[USA] Target 2013 Valentine's LEGO Polybags Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

[USA] Target 2013 Valentine's LEGO Polybags Clearance

Post by atmail35 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:59 am

I went to Target first thing this AM to see if these would be on clearance. I found 3 Chima bags and they rang up full price. :sad: And to my dismay they were setting the Easter section and it seems like they are restocking Friends Ice Cream Stand and Winzars for Easter basket stuffers. It is possbile that the tags hadn't been changed yet, but they already had some Easter product in the bins. I guess time will tell.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Target Valentine Polys

Post by vynsane » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:27 am

atmail35 wrote:And to my dismay they were setting the Easter section and it seems like they are restocking Friends Ice Cream Stand and Winzars for Easter basket stuffers.
Well, your dismay is my elation, because I seem to have missed out on the Winzar poly for the Valentine's round...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:02 pm

atmail35 wrote:I went to Target first thing this AM to see if these would be on clearance. I found 3 Chima bags and they rang up full price. :sad: And to my dismay they were setting the Easter section and it seems like they are restocking Friends Ice Cream Stand and Winzars for Easter basket stuffers. It is possbile that the tags hadn't been changed yet, but they already had some Easter product in the bins. I guess time will tell.
This was not my experience in the Chicago area. I had time today, so I checked out 3 area Targets. Only one had polys left (and in fact I have my suspicions that one store never got them in at all) - the Friends polys were 50% off and the Winzars (I only found 2 along with 2 other ripped open bags) were full price. The employee sorting the area was very nice and told me to inform the cashier that she said it was okay to adjust the Winzars to 50% off.

The real thrill was that I discovered that the Friends bags were actually a mix of the Ice Cream Stand and the Picnic - however, they both rang up at $1.99. Woot! I took everything they had available, as I am hoping to trade a few.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:10 pm

I found all 3 polys (2 friends and 1 chima) at 50% off. Called my Dad in a smaller town in NM and he said that his Target had about 150 ice cream stands sitting in boxes :shock: I told him to hold off for a few days and I would have him pick them up at 70% off. I believe Target follows the 3-3-2 holiday clearance schedule. 50% off day after, 70 off 3 days later, 90 off 3 days after 70, and salvage 2 days after that.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Checked two Targets - one was cleaned out of any polys, the other had two Chima (i grabbed em!), and several Friends picnic sets at $1.99.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:06 pm

I did not see any Friends polys, but I wonder why the Chima ones were full price at my store. I checked on the price checker and also asked an employee in the aisle to verify. He confirmed it was $3.99. I didn't need it badly enough to argue for 50% off. I wish my store had Friends at 50% off though, I haven't seen the Friends ones in stock for a while now.

I went to a second store and couldn't find any of the Friends or Chima anywhere. :(

It was not a good LEGO day here!

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:27 am

Only found an Ice Cream stand half off.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:36 pm

@atmail35, and others in the Boston area: the Somerville Target had at least 2 dozen Friends polybags left on Saturday afternoon. Both types were there: the ice cream stand, and the picnic. $1.99/ea (50% off). I expect them to last through the weekend, and plan to check again on Monday to see if they drop to 70% off.

The had the 6 or so Chima polys, too, but they rang up at full price.

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:09 pm

You may want to check soon. Just got back from my local Target and the ploys were plenty a couple a days ago and now they are wiped clean as they were marked 50% off.

kevinp
I'm New !

Post by kevinp » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Found about 25 of each Winzar’s Pack Patrol and Ice Cream Stand at a local Target in the Valentine’s clearance today for $1.19 each. Also noticed Summer Picnic was there and it scanned for $1.19 too. About 25 of those as well so got them.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Found a Target last night that had 20 Lego friends picnic polys. All ringing up at .... wait for it. Wait for it.... $1.19 each!!!!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 am

SpaceViking wrote:@atmail35, and others in the Boston area: the Somerville Target had at least 2 dozen Friends polybags left on Saturday afternoon. Both types were there: the ice cream stand, and the picnic. $1.99/ea (50% off). I expect them to last through the weekend, and plan to check again on Monday to see if they drop to 70% off.

The had the 6 or so Chima polys, too, but they rang up at full price.
Thanks for the heads up, Somerville is a bit far so I didn't make it there. I think I missed out in my area as they seem to have hit 70% off, but no stock near me! I also never saw the picnic one here, just the ice cream stand and Winzars.

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Target 2013 Valentine's LEGO Polybags Clearance

Post by silvashado » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Can someone post the DPCI number for the summer picnic set? My target didn't have it at Valentine's Day, so it may be an Easter set, but it'd be nice to know what number to have an employe look it up to see if its at any of the store sin the area.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 pm

silvashado wrote:Can someone post the DPCI number for the summer picnic set? My target didn't have it at Valentine's Day, so it may be an Easter set, but it'd be nice to know what number to have an employe look it up to see if its at any of the store sin the area.
Here you are: DCPI: 086-02-1643

However, the Ice Cream Stand shares the same DCPI number with the Picnic Set. So, there is no telling which set is available if a store claims they are in stock.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Target is down to 90% now. If there are any left in your stores now would be the time to get them. They will salvage after tomorrow.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Anyone know why I am unable to search for the Chima polybag with the DPCI on the site? Brings up the entire Lego inventory.

Would like to narrow things down some before venturing out. Only looking for one for the kid.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

@intromission: I have one I could trade you or ?? PM if interested.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 pm

intromission wrote:Anyone know why I am unable to search for the Chima polybag with the DPCI on the site? Brings up the entire Lego inventory.

Would like to narrow things down some before venturing out. Only looking for one for the kid.
Polys usually aren't listed on the site. Typically you have to call a store and have them check.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:58 pm

intromission wrote:Anyone know why I am unable to search for the Chima polybag with the DPCI on the site? Brings up the entire Lego inventory.

The Target in Somerville had a stack of them for $3.99 on Monday. I would expect you'd still be able to find them there. If they are not in the valentines/easter section, check the back end-caps of the lego aisle. There is a 'poly bag catch-all' box there that often has stray polys in it, usually near the top of the box. (and by catch-all, I mean its got the Halo polys, the Hello Kitty polys, the super hero polys, ... Lego tends to stay at the top of the box, though ;-) )

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 pm

The Target I was in earlier this evening (the same one I picked up a couple of these polys on clearance on the 15th) was by now cleared out of v-day stuff for the most part. They did have their easter area up already, and in it are two empty bins for Winzar and Ice Cream stand.