[USA] Fry's 50% off lego - ONLINE and INSTORE!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
ha876
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Fry's 50% off lego - ONLINE and INSTORE!

Post by ha876 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:28 pm

DmChylde wrote:If you have a TRU nearby ask if they'll price; match mine did: http://flic.kr/p/gYcdC2
how would you go about asking for a price match?

DmChylde
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by DmChylde » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:41 pm

anakinisvader wrote:
DmChylde wrote:If you have a TRU nearby ask if they'll price; match mine did: http://flic.kr/p/gYcdC2
Score
Indeed. Got the kids covered for Xmas and a few bits for my stash!

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks for the tip. It actually worked for me. The TRU in Albuquerque where I used to live would NEVER have price matched like this. But the ones in the DFW area will.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

algro18
Peasant
Peasant

Post by algro18 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Tried the toysrus at firewheel. (Garland, Texas) they had the list from online printed at customer services and said they won't match frys.
I called the Allen, tx toysrus and the guy that answered was super cool, he said he would price match. He said he had been doing it all day, a woman even had 2 buggies full. He just asked me to show him the lego set number and the price from my phone. He even added the free 5 pack, he was unsure if the system would do it with all the price matches.
No more vampire hearses there tho.

ha876
I'm New !

Post by ha876 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:34 pm

Tried it out in Austin, Texas. They said they didnt price match Frys. You guys that got the price match are really lucky.

algro18
Peasant
Peasant

Post by algro18 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:51 pm

You might want to try target or Walmart. Target does not have a list of who they accept like toysrus.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:00 pm

I went to 2 toysrus' in the seattle area and heard two different stories. At the first store they had no issue with frys matching, but they limited me to 2 per sku (luckily they let me do 2 transactions since my husband was there, but didnt count my kid for a 3rd transaction). Got 2 of about 7 different sets, mostly chima and star wars. 2nd TRU only had chima, star wars tie fighter and urukhai army. Got 2 of tie fighter and uruk, but at the register they said they dont usually match frys but would allow it this time.
For those of you who have had their TRU say they dont match frys, try telling them that they would for an electronics item or video game! Should be no different for lego.

ha876
I'm New !

Post by ha876 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:27 am

what if the items are no longer in stock at the local frys. Wouldn't they still say no due to the availability.

algro18
Peasant
Peasant

Post by algro18 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:43 am

The guy that allowed it did not ask about availability.
Soccerd45 - online toysrus has a list of stores they price match, so they can say no to price matching fry's according to the website rules.

ha876
I'm New !

Post by ha876 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:10 am

algro18- thanks
I really dont think target will price match since it says explicitly in their price match details that items must be in stock (at fry's). Have any of you guys tried at Target. If there has been success, I might give it a shot.

DmChylde
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by DmChylde » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 am

ha876 wrote:algro18- thanks
I really dont think target will price match since it says explicitly in their price match details that items must be in stock (at fry's). Have any of you guys tried at Target. If there has been success, I might give it a shot.
I tried both of my Targets in my town before I was successful at TRU for a price match. Target has changed their policy to the big 5 stores for the price match, and the 3 Wal-Marts in town told me no because Fry's was not a "local" competitor because they were more than 10 miles away.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:25 pm

algro18 wrote:Tried the toysrus at firewheel. (Garland, Texas) they had the list from online printed at customer services and said they won't match frys.
I called the Allen, tx toysrus and the guy that answered was super cool, he said he would price match. He said he had been doing it all day, a woman even had 2 buggies full. He just asked me to show him the lego set number and the price from my phone. He even added the free 5 pack, he was unsure if the system would do it with all the price matches.
No more vampire hearses there tho.
The Allen store is the one that price matched for me. There weren't any Monster Fighter Hearses left when I got there either. I did 3 separate transactions and got 3 bricktober figs. Awesome store. Gave them awesome reviews with the survey on the recipt. (its tied to bonuses for the store)

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Not sure why TRU would be price matching when it specifically states they will not price match:

"Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales"

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Deathleech wrote:Not sure why TRU would be price matching when it specifically states they will not price match:

"Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales"
Its because some Managers are cool. I never ask why, I just take the deal and run.