Fedex, UPS or USPS?

The chit-chat fun that is not related to LEGO.
gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Fedex, UPS or USPS?

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Which company have you gotten less damaged boxes? Fedex, UPS, or USPS? In here in California, I have had better experience with Fedex, but I don't know if it varies by state how they take care of your package...maybe I'm wrong. If you can put a poll I'll be very :D .

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: Fedex, UPS or USPS?

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:13 am

I'm going to go with UPS. Most of the items I have gotten from FedEx are through "Smart Post", which gets transferred to USPS and my postal carrier apparently hates us b/c he thinks it is acceptable to stuff my mail box so full that I can barely get it out or leaving it on my front steps in the rain with no plastic bag. :(

I've had better success w/ Fed Ex "home" or ground.

I have received a lot of packages from UPS and I can't really recall one instance where it was badly damaged. I don't count "damage" if the outer box is pristine but the inner items are damaged b/c to me that is an issue of the sender (not using enough bubble wrap, labeling it fragile etc.).

Don't get me started on DHL. I ordered a book for my daughters teacher (paperback but big and thin) from B&N and DHL folded it in half at one point. I had to return the book and have a new one sent to me b/c you could see the crease all the way across the book. :(

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:14 am

None of the websites I have purchased from shipped with these carriers. But has anyone had a bad experience with Canada Post or Purolator?

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:08 pm

I have no bad experiences with Canada Post (other than the strike) or Purolator. I had bad experiences with UPS where they left expensive packages sitting on my front porch while I was at work. :(

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:40 am

I think that they're all good. The major problems I've had is with the senders using inadequate packaging.