Lego Design Challenge

LEGO Contests that are hosted by the LEGO Group.
Post Reply
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 am

Lego Design Challenge

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:31 am

The Lego Groups Design challenge for this year is to build your own postage stamp. The deadline is September 30, so act now. The prizes include Winter Post Office and a spot in the November Lego magazine.



Link

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-design-challenge/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Lego Design Challenge

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Wow, I was really excited about this, and then I read that only people that live in the US can participate. :down:
Image

User avatar
Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Lego Design Challenge

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:33 pm

In the fine print it says that the approximate value of the winter post office is $50. Right now LEGOshop.com is showing that this set will be $69.99 . :mad: I may have to enter just to avoid paying for this overpriced set.

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Lego Design Challenge

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:40 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:In the fine print it says that the approximate value of the winter post office is $50. Right now LEGOshop.com is showing that this set will be $69.99 . :mad: I may have to enter just to avoid paying for this overpriced set.
This set and the rest of the other winter sets are really overpriced. I got the winter toy shop for 79.99. The piece count said 800+ but once you've built the set, it doesn't look like 800 pieces. Does anyone feel the same way? :problem:
Image

User avatar
sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Lego Design Challenge

Post by sadowsk1 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:05 am

Legobrandon wrote:
Brickbuilder0937 wrote:In the fine print it says that the approximate value of the winter post office is $50. Right now LEGOshop.com is showing that this set will be $69.99 . :mad: I may have to enter just to avoid paying for this overpriced set.
This set and the rest of the other winter sets are really overpriced. I got the winter toy shop for 79.99. The piece count said 800+ but once you've built the set, it doesn't look like 800 pieces. Does anyone feel the same way? :problem:
I feel that way about every set! Lol

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: Lego Design Challenge

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 am

sadowsk1 wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:
Brickbuilder0937 wrote:In the fine print it says that the approximate value of the winter post office is $50. Right now LEGOshop.com is showing that this set will be $69.99 . :mad: I may have to enter just to avoid paying for this overpriced set.
This set and the rest of the other winter sets are really overpriced. I got the winter toy shop for 79.99. The piece count said 800+ but once you've built the set, it doesn't look like 800 pieces. Does anyone feel the same way? :problem:
I feel that way about every set! Lol
I do on some sets.
However one I am sure I didn't feel that way about was the Tower Bridge.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Lego Design Challenge

Post by atmail35 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:41 pm

sadowsk1 wrote:
Legobrandon wrote: This set and the rest of the other winter sets are really overpriced. I got the winter toy shop for 79.99. The piece count said 800+ but once you've built the set, it doesn't look like 800 pieces. Does anyone feel the same way? :problem:
I feel that way about every set! Lol
I know what you mean, I swear the box art always looks deceiving and makes you think the set is bigger than it is. :roll: The only ones I fell actually live up to the box art (that I own and have built) are the modular buildings and some of the bigger ships (i.e. Brickbeard's Bounty).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest