May the 4th be with you (2013)

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Re: May the 4th be with you (2013)

Post by anakinisvader » Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm just in it for the free Han and poster. Who need's a half price LEGO set anyways? Wait, what am I saying?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Tue May 07, 2013 2:23 am

King wrote:
Congruence wrote:Earlier today it showed under each item's status as shipped, now all are blank but I still have my fedex #. (not in their system yet)

Will have to check again in the morning.
I have had that happen before. You should be able to see the weight in the FedEx system to verify what was sent.

King
I think I'm good, each shipment shows 10 pounds which would be a little heavy for a han, 2 posters and 5 series 10 minifigs.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Tue May 07, 2013 4:59 am

Both my B-Wing TRU order and LEGO S@H orders have shipped. Got 1 B-Wing from TRU and didn't want to miss out on Han so bought Rancor Pit and AT-RT for the LEGO Promo. Should get both orders by Friday it seems. :D

@popnfresh, I'm so sorry about your TRU order being cancelled, that could have easily happened to me as well... ordered around the same time as you. If they had done the same to my order I would of been completely done with them as well. You might try calling LEGO customer service and telling them the situation, they might sympathize and give you the same deal? Worth a try... :(

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue May 07, 2013 5:48 am

Muntz wrote:
Are you sure it was the B-Wing that shipped and not just the Han Solo and poster? I ordered at 12:01 as well and my Han Solo and poster shipped; but, my B-Wing is still "backordered."
Me too. Mine is still in process. And I ordered right after midnight EST. I will be a super sad Lego panda if my order is cancelled.

CharliesDad
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CharliesDad » Tue May 07, 2013 6:12 am

I didn't order the half price B-Wing, but I did order the Y-Wing + Watch combo and the Umbaran MHC™ to get the free shipping plus poster plus Han. However, when I placed it midday on Saturday, I got a message saying that due to high volume I might not get a confirmation e-mail for up to 24 hours. Well, it's been well over 48 hours now and I just looked at my order history at S@H and it isn't showing up. I just sent an e-mail to S@H to inquire about it. I'm really hoping that they don't let me down.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 am

SquareSide wrote: @popnfresh, I'm so sorry about your TRU order being cancelled, that could have easily happened to me as well... ordered around the same time as you. If they had done the same to my order I would of been completely done with them as well. You might try calling LEGO customer service and telling them the situation, they might sympathize and give you the same deal? Worth a try... :(
I would be much less annoyed if they didn't wait 48 hours to cancel after charging my card and saying my order is processed. They had plenty of time to warn so I could order from s@h, but nope, TRU loves shoddy business practices.

scotts
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scotts » Tue May 07, 2013 12:57 pm

I didn't have my order cancelled but as soon as the sale went live I bought a B-Wing. I was refreshing the page every 5 seconds so I must have been one of the first to purchase and yet still my order is on back order. If I wouldn't have been buying this at such a good price or I would be a little peeved right now. Regardless though their ordering system seems a little out of wack.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Tue May 07, 2013 4:06 pm

I got a notice saying that my b-wing shipped! Maybe my card (discover) processed quicker than others?

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue May 07, 2013 5:56 pm

it's impossible to find the common reason why some are getting their order cancelled or backordered. I ordered within 1-2 min after sale went live and I had no problems. Everyone who is stating that they had problems would need to document all the specifics of their sale including payment method, credit card used, time, location, use of gift cards, use of vip points, how many sets purchased, other sets purchased with the bwing, etc before anyone can surmise whether there was a common problem to all cancelled orders or backorders.

I don't think the use of discover credit card would be a reason for getting the order in without problems or delays.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Tue May 07, 2013 6:05 pm

I also order a couple of the $14.99 minifigure sets with mine.I ordered mine a minute or two after it went live. I only ordered 1 b-wing. And as I stated, I used a credit card, but used no vip points or gift cards. I am located in New England.

Muntz
I'm New !

Post by Muntz » Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm

I ordered at 12:01AM EST. I ordered 1 B-Wing with the same credit card I always use at S@H (and had used for another order on May 2nd.) I'm located in the GTA. So far only my bonus items have shipped. My B-Wing is back ordered.

I also placed a second order for the Red Five X-Wing at around 12:06AM and that ordered has shipped in its entirety.

When I called LEGO I was told that my order is in the May 20th back order group. Apparently there is also a May 16th group. I think it is a good sign that the B-Wing is still order-able and isn't "Sold Out".

The only other time I had an issue was during Black Friday a couple of years ago. I ordered the Imperial Flagship and it was in stock. The order quickly went to back ordered status and then was cancelled. I'm positive in that case LEGO did not process orders in the order in which they were placed as I mentioned the deal to a friend and they ordered after me and they received one.

Fingers crossed.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Tue May 07, 2013 8:08 pm

My order of B-Wings from Toysrus.com all shipped along with the Pre-Viszla polybags. Ordered at 5am in the morning.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Tue May 07, 2013 10:06 pm

I placed my order about 10 minutes into the sale. Got notice that my complete order (2 B-wings and some other stuff) has shipped.

Now I just hope my VIP points get credited correctly.

shootyb
Peasant
Peasant

Post by shootyb » Wed May 08, 2013 5:40 am

I ordered one one B-Wing on Sunday. It is backordered, but they shipped the Han Solo mf and poster yesterday.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:03 am

I ordered late Saturday night. I thought I hit place order and left the PC and realized around 11pm that it didn't go through and ordered again. I've gotten two emails that the b wing is backordered (same order, I only ordered one) and my 5 CMF, two posters and Han have not shipped. I hope they have enough Han figs, because I will be annoyed if that does't ship. Odd that someone who ordered on Sunday had their promo stuff shipped.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Wed May 08, 2013 7:40 am

Any time Lego has a sale like this, people desperately grasp for any sense in the order-filling mechanism. And once again, there is none to be found. There are hundreds of customer service reps processing orders, hundreds more verifying inventory, supposedly a team of sleuths looking for people abrogating the quantity restrictions... I imagine it as something like Kafka in primary colors.

"This order is only for you."
"Can you fill it?"
"No."

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Wed May 08, 2013 11:01 am

I received my B-wing and also got a free 70113 Chi battles set as a trial for the speedorz. First time I've seen Lego thrown in surprise freebies, thought that was nice.

80sjunkie
I'm New !

Post by 80sjunkie » Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Sith Interceptor on sale at Amazon. Matches the price I saw at Target on Sunday. $72.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q0 ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Wed May 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Nannan wrote:I received my B-wing and also got a free 70113 Chi battles set as a trial for the speedorz. First time I've seen Lego thrown in surprise freebies, thought that was nice.
Wait wut?? Was the freebie listed on your receipt as such? Did anyone else get any Chima freebies? And, if you don't mind, what was the total amount of your order?

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Wed May 08, 2013 1:07 pm

The set was not on the receipt but they included a flyer explaining that the chima set was a free trial. I ordered only 1 B-wing.