Lego S@H Boxing Day Deals Reveal date & time?

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Lego S@H Boxing Day Deals Reveal date & time?

Post by Toronadian » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:58 pm

dulait wrote:
Toronadian wrote:Looks like nothing to buy for me. Some sets at 20% off, including the City Garage, Palpatine's Arrest, the Technic Tow Truck, Quinjet Aerial Battle, Train Station, Helicopter Rescue, Baxter's Robot Rampage and a few others.

20% off you can get at TRU's sales basically any time. The only ones maybe are Helicopter Rescue (which I think might be an exclusive to Walmart) and Baxter's Robot Rampage (which might be TRU exclusive) but I've seen Helicopter Rescue for a bit cheaper than that. Baxter's Robot Rampage is slightly tempting despite the crappy discount though because of it's exclusivity.
Nothing for me either. Helicopter Rescue was half price at Walmart 2 months ago, Baxter's Robot Rampage is a Toys R Us exclusive, but again at 20% off we can get it at Toys R Us anyway, no rush on getting it, eventually they will clear them out to make room for wave 2 next year.
HALF? I thought maybe like 25-30%, but HALF? At Walmart? I never saw that set at that large of a discount at Walmart in the last 2 months. What location did you see it for that price (even though it's likely gone by now)?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Wow, that was NOT worth waiting up for. Good night.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

IAmElim
Citizen
Citizen

Post by IAmElim » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:03 pm

Anyone here has tried the 10$ promotional gift card that LEGO gave us on cyber monday if you bought for 149$ or more? I've tried to enter the code with/without the hidden pin number and it always says that the code is invalid... But I've checked the balance on the card and they say 10$ left. It doesn't work on an on sale article or a regular priced item neither.

I agree with the above comments : LEGO seems to adopt a strict price policy that is quite annoying.

utahkei
I'm New !

Post by utahkei » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:48 pm

You should input the code on coupon section but not gift card section.

Draug
I'm New !

Post by Draug » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:56 pm

IAmElim wrote:Anyone here has tried the 10$ promotional gift card that LEGO gave us on cyber monday if you bought for 149$ or more? I've tried to enter the code with/without the hidden pin number and it always says that the code is invalid... But I've checked the balance on the card and they say 10$ left. It doesn't work on an on sale article or a regular priced item neither.

I agree with the above comments : LEGO seems to adopt a strict price policy that is quite annoying.
I just used multiple $10 promotional gift cards from Cyber Monday. All of them worked just fine. I entered the 19 digit card number and the gift card pin (under the scratch area) in the payment area of the checkout. They were all used on sale items.

IAmElim
Citizen
Citizen

Post by IAmElim » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:04 am

Thanks! I was trying to input this in the Promo Code box on the right side...

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:04 am

Toronadian wrote:
dulait wrote:
Toronadian wrote:Looks like nothing to buy for me. Some sets at 20% off, including the City Garage, Palpatine's Arrest, the Technic Tow Truck, Quinjet Aerial Battle, Train Station, Helicopter Rescue, Baxter's Robot Rampage and a few others.

20% off you can get at TRU's sales basically any time. The only ones maybe are Helicopter Rescue (which I think might be an exclusive to Walmart) and Baxter's Robot Rampage (which might be TRU exclusive) but I've seen Helicopter Rescue for a bit cheaper than that. Baxter's Robot Rampage is slightly tempting despite the crappy discount though because of it's exclusivity.
Nothing for me either. Helicopter Rescue was half price at Walmart 2 months ago, Baxter's Robot Rampage is a Toys R Us exclusive, but again at 20% off we can get it at Toys R Us anyway, no rush on getting it, eventually they will clear them out to make room for wave 2 next year.
HALF? I thought maybe like 25-30%, but HALF? At Walmart? I never saw that set at that large of a discount at Walmart in the last 2 months. What location did you see it for that price (even though it's likely gone by now)?
Sorry, got confused with the other set that was on sale at the time. Helicopter Rescue was 40% off around the same time when 70012 Razar’s CHI Raider and 9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter were on for half off.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:52 am

Well, I got a free keychain for my efforts of heading there after I went to Vaughan Mills already. Called ahead of time, they said they had certain sets on sale, same as website and they had a free gift thing that you revealed when peeling away. Not sure what the options were but I got a free keychain up to $6.49.

Not sure if this was on the website last night (it is now though), but in-store theye had PLENTY of 79010 The Goblin King at about $78. Works out to be 40% off. That's good if you're in the market for that set but I personally don't care for it. There's nothing I like about it other than maybe the minifigures.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:33 am

If you click "sales and deals" only some items that are discounted show up. For instance 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape is not listed in the sales and deals but it is listed for $31.98 under DC universe Superheroes theme. I find it frustrating that they would offer it at a discounted price since they've been out of stock for weeks now. Maybe if someone is lucky enough to find it in a LEGO brick and mortar store... It hasn't been flagged as retiring soon so I think it is odd that they would discount it at all since it is such a good seller and a LEGO shop at home and Toysrus exclusive. Perhaps they discounted it even though they were out of stock to make the sale seem better.
Was anyone able to purchase 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape for this price?
Any word on when it may be retired?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:49 am

StClair wrote:If you click "sales and deals" only some items that are discounted show up. For instance 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape is not listed in the sales and deals but it is listed for $31.98 under DC universe Superheroes theme. I find it frustrating that they would offer it at a discounted price since they've been out of stock for weeks now. Maybe if someone is lucky enough to find it in a LEGO brick and mortar store... It hasn't been flagged as retiring soon so I think it is odd that they would discount it at all since it is such a good seller and a LEGO shop at home and Toysrus exclusive. Perhaps they discounted it even though they were out of stock to make the sale seem better.
Was anyone able to purchase 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape for this price?
Any word on when it may be retired?

LEGO makes 500 sets a year now, not all the sets are going to be listed as "Retiring Soon". Hell hardly any are.

It's on a discount it's in case there are any left in stores. It's clearly not going to be around much longer, you want it buy it now.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:50 am

After StClair's post, I started looking around the site. So far, it seems like some of the Architecture sets, even Robbie House is on sale but all out of stock. Robbie House was at 20% off for $200 but out of stock....wonder if it ever was in stock at the time of the sale.

I think in the Sales and Deals part of it, they're only listing the sets that had any stock in the first place and none of the OOS ones.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Last chance to get the very popular, pun intended, B-wing UCS set for half price in store if they still have stock.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:52 pm

^they actually have it in-stock in store?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:33 am

Toronadian wrote:Baxter's Robot Rampage is slightly tempting despite the crappy discount though because of it's exclusivity.
Baxter's set was on a sale at TRU for $25 in November. But $31 is the next best sale if you missed it. http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toys-r-us-le ... t-rampage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(I always like to know if I'm grabbing the bottom or not.)

I used my LEGO promo card and got more baubles. I wish they had reindeer baubles, sleighs, and Thanksgiving dinner sets still available.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:07 am

Anyone near a LBS visit the LBS yet to check out what kind deals they might have?
Thanks

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:47 am

harry99 wrote:^they actually have it in-stock in store?
Yes, but call ahead, stock varies depend on the store.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:50 am

1brickshyofcrazy wrote:Anyone near a LBS visit the LBS yet to check out what kind deals they might have?
Thanks
I went to one yesterday in the Seattle area:
-They had the fire helicopter for I think a dollar off...
-The police station was $79.99.
-The Zoo truck was in the same area as the sale items, but not marked down even though they are on the website.
-All of the Chima speedorz were 50% off.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:12 pm

dulait wrote:

Baxter's Robot was $25 not that long ago at TRU. I doubt TRU will clearance the set out. My TRU still have 2012 Star Wars Advent Calendar for $30, which is an INCREASE from when I bought it in April for $22.