Walmart.com messed up with crazy low pricing

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Walmart.com messed up with crazy low pricing

Post by NiceMarmot » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Dmendro wrote:
dulait wrote:
Dmendro wrote:This is just theft.
Have to disagree, this is more like taking advantage of an error not commited by us. On the other hand, people whom buy up all the stocks when ever there are clearances and resell for profits, now that is theft against the people!

Knowing something is not supposed to be sold at that price, then buying it anyway is the same thing as switching the price tags on two different items. Yeah someone screwed up, but YOU KNOW it's not supposed to be that price. You are just looting the store and throwing $10.88 at walmart to make your conscience feel better.
How do I know $10.99 is not a legit price for Comanche Camp? It's not even 50% off.

I know; I shouldn't feed the trolls.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Dmendro wrote:
dulait wrote:
Have to disagree, this is more like taking advantage of an error not commited by us. On the other hand, people whom buy up all the stocks when ever there are clearances and resell for profits, now that is theft against the people!

Knowing something is not supposed to be sold at that price, then buying it anyway is the same thing as switching the price tags on two different items. Yeah someone screwed up, but YOU KNOW it's not supposed to be that price. You are just looting the store and throwing $10.88 at walmart to make your conscience feel better.
I agree. It's much more blatant with the Tvs and electronics though IMO .
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Dmendro
I'm New !

Post by Dmendro » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:52 am

NiceMarmot wrote:
Dmendro wrote:
dulait wrote:

How do I know $10.99 is not a legit price for Comanche Camp? It's not even 50% off.

I know; I shouldn't feed the trolls.
Considering you posted that you knew it was messed up and fully expected your order to be cancelled, I would expect you already know the answer to your question. And if you think I'm a troll because I have some morals, then I guess that's what I am. There is nothing wrong with bargain hunting or slickedealing, but this is just plain looting.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:23 am

Dmendro,
You are absolutely right about this. But with that said, you are a far better person that me. I am jealous of everyone who got this excellent deal, and I am sure if I had the opportunity, I would have taken advantage.
By the way, NiceMarmot wasn't suggesting that you are a troll. Marmot was allowing people to continue trolling by his comment on the Comanche Camp.
Look up trolling at urbandictionary.com or some site like that to understand trolling better.

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:36 am

While I knew the site was messed up in general, I didn't know whether any specific item I ordered had a valid price or not. Perhaps they were putting many items on clearance and applied that pricing to too many items? Comanche Camp or Stagecoach Escape for $10.99 is a very reasonable sale. Unexpected Gathering for $10.99 would certainly be unusual, but not out of the realm of possibility for a clearance. I've certainly bought LEGO before at 85% off. Death Star for $10.99 (I don't think it was), or a $2000 flat screen tv for $38 (which I heard about in the news), are clearly pricing errors, and taking advantage of those is a different story. And they certainly had the opportunity to cancel shipment.

Walmart entered into contract, which their terms and conditions gave them every right to cancel, and they fulfilled it. They received their money and I received my LEGO. It's not my responsibility to second guess their intentions, actions, and procedures. The terms of the contract (including the pricing), were, in my judgement, reasonable, if perhaps a bit unusual. While I was surprised that they fulfilled it, I have to interpret that, since they had the opportunity and time to cancel it, as meaning that they thought the order was reasonable.