Will 10235 Winter Village Market go 1/2 off?

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Will 10235 Winter Village Market go 1/2 off?

Post by earl9371 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:03 pm

I believe in year's past Lego brand stores have marked down their holiday sets to around 50% post-Christmas. However, with Lego now iron-fisting pricing on any exclusives,you think the holiday sets be on sale when stores open tomorrow (Thursday)?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Re: Will 10235 Winter Village Market go 1/2 off?

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:03 pm

I would say who knows. They discounted the 10229 Cottage last year after Christmas. It started at 30% off and made its way to 50%. Then they brought it back. Screwy bunch there at LEGO.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:14 pm

I hope so, but I highly doubt it. If they do it, they'll break their own words.
On the other hand, 10235 is only sold at Lego official stores and many people don't think 10235 is a very interesting set. I guess they have to find a way to sell this set out.
Last edited by hikari on Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:20 pm

hikari wrote:I hope so, but I highly doubt it. If they do it, they'll break their own words.
On the other hand, 10235 is only sold at S@H and many people don't think 10235 is a very interesting set. I guess they have to find a way to sell this set out.
So 10235 wasn't available at Lego brand stores? We don't have any in my area but will be traveling tomorrow where one is located.

Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrcoolnup » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes, it was sold in the Lego stores, so you'll probably see it there tomorrow.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:51 pm

I remember it for 30 but not 50% last year.

I'd guess it will be %20-30% and then go up from there.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Last year, for Boxing Day, one of the older Winter Village sets were on sale (I think it was the bakery?) while the Cottage was still full price. I got a scratch card for 20% off and used it on Town Hall and the Cottage. Fast forward a few months, they were clearing out the Winter Village Cottage set at about 30% off. Luckily I was still within the refund date, had my receipt and still box intact, so I returned the one I got from Boxing Day, and bought it for 30% off then.

This was in Canada btw.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Again, like the calendars from previous years, if they have a lot of dead stock, they will clear them out. If you see a lot of these winter sets in stock after tomorrow, highly likely they will be on sale post boxing week. And their no discount on exclusives rumor only apply to other retailers, so they are no going back on their words.

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 am

Welp, that answers that - still full price. Between this and no breaks anywhere on UCS sets during the holidays, I'm kinda ready to move on to something else. It was a nice ride while it lasted, Lego.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:47 am

Nada, nothing on the Winter Village sets.

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:58 am

I ordered a 10235 from Ebay several days ago for 85 dollars. The seller ID was new and located in Vietnam. To my surprise, I received the package today. It was shipped through Fedex two-day shipping from USA. To make this purchase even more weird, the package is exactly as if I ordered from S@H, including the box and the receipt, which has my name and address on it. You know the receipt from S@H has special printing and sticker. The order number looks like normal but shown as invalid at S@H website.

Any idea why did they make so much effort to fake all of these?

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:34 am

hikari wrote:I ordered a 10235 from Ebay several days ago for 85 dollars. The seller ID was new and located in Vietnam. To my surprise, I received the package today. It was shipped through Fedex two-day shipping from USA. To make this purchase even more weird, the package is exactly as if I ordered from S@H, including the box and the receipt, which has my name and address on it. You know the receipt from S@H has special printing and sticker. The order number looks like normal but shown as invalid at S@H website.

Any idea why did they make so much effort to fake all of these?
It is likely a scam using a stolen credit card. They ordered and had it shipped to you straight from LEGO S@H. Once it is reported, you will be blacklisted and not able to order from LEGO S@H. I wonder if they used one of the card numbers from the big Target hack.

Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrcoolnup » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:42 pm

I did this when I first started collecting too. S@H told me to keep items, but good to call as they may freeze your account. Don't waste time calling eBay to report as they don't care. Your seller got paid from eBay and a stolen credit card was used to order your Lego.

I don't even bother looking at the too good to be true new sellers, and sometimes click to report obvious fraud, though I doubt it is acted upon by eBay or PayPal.

Annoying as someone who had their card fraudulently used will see your address as culprit unless they're aware of scam. Don't lose sleep over it, just be aware.

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Thank you!

This order at LEGO S@H is valid. I just called LEGO S@H and reported this. That guy used my name to place this order, which was 128 dollars. There is no reason he sold me for 85 dollars. From S@H, they haven't find anything unnormal yet. Maybe because it's just not long enough.

85 dollars for 10235 set, I won't say it is something too good to be true and it was a bidding at ebay. Everything was fine until I received the package. The seller is new but I thought ebay would protect the buyer very well...... this seller didn't do anything wrong from ebay's end, so I also don't think ebay will care.

I won't buy anything from new seller again!
Last edited by hikari on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:38 pm

hikari wrote:Thank you!

This order at LEGO S@H is valid. I just called LEGO S@H and reported this. That guy used my name to place this order, which was 128 dollars. There is no reason he sold me for 85 dollars. From S@H, they didn't find anything unnormal yet. Maybe because it's just not long enough.

85 dollars for 10235 set, I won't say it is something too good to be true and it was a bidding at ebay. Everything was fine until I received the package. The seller is new but I thought ebay would protect the buyer very well...... this seller didn't do anything wrong from ebay's end, so I also don't think ebay will care.

I won't buy anything from new seller again!
That smells of a drop shipping scam. They take your money and use a stolen credit card to do a legit order. Do an internet search on "drop ship scam".

Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrcoolnup » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Yes...the fraud just wasn't reported to Lego yet, but the credit card and eBay seller likely didn't match up. Who would sell at, with fees, at least a $45 loss to their own credit card? As clearly he didn't have it on hand to ship himself. They pay extra for quick shipping to keep buyers happy. That set should've had free shipping and only been $100 on S@H.

However yes, it was only a real order, in that a valid transaction was placed with a credit card that was approved to ship to your address, as the real owner of said credit card is not aware it has been compromised yet, and therefor has not reported any incidents. They'll know soon enough!

Many new collectors fall for this early on. I did and you can read threads here or elsewhere to confirm or refute your beliefs on this. Either way, Lego loses, as they don't ask the receiver to return item, they eat the loss,and to date, haven't gone after eBay for not taking enough measures to prevent this.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:53 am

Hmmm, I thought I read on this board that S@h wasn't shipping to addresses anymore that didn't match cc info? Sorry liability lies with s@h on this one, they accepted the funds, not eBay.

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:39 am

zztoy wrote:Hmmm, I thought I read on this board that S@h wasn't shipping to addresses anymore that didn't match cc info? Sorry liability lies with s@h on this one, they accepted the funds, not eBay.
The shipping address is mine and the billing address is at a newly sold house in Australia, all under my name. Don't know how the payment was accepted at S@H. Several sellers from Vietnam sold many 10235 in this way recently. They could be the same person. Many buyers were happy because it was fast and "authentic". I feel sorry about this. I have over 80 Lego sets, so not so new at all. I was going to buy 10235 at S@H this year but somehow bought other sets during the promotion. I will be more aware when buying at ebay.

alexb54
Citizen
Citizen

Post by alexb54 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:52 pm

The real reason they ship with expedited shipping is not for the benefit of the buyer but to get the product delivered as fast as possible. Once it is delivered, there's nothing that can be done except for the bank to take a hit. If the cardholder notices the fraudulent transaction in time, then Lego can RTS or cancel the order.

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:21 pm

No discounts on either the carousel or the cottage set at the Sacramento store...

Steve