Target Canada June clearance (YMMV?)

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
hightrek
Peasant
Peasant

Target Canada June clearance (YMMV?)

Post by hightrek » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:35 pm

I noticed some clearance (50% off) sets at Target on Danforth today (Toronto area). Mostly older Chima. I don't know if these prices are available at other Target stores.

Chima
* Gorzan's Gorilla Striker $29.99
* Worriz' Combat Lair $44.99
* Cragger’s Command Ship $49.99
* The Lion CHI Temple (marked clearance but no price tag)
* CHI figures $9.99
* Some speedorz were marked clearance too but I didn't look too closely

Others
* Ninjago Garmatron $24.99
* Superman Black Zero Escape (marked clearance but no stock on shelf)

They had some other toys on clearance as well.

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Target Canada June clearance (YMMV?)

Post by crom71 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Westdale Mall:
Chi Temple marked down to $74.99.
Black Zero Escape not marked down at this location.
The other sets, as listed by original poster, are available here.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:09 pm

The speedorz on clearance are all four of the new ones (bats and spiders etc.). Fastest time to discount ever I think - only 6 months. Eagle Interceptor is also clearance if your Target happens to have any left.

I was tempted by the Lion Temple but at $75 it still seems way too much. Gonna wait for it to hit 75% off.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Went to a few Target's and they were all empty except for some Garmatrons... One did have a few of the Chima $89.99 sets at $44.99.. and some speedorz, which will go down and down some more..

creativerain
Citizen
Citizen

Post by creativerain » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:19 am

Confirming that the BC Target stores have the Chima and Ninjago sets mentioned above on 50% off clearance as well. Hopefully no one buys them so they can get reduced further. I was lucky to snag the 70130 Sparratus’ Spider Stalker for only $8.99 because it was mistakenly stickered.

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:06 am

Some smaller Friends sets marked down 50%:

Emma's Horse Trailer $14.99
Mia's Lemonade Stand $6.49
Stephanie's Newborn Lamb $6.49
Andrea's Room $6.49
Olivia's Beach Buggy $8.49

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:27 am

Blacknight wrote:I was tempted by the Lion Temple but at $75 it still seems way too much. Gonna wait for it to hit 75% off.
creativerain wrote:Hopefully no one buys them so they can get reduced further.
Agree, that is the plan. The higher the precentage, the better for all of us rather you are a collector or reseller.

ninjabot4
I'm New !

Post by ninjabot4 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:12 am

In my experience with Target they are bad at marking things down, meaning the price may be marked down but there is nothing that shows it other than a scan of the product. I was able to pick up Lego Orc Forge sets for 15.00 each (75% off) because they had only been marked to 25 % off and no one had marked them further after that. I think that's why stuff gets reduced down to 75 and 90 percent because no one knows that it has gone down to even 50 percent off. I think that because Target hasn't done very well here in Canada that they cut back staff to a minimum and they don't have enough staff to keep on top of all the price markdowns.

I would recommend you use the self scanners at the ends of some isles to confirm any drop in price even if none is shown on the shelf.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:41 am

With only 3 Targets in the city of Toronto its not worth checking out, most of the time other people already beat you to it.

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legoeggo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

These sets aren't really worth it at 50% off unless you want the set or are getting them for parts.

As for Target's clearance they probably wouldn't have such a problem with their notorious empty shelves problem if they weren't so aggressive in marking down so many times in such a short time and loosing so much money. Good for us, but sad for them. A lot of people are going to cashier willing to pay the marked price. That being said, I'm more inclined now to go to Target and spend a few minutes browsing for deals around the store. Certainly far more lucrative than going to Walmart which has been abysmal for sales as of late and their long lines at the cash suck.

stan5345
I'm New !

Post by stan5345 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Went looking for the Lion Temple for my son, but the two locations I checked were not in stock. I noticed the following on clearance.

Burnaby Metrotown:
Command Ship x3

Surrey Central:
Gorzan Gorilla Striker x5
Worriz Combat Lair x2
Garmatron x3

How do you know when Lego goes on clearance, are you checking weekly? I don't have the time or patience to check that often.
I usually buy my sets online when they're 20% off. If I could find them for cheaper I'd be able to afford to buy more of the sets I want, instead of limiting my purchases.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:19 pm

ninjabot4 wrote:In my experience with Target they are bad at marking things down, meaning the price may be marked down but there is nothing that shows it other than a scan of the product. I was able to pick up Lego Orc Forge sets for 15.00 each (75% off) because they had only been marked to 25 % off and no one had marked them further after that. I think that's why stuff gets reduced down to 75 and 90 percent because no one knows that it has gone down to even 50 percent off. I think that because Target hasn't done very well here in Canada that they cut back staff to a minimum and they don't have enough staff to keep on top of all the price markdowns.

I would recommend you use the self scanners at the ends of some isles to confirm any drop in price even if none is shown on the shelf.

The Targets near me used to be like this... I remember going to one and there was literally 50 sets that were 50% + off.. lots of Super Heroes and Galaxy Squad... then during the last wave of Star Wars, someone cleared them all in one shot, and now they are even posting the liquidation signs...

joelones
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by joelones » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:32 am

Is this a nation-wide clearance as I went to my local target here in qc and did not spot any marked items. However, I did not think to scan the sets in this thread to verify.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Montreal area has been cleared out.. I had hoped to get 1 castle and a cragger ship, but nada... I've been to 5 Targets and all they had was the Worriz Combat Lair, and the Ninjago one.. All the big Chima sets were gone

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Orillia Ontario Target has no Lion Chi Temples. But they do have a few Garmatrons, Cragger's Command Ship, Worriz's Combat Lair and Friends Emma's Horse Trailer. Also the Creative Ambush, Ice Cream Machine and Metalbeard's duel appeared to be 20% off.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

supercal
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by supercal » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:06 pm

hatcher wrote:Orillia Ontario Target has no Lion Chi Temples. But they do have a few Garmatrons, Cragger's Command Ship, Worriz's Combat Lair and Friends Emma's Horse Trailer. Also the Creative Ambush, Ice Cream Machine and Metalbeard's duel appeared to be 20% off.

Was there just a few Horse Trailers? I was there this afternoon but didn't notice it. Unless it hadn't been marked clearance yet.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:38 am

There were about 8 horse trailers when I got there. I bought 2 of them. They were not marked in anyway, but scanned at $14.99.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Target in Surrey BC still had Gorzan's Gorilla Striker $29.99 x 5, Various CHI figures $9.99, Ninjago Garmatron $24.99 x 10 and some Friends sets. I scanned the 70130 Sparratus’ Spider Stalker set but it was full price.

There were no more Worriz Combat Lair or Olivia's Beach Buggy sets left.

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:42 am

I picked up 4 Battle at the Black Gate (79007) 50% off =$37.49 Left 3 on the shelf in Kingston. Also some Star Wars battle packs 75001 and 75000 at $7.99.

--
Marc.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:55 pm

fleury wrote:I picked up 4 Battle at the Black Gate (79007) 50% off =$37.49 Left 3 on the shelf in Kingston. Also some Star Wars battle packs 75001 and 75000 at $7.99.

--
Marc.

can anyone else confirm these are country wide?