nintendo wiiu

The chit-chat fun that is not related to LEGO.
natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

nintendo wiiu

Post by natelite » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:16 am

Anyone going to get that? On another off topic note, anyone seen the nat geo documentary on lego? It's called megafactories - lego! I've taped it and will watch over the weekend.

P.S. First topic in new forum

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: nintendo wiiu

Post by lukeskywalker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:52 am

I saw it, and it looked cool. I want to see more of it before I get it.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:35 am

Interested, but afraid what the cost of the controllers will be.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:39 am

It does look really cool (even if the console itself looks like a smaller version of the X-Box 360) and I like the fact that it will be backwards-compatible with Wii games/accessories (though, apparently not GameCube games/accessories, as is the case with the Wii). The fact that they will be moving to a proprietary high-density optical cartridge format for new games is, at first glance, an odd choice when they could just use Blu-Ray - though I presume they don't want to pay a direct competitor (SONY) for the rights to the format, which in turn makes that decision make a lot more sense.

The "NEW Super Mario Bros. Mii" looks great - you can choose to play the game as your Mii instead of one of the usual characters (though they're still available).

"Bridging the gap" between hand-held and console gaming, with the controller's built-in screen, is a neat wrinkle.

All that said, I won't be jumping to buy one immediately. I don't have enough time to play the games I have for Wii (and GameCube, which I apparently have to beat before mothballing the Wii). Also, will there be some sort of data transfer from Wii to Wii U for Virtual Console games and WiiWare? If not, that would be a pretty major hurdle...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive