Bought 3 a while ago on the buy 2 get 1 free deal at $39.99 from ToysRUs. 1 for me, 2 for resale later.

41 of them? That's an investment

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 am

I have a wife who would like 41 Coach purses before letting me invest in 41 of anything.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:28 am

exciter1 wrote:I have a wife who would like 41 Coach purses before letting me invest in 41 of anything.
41 Coach purses? Hope they are not the expansive ones since I believe most of their purses are in the modular sets and the big star wars set range, which is between $200-500 CAD each.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 am

She has a few Coach purses, but not 41. If I bought that much of anything, she would say "If you can have that, I can have a new purse".

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 am

exciter1 wrote:She has a few Coach purses, but not 41. If I bought that much of anything, she would say "If you can have that, I can have a new purse".
Well in this case, emazers got that many for profit, so you can tell the wife that if she is buying the purses for that same reason then why not.

Palisade22
I'm New !

Post by Palisade22 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 pm

He was just making a joke.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 pm

exciter1 wrote:I have a wife who would like 41 Coach purses before letting me invest in 41 of anything.
Have you looked into getting a new wife? :lol:

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

I think for a future investment set, it's a great one with really popular minifigs, great playability, and limited availability. It seems like it's backordered as often as it's not whenever I look at the S&H. That said, my only copy is no longer MISB as it's a really fun set :)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Buying 41 of them, I'd be on the wife's side, and be looking into getting you help. :lol:

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:33 am

To me, this is a good set to invest in. But you get a better return on your dollar if you can buy it while there is a sale of some sort, or if you have discount coupons, etc.

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 am

Brick & Blue wrote:Buying 41 of them, I'd be on the wife's side, and be looking into getting you help. :lol:
Yeah, I gotta side with this one. The only caveat I'd add is "unless you've got a lot of storage space and do Lego 'investing' professionally"

SI

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:59 am

With all the talk about this set I went to the Lego store and used my 10% off coupon and $10 in credit to pick one of these up. I figure I probably wouldn't be able to get it much cheaper. Also checked out the Arkham Asylum. Very nice...have to start saving up for that one.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:55 pm

LEGO shop at home has has Dynamic Duo Funhouse escape marked as "sold out" for over a week now (and it was marked down to $31.98). Some of the other sets say "out of stock, expected ship date...." This one does not. It may be that they will get more in stock or it could be that it is being retired. Its hard to say especially since it is right after the holiday. I've been checking everyday for over a week to see if they restock. I panicked because it is a set that I wanted at least 2 of for investment purposes.

They may restock and they may stick around for another year.

I was able to find them at ToysRus over the weekend for the price of $39.99 (retail price) and I purchased 1.

Monday ToysRus changed their online price to $59.

This morning I discovered that ToysRus still has them in stock and listed for $42.99. This is really close to retail if anyone is looking for one.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:15 am

TRU.com has the Funhouse for $27.99 if you spend $60+ on lego. ($15 off $60+ lego orders)
I suggest jumping on this deal.

I added a few train tracks to get the price discount.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:56 am

grymg wrote:TRU.com has the Funhouse for $27.99 if you spend $60+ on lego. ($15 off $60+ lego orders)
I suggest jumping on this deal.

I added a few train tracks to get the price discount.
yea but those tracks are now 10% over msrp. Some of the mark ups are crazy.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:05 am

Yes. Be careful what you buy. I too just noticed that ToysRus has again raised the prices with crazy markups. Nearly everything is way above retail as of this morning BUT as grymg points out the dynamic duo set is a deal. If you add 2 of the dynamic duo the total is 70.98 dollars (plus tax). Shipping is free for 49.00 and above. That is about $35 each for two. Only $5 below retail BUT if this is a set that you are wanting this MAY be the best time to grab it. I paid $42 each for x2 of them yesterday at ToyRus (ship to store). LEGO shop at home still has the set "out of stock" for $31. I still haven't determined if it is being retired or simply out of stock from holidays. As chenwaa123 points out though watch out for markups at ToysRus.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:23 am

The set is horrible, it's the mini figures that matter.

I hope as soon as the set is retired LEGO releases better, cheaper sets with the same mini figures just to screw over "inverters".