Walmart.ca - 2014 Ninjago on clearance

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
styledshadow
Citizen
Citizen

Walmart.ca - 2014 Ninjago on clearance

Post by styledshadow » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:03 am

Walmart.ca just added several sets to its clearance from the 2014 Ninjago family.

They are:
70721 - Kai Fighter
70722 - Overborg Attack
70720 - Hover Hunter
70724 - NinjaCopter

At these prices, they'll go fast...

(I thought I had snagged a sweet price on the NinjaCopter at Wal-Mart in the US - $41... Damn. :crazy: )

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Walmart.ca - 2014 Ninjago on clearance

Post by payam81 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:42 am

That copter is a great deal. Very tempting.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 am

Want to get them just for the hair piece but,
70721 - Kai Fighter, best clearance price and the hair piece is only in two sets. Out of Stock.
70722 - Overborg Attack, thrid worst on this list, I rather wait for Nindroid Dragon to be on clearance to get the hair piece. If it was $10, maybe I will pick it up, since overlord is unique to this set.
70720 - Hover Hunter, worst set in the wave, maybe if it was for $5 or less"."
70724 - NinjaCopter, close second in terms of value, 47%, the figures are unique but the rest of the set is lacking.

Overall Walmart AGAIN remember what CLEARANCE means on two of these sets. But not enough to get me to jump on them, except maybe for Kai fighter, but that is all sold out. Thanks for the heads up.

legolego
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legolego » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 am

NinjaCopter is still available... but what makes this set valuable? I dont' watch the show, nor do my kids. And the copter looks, like you said, lacking. At $40 for 516 parts doesn't sound like a bargain to me... especially when some of those parts aren't that useful. Is the value in the figs? Or the unique pieces?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 pm

legolego wrote:NinjaCopter is still available... but what makes this set valuable? I dont' watch the show, nor do my kids. And the copter looks, like you said, lacking. At $40 for 516 parts doesn't sound like a bargain to me... especially when some of those parts aren't that useful. Is the value in the figs? Or the unique pieces?
The two main figure, white ninja and the robot girl is exclusive to the set, they can be had for about $7 a piece each on brick link. Not sure about the other pieces being unique or not. I suggest, get the set only if you are a Ninjago fan, else wait for it to drop more before getting it, I do see lots of inventory at various Walmarts. The best value is the Kai Fighter which sadly is out of stock now. By the way for those wondering, these prices are for online ONLY, not in stores.

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:40 pm

NinjaCopter is now out of stock. I must have just missed it.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Claybricks wrote:NinjaCopter is now out of stock. I must have just missed it.
Turns out all of them are out of stock online. Maybe they do not have that much stock at the warehouse to clear out. They can all still be found in stores, give it time and they will drop in price. For those that miss this, you did not miss much since the only set that was worth getting at this price was OOS early.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:03 pm

I nabbed the NinjaCopter. Not entirely sure I wanted it, but I've learned to order first, ask questions later. ;) Can always return it. $58 in stores at Costco wasn't enough to tempt me but $40 was.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:31 am

has everyone had their orders shipped? I made two separate orders, but the second hasn't shipped.. I'm worried that I'll get one of those, sorry we ran out of stock emails..

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:10 am

legome wrote:has everyone had their orders shipped? I made two separate orders, but the second hasn't shipped.. I'm worried that I'll get one of those, sorry we ran out of stock emails..
I placed my order in the morning before noon yesterday while it was still in stock, and now I got that email advising they have no stock of the Ninja Copter... doh!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:03 am

Why are everyone panicing other then the Kai Fighter? The Chopter will drop again. If this was say 75% off THEN I can see why everyone is so disappointed.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:20 am

I ordered the NinjaCopter at 8:03am Pacific yesterday and haven't received anything beyond the order received email so far.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:08 am

I placed my order yesterday morning around 11am and my wife says it came this morning.

DrRichie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DrRichie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:26 pm

Walmart packaging are pure crap these days. For a big set that I ordered recently, they didn't even have a box protecting it. They simply sent the set to canada post, where canada post just put a postal sticker on it. If I happened to live in an unsafe area, someone would probably grab it. Not to mention it took me a while to peel the postal sticker off, leaving a glue residue on the lego box and somehow damaged the box while peeling. For my previous orders, at least they tried to find a box (even though they weren't that bright and always used the wrong size of box with no packaging materials).

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:15 pm

LMAO:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/markh ... nFlag=true

Someone is trying to "Turbo Flip" :clap:

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:57 pm

DrRichie wrote:Walmart packaging are pure crap these days. For a big set that I ordered recently, they didn't even have a box protecting it. They simply sent the set to canada post, where canada post just put a postal sticker on it. If I happened to live in an unsafe area, someone would probably grab it. Not to mention it took me a while to peel the postal sticker off, leaving a glue residue on the lego box and somehow damaged the box while peeling. For my previous orders, at least they tried to find a box (even though they weren't that bright and always used the wrong size of box with no packaging materials).
Free shipping, cannot expect too much now and days.
payam81 wrote:LMAO:

Give a hold new interpretation to F.Y.I.!!!!

DrRichie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DrRichie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Well I guess, but chapters-indigo has excellent free shipping (and packaging).

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:21 pm

DrRichie wrote:
Well I guess, but chapters-indigo has excellent free shipping (and packaging).
Their packages come with so much free packing supplies. :lol:

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:22 pm

DrRichie wrote:Well I guess, but chapters-indigo has excellent free shipping (and packaging).
Meh. Chapters has good packing generally for books, but I've always received banged up Lego boxes from them in the mail. Their sets in the store always have box wear too.

In contrast, I usually get decent to excellent boxes from Walmart. My three ninjago kai fighters arrived this morning in terrific condition thanks to the excessive packaging they used (good sized boxes with lots of air bubble packaging). I got these for the red ninja minifigs since samurai are my favourite theme and these guys can be retrofitted for the 15th century.

You know who generally has the worst packaging nowdays of a major retailer? Amazon. They can't seem to deliver a softcover book without a tear, a hardcover book without a dinger corner, or a CD/DVD without a cracked spindle and the disc rattling around inside. I guess their Lego arrived okay the two times I ever ordered from them.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:13 am

dulait wrote:
payam81 wrote:LMAO:

Give a hold new interpretation to F.Y.I.!!!!
He also has a couple of crappy looking sofas and an even worse vacuum up along with the "Turbo Flip" Legos. In case anyone is interested in either to go along with their Ninjagos...

:-D

http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/12195208