[Lego Store] Winter Village Cottage $69.98

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [Lego Store] Winter Village Cottage $69.98

Post by King » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:28 am

Costa Mesa store said all 50 they had were suddenly gone during the week (after the post here)...they do have these in stock at $69.99 at the San Diego store.

King

mesir
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mesir » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:27 pm

The South Shore Plaza Lego Store in Braintree, MA, had about ten or so in stock for the $69.98 price. What I found strange is that I hadn't seen any of those sets since Christmas, but they were in stock today. No Post Offices, unfortunately.

nychromastone
I'm New !

Post by nychromastone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 pm

I saw a few the Cottage set for $69.98 yesterday at Queens Center Lego store (NY). The TRU at Times
Square had four of the Post Office set last week for $59.99 but they're all gone now. They would not
honor any coupons due to the fact they fall under the "hard to find" category. :what?:

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 pm

nychromastone wrote:I saw a few the Cottage set for $69.98 yesterday at Queens Center Lego store (NY). The TRU at Times
Square had four of the Post Office set last week for $59.99 but they're all gone now. They would not
honor any coupons due to the fact they fall under the "hard to find" category. :what?:
This is crazy. I was in the Queens store a few weeks ago and they said they had sold out of the Cottage a while ago. Why get it back in and discount it?

In regards to the Post Office set at TRU, I was able to pick up one of them last weekend (there was only one left) with a random 20% off coupon. Boo-yah.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:22 pm

brixter wrote:
nychromastone wrote:I saw a few the Cottage set for $69.98 yesterday at Queens Center Lego store (NY). The TRU at Times
This is crazy. I was in the Queens store a few weeks ago and they said they had sold out of the Cottage a while ago. Why get it back in and discount it?

In regards to the Post Office set at TRU, I was able to pick up one of them last weekend (there was only one left) with a random 20% off coupon. Boo-yah.
Most stores follow the economics of supply-leveling, in that some stores will have a glut and others will be out. Those with too much inventory will then shuffle off some of their stock to the other stores to spread it around. Likely that's what happened here. I know it happened in Chicagoland.

nychromastone
I'm New !

Post by nychromastone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 pm

tensor wrote:
Most stores follow the economics of supply-leveling, in that some stores will have a glut and others will be out. Those with too much inventory will then shuffle off some of their stock to the other stores to spread it around. Likely that's what happened here. I know it happened in Chicagoland.
that's pretty much how the associate explained it :-D

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Paid MSRP for this during holiday season, oh wells! Had fun building it. :D Only disappointed about the all white roof... as it doesn't match the roof of the other sets.

nychromastone
I'm New !

Post by nychromastone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 pm

brixter wrote:

at least one of us was able to capitalize on the Post Office set with the coupon. i was at the register
and the associate signaled the manager to put through the override on my 20% off REWARDS coupon.
when he politely rejected my coupon, the associate actually questioned him and didn't think a Lego
set should be excluded. it was only a good deal for me with the coupon. the Super Heroes sets are at
the top of my list :-D

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 pm

tensor wrote:
brixter wrote:

What I heard from more than one store across a wide geographic area was that a store had a huge amount Cottages "lost in storage" over the holidays. (Some Lego Stores have off site storage units a mile or two away from the store) They discovered the huge amount of Cottage sets after the first of the year and Lego redistributed them to several other stores to blow them out.

Basically heard the same thing from managers at three different Lego stores about 400 miles apart.

King