Happy Independence Day!

The chit-chat fun that is not related to LEGO.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Happy Independence Day!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm

To all the Americans out there, Happy Independence Day! Enjoy your statutory holiday and have fun building LEGO with your family or watching the fireworks!

Brief History

American Revolutionary War between the Kingdom of Great Britain and United States of America
Declartion of Independence on July 4, 1776
Separation of the 13 colonies: Northern Colonies (New England): New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont. Middle Colonies: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware. Southern Colonies: Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia (also including some states a little West to it)
This year marks the United States of America 236th birthday!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/happy-independence-day/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Happy Independence Day!

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks, Ice.

For those who havent read it, or maybe havent read it it a long time, here's the Preamble:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Happy Fourth.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks guys. Happy Independence Day to you as well! Wave your flag high and proud. :-D :up:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks, Ice!
Toys N Bricks wrote:Separation of the 13 colonies: now known as New England and consists of 6 States on the Eastern Coast
The original '13 colonies' actually comprise the bulk of America's Eastern shore from Maine (originally part of Massachusetts) all the way down to Georgia - basically the only modern state missing from the original 13 colonies on the coast is Florida. New England is the group term for the North-Eastern states including Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am

vynsane wrote:
Toys N Bricks wrote:Separation of the 13 colonies: now known as New England and consists of 6 States on the Eastern Coast
The original '13 colonies' actually comprise the bulk of America's Eastern shore from Maine (originally part of Massachusetts) all the way down to Georgia - basically the only modern state missing from the original 13 colonies on the coast is Florida. New England is the group term for the North-Eastern states including Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
Wow, thanks! I never knew that as I always thought it was only New England. Hope I got this right now! :)
Toys N Bricks wrote:Separation of the 13 colonies: Northern Colonies (New England): New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont. Middle Colonies: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware. Southern Colonies: Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia (also including some states a little West to it)

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:59 am

AMERICA. **** YA!
Seriously though, I love America. Happy July 4th! :-D

Apfly
I'm New !

Post by Apfly » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:28 am

Happy Fourth everyone!
Brickend.blogspot.com

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Happy Independence Day!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:21 pm

May the Fourth be with you! :mrgreen: I couldn't resist!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:06 am

Ice wrote:Wow, thanks! I never knew that as I always thought it was only New England. Hope I got this right now! :)
Not a problem - I don't know much about the intricacies of Canadian history, myself ;)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive