Toy's r Us Buy 2 get 1 sale in September?

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
flpanthers1
Peasant
Peasant

Toy's r Us Buy 2 get 1 sale in September?

Post by flpanthers1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:52 am

So I was thinking about how nice the buy 2 get one free from Toy's r Us was last year, and I didn't see any chatter on the subject. The post from last year (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) did not have any recent posts, so I thought I would post something here. I believe last year's sale was mid-September, and I confirmed this with my credit card statement. I know TrUs has not been our friend for awhile, and it is a love/hate relationship sometime. However I'm curious to know if anyone has heard anything about a possible deal. Hopefully they don't jack-up the prices before the sale, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Toy's r Us Buy 2 get 1 sale in September?

Post by chenwaa123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 am

flpanthers1 wrote:So I was thinking about how nice the buy 2 get one free from Toy's r Us was last year, and I didn't see any chatter on the subject. The post from last year (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) did not have any recent posts, so I thought I would post something here. I believe last year's sale was mid-September, and I confirmed this with my credit card statement. I know TrUs has not been our friend for awhile, and it is a love/hate relationship sometime. However I'm curious to know if anyone has heard anything about a possible deal. Hopefully they don't jack-up the prices before the sale, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Even if they don't jack the price above msrp they WILL exclude everything I want to buy.

Even the Road Plates and Train Tracks are now listed as "Hard to Find." What a joke. All these hard to find items can be found easily with my google machine...clearly they use this category to limit the sale items.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Re: Toy's r Us Buy 2 get 1 sale in September?

Post by brickarmor » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Pretty sure it's the third week of September. Rumors will probably circulate next week. Though whether it's a B2G1 or just a BOGO50, I'm not sure.