10% off coupon on Fall 2013 Catalog

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
alexb54
Citizen
Citizen

Re: 10% off coupon on Fall 2013 Catalog

Post by alexb54 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:16 am

Aww, so sad. I just got my first ever coupon a few days ago. There is nothing to use it on now... :cry:

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 pm

^ I believe the coupon will still work on the MBA sets. They are exclusive, but I haven't seen them on any of the explicit lists of exclusions. I hope to confirm next week, during the castle minibuild.

Roobix
I'm New !

Post by Roobix » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Is there a way to continually get catalogs? The last time I called to get one they told me that you get mailed a catalog twice and then you have to call again.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Roobix wrote:Is there a way to continually get catalogs? The last time I called to get one they told me that you get mailed a catalog twice and then you have to call again.
They should keep coming if you place an order every now and then.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:25 am

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:
Roobix wrote:Is there a way to continually get catalogs? The last time I called to get one they told me that you get mailed a catalog twice and then you have to call again.
They should keep coming if you place an order every now and then.
I've found that using the Promo Code and/or the Customer Code found on the back during on-line checkout is a good way to keep the catalogs coming.

cmrt1014
Citizen
Citizen

Post by cmrt1014 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:27 am

atmail35 wrote:
StClair wrote:
Maybe its because there is NOT a LEGO store in the area?
With what I've read about exclusions of particular products I won't complain though. Plus I love the free shipping and no sales taxes on purchases AND free bonus items with purchases (in this case the VW minibuild).

Anyone else not get a coupon in their LEGO catalog?
Apparently you have to be within X miles of a LEGO Brand Store to receive a coupon. I think maybe it is 60 miles. I'm guessing they don't put coupons on those who do not have stores nearby since they (falsely) believe that people won't drive far for the store. Honestly, I've always thought that "rule" was ridiculous since people do travel or even are willing to drive hours to a LBS. They need a new marketing person! ;-)

Well, the distance from the store theory ha at least one counter point: DH got a coupon on his catalog delivered to our street address, not me, delivered to our PO box. We are about 180 miles from a store. We do buy from the store a bit as DH travels for work close to several.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:06 pm

brixter wrote:I'm very curious to see if this new rule applies to the annual Black Friday scratch off discount. From the wording of the official response, it sounds like you will NOT be able to include any of those sets in a BF discount. They will probably keep this rule in effect through the holidays and lift it in the new year in response to the massive outcry of Lego customers.
I am in a LUG adult club here in Atlanta and we have 2 stores with in 30 miles from me. We recieved the message from Kevin Hinkle several weeks back, and based on the new policy, I would NOT count on the scratch off working on the sets from the "forbidden" list. I would recommend voicing your opinion about the coupon small print not being very clear and is somewhat misleading. On another note, the store had catalogs with coupons on the back, which they don't usually have.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 am

I just picked up a 10% coupon with the catolog at the Lego store yesterday; they also said the sets (mentioned in this thread) are no longer available for use with it.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:33 pm

At the August LEGO Club Meeting, instead of the usual $5 off $35 coupons, they handed out 10% off coupons that clearly came out of an inkjet printer, and they specifically stated that they coupons couldn't be used on exclusives. Since the Black Friday scratch-off coupons are only given at the register, I'm going to bet that this same rule will apply, they'll hand you the card and tell you that the discount doesn't apply to exclusives.

I'm finding less and less reasons to shop at the LEGO store. First they eliminate grab bags, now they implement stupid TRU-like coupon exclusions (not that it matters personally to me since I haven't seen a coupon since they opened a store in my state)... the only reason to go there is for the Pick-a-brick and LEGO Club Meetings... since LEGO Club Meetings are about to end for the year (none in November-December), I doubt I'll set foot in the store until the meetings start again in January. The closest store is 100 miles away, so I spend at least $25 in gas to go there, the least they could do is let you use a coupon now and then without silly restrictions.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 pm

@meyerc13 - I feel the same way. Not much reason to stop by in-person anymore, not without that coupon. I've been holding my breath for another "two PAB cups for the price of one" promotion, but I don't think that's going to happen again at this point. They ran that special in April 2012, but it didn't happen this year like I was hoping.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:34 am

You know, most if not all of the so called "exclusive" sets can be purchased from Wal-Mart or Target online with free shipping at the same price. Use your Target card and you get 5% off. Why bother with the Lego store if they want to exclude all the sets that adults want? I don't get any Lego from TRU anymore since they jacked up the price and exclude all the good stuff from the sales. I guess the same may come true for the Lego Store, not counting the occasional pick-a-brick cup.

darwin316
I'm New !

Post by darwin316 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:36 am

Sucks about the limitations on these coupons now but at least I was able to use it on the exclusive crawler 41999 last weekend.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:32 am

meyerc13 wrote:At the August LEGO Club Meeting, instead of the usual $5 off $35 coupons, they handed out 10% off coupons that clearly came out of an inkjet printer, and they specifically stated that they coupons couldn't be used on exclusives. Since the Black Friday scratch-off coupons are only given at the register, I'm going to bet that this same rule will apply, they'll hand you the card and tell you that the discount doesn't apply to exclusives.
Interesting about the Club coupon, In August we still received the $5 off $35. I wouldn't be happy with the 10% since you'd have to spend $50 to get the same amount off. Was it 10% off your purchase or one item?

Boo all around! :sad:

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:49 pm

It was 10% off one item. I have mixed feelings on that coupon. On the one hand, sometimes my kids don't have $35 to spend, so at least this way they'd get some savings. Also, if they want to make a big purchase they could save more than $5 (assuming that the set isn't an exclusive). For example, $7 off the Dolphin Cruiser that my daughter wants would beat $5 off with the old coupon.

However, I thought the same thing as you, now they'd have to find a $50 item to get the same savings that they could get before. We'll find out soon if this is a permanent change or a one time thing, there are two upcoming LEGO Club Meeting this month that my kids are going to (Friends and City). If they give the 10% coupon again I'm going to ask the manager on duty about it.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:01 pm

We got the 10% off one item at the City Club meeting today. I'm not sure I like it, I have the catalog coupon that I'm not sure what to use it on. I have to ponder it a bit more on how I feel exactly.

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:34 pm

I found this thread after getting burned at the Lego store. After making a special trip to pick up the new Winter Village set, I put it back on the shelf when I was told of the new exclusion policy. I'll watch amazon or elsewhere, because this guy doesn't pay retail. I sent a nastygram to corporate.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 am

darwin316 wrote:Sucks about the limitations on these coupons now but at least I was able to use it on the exclusive crawler 41999 last weekend.
Lucky you. I was not able to get a discount on 41999. Almost got it but the brick associate decided to double check and disappeared for a while in the back of the store.

I kinda miss the days when Lego wasn't as popular. Sales were better when products were not moving off the shelves.