Walmart LEGO Clearance - day after Christmas?

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
ritzcrackerman
Peasant
Peasant

Walmart LEGO Clearance - day after Christmas?

Post by ritzcrackerman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:45 am

Any luck yet finding deals?

I hit the closest one to me, I've had success the past few years finding clearance marked at 50% off. I've never gone right as it opened the day after Christmas though, and nothing was marked down. A lot of the sets were 1-2 years old, but nothing scanned at discount.

Should I try again in a day or two? How long does it take for the discounts to show up?

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Walmart LEGO Clearance - day after Christmas?

Post by King » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:19 am

Nothing here...despite the fact this has been a solid thing for the last few years

RainingBoroSI02
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RainingBoroSI02 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:21 am

Last year they we're live before they opened. I think we aren't going to see much because of how big the Black Friday sale ate inventory.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:37 am

I hit three this morning and... nothing. Quite disappointing. :(

LEGO shelves were almost bare in all three, so I wouldn't have had much of a selection anyway.

XiousDs
I'm New !

Post by XiousDs » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:41 am

Been all around Jacksonville Florida. Lots of older sets but no discounts beyond 25% off :(.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:57 am

I only visited the store in Wheeling - which admittedly never seems to have regularly timed clearance sales - and found nothing.

ritzcrackerman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ritzcrackerman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:13 am

GuaranteedUnity wrote:I hit three this morning and... nothing. Quite disappointing. :(

LEGO shelves were almost bare in all three, so I wouldn't have had much of a selection anyway.
Here in the Pacific NW, Walmarts are pretty much demonized, so for me to go to three stores would be about a 3-4 hr round trip. Impressive you were able to hit three!

Sounds like the lack of discounts/clearance is typical across North America. Bummer. I'll keep this thread open so hopefully something will happen sometime, somewhere to somebody.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:24 am

I wouldn't count on it this year unfortunately.

ritzcrackerman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ritzcrackerman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:33 am

intromission wrote:I wouldn't count on it this year unfortunately.
Do you know something we don't? Or gut feeling?

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:41 am

I wonder if the lack of sales has anything to due with the huge IT mess-up that had expensive Lego sets, as well as all kinds of other items, on sale for around $11. That had to cost the company some major bucks.
The usual post Christmas 50% off sale is about the only time I ever find any Lego deals at Walmart.

I'm New !

Post by top » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 am

For what it is worth: I was told by a manager that there will be no lego markdowns because the stores did not reach their quotas, probably because of the short holiday season and bad weather.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:58 am

ritzcrackerman wrote:
Gut feeling. It's a mix of what Bystander said, plus the big 30% off ALL Lego sale BEFORE Christmas (that was a first I think). The average consumer must have jumped on that sale, which explains why most Walmart Lego aisles look the way they do at the moment. I spoke to a couple of Walmart employees and they both said they had sold a lot of toys this year (especially LEGO). They also said something might come later, there has been that second wave of LEGO Winter clearance in years past, maybe they just felt they could skip the first this year.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:17 am

ritzcrackerman wrote:
GuaranteedUnity wrote:I hit three this morning and... nothing. Quite disappointing. :(

Here in the Pacific NW, Walmarts are pretty much demonized, so for me to go to three stores would be about a 3-4 hr round trip. Impressive you were able to hit three!

Sounds like the lack of discounts/clearance is typical across North America. Bummer. I'll keep this thread open so hopefully something will happen sometime, somewhere to somebody.
Yea, i was thinking about hitting up everett and lynnwood... But as you said, walmarts are few and far between here and since no one else seems to have had any luck today, ill probably skip today :(

Drax44
I'm New !

Post by Drax44 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Was able to get a few copies of 9590 (malgus's ship) for $49 each but that was all I saw available at 2 walmarts today.

XiousDs
I'm New !

Post by XiousDs » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:11 pm

More busts at other Walmarts around jacksonville. Target had some friends and teenage mutant ninja turtle poll bags half off. The target near the orange park mall had lots and I only wanted a couple. Real bummer though cause I save some money for after Christmas Lego sales and pretty much just skip black friday. Guess that money will go into the next big sale. I only buy at 50% off unless a hard to find set.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:18 pm

ritzcrackerman wrote:Impressive you were able to hit three!
It's about 15 miles between each, but at 6am there's no traffic, and I happened to be up early.

Of course, this is the year I decided to hit the Walmart that was furthest away first, as they typically have much more stock, so could have saved myself some miles and toll by starting closer to home.

Ah well.
intromission wrote:
ritzcrackerman wrote:
Gut feeling. It's a mix of what Bystander said, plus the big 30% off ALL Lego sale BEFORE Christmas (that was a first I think). The average consumer must have jumped on that sale, which explains why most Walmart Lego aisles look the way they do at the moment. I spoke to a couple of Walmart employees and they both said they had sold a lot of toys this year (especially LEGO).
I hadn't ventured into Walmart since before Black Friday, so I don't have a comparison of how stocked the shelves were prior to today, but none of the stores I visited had toys on sale, so the lack of a sale doesn't appear to be unique to LEGO stock.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:13 pm

2 Wal*Marts, no clearance items. Sad day.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:47 pm

I hit 3 Walmarts today also, and got nothing. :cry:
It was not only Lego, but there were no clearance toys at all. I have gotten lots of other great toys 50% off the past few years, not this year.

I did get a few sets at Target 50% off before a lady shopping with a smart phone cleared the self. :evil:

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Guess I'll put this here since there was no specific Day after Target thread...

Council of Elrond $18.18 (30% off 25.99)
Galaxy Squad Crater something $16.99
TMNT Polys $2.00

They also have signs up for 20% off Chima, TMNT, and Superheroes until 12/28 but their stock was pretty thin.
Nothing else at either of the two I checked. (I was hoping for a Black Gate or Malibu Mansion)

Slim pickings this year. I guess I should have bit on more of the awesome pre-holiday sales!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:04 pm

brickster90 wrote:2 Wal*Marts, no clearance items. Sad day.
For once in a long while, we can all say it is a sad day in North America instead of just Canada.