Your hobbies, other than LEGO

The chit-chat fun that is not related to LEGO.
wendymadden
I'm New !

Re: Your hobbies, other than LEGO

Post by wendymadden » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:10 am

Movie and sleeping

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:32 pm

I gave up Heroclix and got back into Legos. I like comic but mostly buy old issues out the $1 bin. Big Spidey fan would love to see the Stark Suit Spider-Man(Iron Spider)Minifigured. I love the Game of Throne novels, too. Maybe Lego should come out with a Mature line. I'd love a Lego Kings Landing or Winterfell!

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

My other spare time diversions include hybrids/hypermiling, cooking, stamp collecting, coin collecting, die cast cars, anime, manga, reading, sci-fiction(star wars), fresh water aquarium, rc helicopters, economics/game theory, medicine, AI- robotics, and computers. I also devote a few hours each year to charity too. The last dvd I saw was *Iron Sky.* The last online movie I saw was *Star Wreck*. The last novel I read was "Mardock Scramble." The last movie I saw at the theater was "Lincoln."

Frequency
I'm New !

Post by Frequency » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Masters of the Universe Classics, G1 Transformrers, and the Indianapolis Colts, just to name a few.

goblinjanusz
I'm New !

Post by goblinjanusz » Fri May 03, 2013 8:58 am

Cycling, iceskating, playing football and photography. A lot of sports, I like it :)

yeti79
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by yeti79 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 pm

I love to go fishing. I also read a lot

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Anything related to Art. I teach middle school art and am a single father of one so I have very little time to make art of mine own or build with LEGO. I love reading but have a difficult time finding good books. Some other interests are Dr. Who, History and study of other cultures, fairy tales (in general), The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Anything related to Neil Gaiman, Lord of the Rings, Legend of Zelda, Scooby Doo, Sherlock (BBC show), Hellboy, Film directors Wes Anderson, Tim Burton, Guillermo Del Toro, Hayao Miyazaki and Quentin Tarantino.

Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrcoolnup » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:19 am

I am into my Golden Retriever, cooking and cooking gadgets, and excessive viewing of BBC shows and other UK channels...love their programming!

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sketchman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:57 pm

costuming...DC Superheroes...Comics...WWE Wrestling

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:14 am

I do way too much other stuff besides LEGO:

Yugioh, Pokemon, MTG, Heroclix, Naruto, Weiss Schwarz, CFV, watch anime, chess, Go, Videogames (pokemon only). TOO MUCH GAMES! :lol:

I always return to LEGO, Yugioh, or Pokemon DS.

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:53 pm

I posted here but some reason didn't go through...

I play a bunch besides LEGO but I play LEGO way more than the rest: yugioh, Pokemon, naruto, Weiss schwarz, heroclix, card fight vanguard, watch anime, play chess, read books, play video games, watch tv, etc. TOO MUCH!
Building LEGOs, one piece at a time...

My Flickr

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:48 pm

I used to have a huge Star Wars collection, but I sold about 95% to raise money for my new college career. I'm 39 and after I lost my job ( 2 years ago) I decided that a new path was better that trying to get just another "job". So I needed the money and I had to make some sacrifices.

I keep only a few thing to remember the old days, basically the ones that I have an emotional attachment, since I bought them with my son on trips or were father's day gifts.
I loved Sideshow collectibles and have a few of their products as well (Star Wars, LOTR only)
Also grew up watching a cartoon called Mazinger Z or Tranzor Z (as it was called here in USA) and I have the metal figures of the main characters.
I have 2 Transformers MP Optimus and Soundwave.

When I was younger I used to play RPG's, read comics, and play miniature table top games (L5R and Rackham Confrontation) aahh memories...

I can sculpt in wood and stone and paint but not much time for that now.
I will get back to it when school is over.
Like to watch soccer.
I got into Lego because of my son; they help me relax when I'm in my "rest" time.

Jeky
I'm New !

Post by Jeky » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:50 am

gardening

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:18 pm

[quote="scandell"]I make Muppet Replicas...

I drive a 1959 VW Double Cab Truck...

I am a Character Face Rigger at Dreamworks Animation...[/quote]
Wow, was just reading this thread, thinking of things I do and this is one of them.... They're not perfect because I am self taught buy I've made small Roosevelt Franklin and mahna mahna and a life sized cookie monster. I probably would not have shared this specifically had I not read your post. :) I basically like to make stuff, so puppets are just one of many things, I also crochet and scrapbook, quilt and just like to tinker in general. Generally I get into making something by seeing it and thinking I could make that....

I also used to collect pez in college but probably did not have more than 20 my oldest being my no feet mickey, my favorite being my snoopy because of the way you could open him so easily so he was the most used and my most unusual being a truck. My son enjoys eating pez now, so I'm sure we'll have tons more as I've bought at least 3 since he was born and he's only 3.

I got into LEGO recently because I was planning on going to Legoland and was looking at their minifigure trading and decided to buy some used lots and found I really enjoy treasure hunting for interesting pieces and minifigures and organizing. I haven't actually built anything yet :)

My kids keep me busy so I have to work on my hobbies in the rare event that they nap at the same time, or late at night, luckily no one has been awakened by the sound of me rummaging through boxes of LEGO :)

Battle Droid Bricks
I'm New !

Post by Battle Droid Bricks » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Video gaming (NHL, FIFA, Star Wars games), music, Star Wars books, blogging etc.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:29 am

scandell wrote:I make Muppet Replicas...

I drive a 1959 VW Double Cab Truck...

I am a Character Face Rigger at Dreamworks Animation...
Wow! That's amazing! I gave up the dream of working for an animation company when I was in high school (mainly because of the prospect of moving away from my family).

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:31 am

grommom wrote:Wow, was just reading this thread, thinking of things I do and this is one of them.... They're not perfect because I am self taught buy I've made small Roosevelt Franklin and mahna mahna and a life sized cookie monster. I probably would not have shared this specifically had I not read your post. :) I basically like to make stuff, so puppets are just one of many things, I also crochet and scrapbook, quilt and just like to tinker in general. Generally I get into making something by seeing it and thinking I could make that....

I also used to collect pez in college but probably did not have more than 20 my oldest being my no feet mickey, my favorite being my snoopy because of the way you could open him so easily so he was the most used and my most unusual being a truck. My son enjoys eating pez now, so I'm sure we'll have tons more as I've bought at least 3 since he was born and he's only 3.

I got into LEGO recently because I was planning on going to Legoland and was looking at their minifigure trading and decided to buy some used lots and found I really enjoy treasure hunting for interesting pieces and minifigures and organizing. I haven't actually built anything yet :)

My kids keep me busy so I have to work on my hobbies in the rare event that they nap at the same time, or late at night, luckily no one has been awakened by the sound of me rummaging through boxes of LEGO :)
"life size cookie monster" Thats sounds like a must see!

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:27 pm

StClair wrote:
grommom wrote:Wow, was just reading this thread, thinking of things I do and this is one of them.... They're not perfect because I am self taught buy I've made small Roosevelt Franklin and mahna mahna and a life sized cookie monster. I probably would not have shared this specifically had I not read your post. :) I basically like to make stuff, so puppets are just one of many things, I also crochet and scrapbook, quilt and just like to tinker in general. Generally I get into making something by seeing it and thinking I could make that....

"life size cookie monster" Thats sounds like a must see!
Hopefully this link works for cookie monster https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/37387075@N04/20021289010/
:)

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Thanks! The mahna Mahna puppet is great too but the Cookie Monster is even better. My son and I started doing "plushies" with felt but then never finished because we never have time or forget when we do.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:57 am

StClair wrote:Thanks! The mahna Mahna puppet is great too but the Cookie Monster is even better. My son and I started doing "plushies" with felt but then never finished because we never have time or forget when we do.
Sounds like fun stuff...ha ha, see what I did there? :)