LEGO Bricktober 2014 Sale - Week 4 ToysRUs

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Max Power
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Bricktober 2014 Sale - Week 4 ToysRUs

Post by Max Power » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:38 pm

mobilelinkage wrote:Now my question is:

The Rocket Raccoon in 5002145 is the exact same as the one giving out at San Diego Comic-Con?
Pretty sure it is.

If anyone gets a couple and is looking to trade one, shoot me a pm. I assume this will eventually make it to the states but wouldn't mind having a couple to use for future trades.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Picked up the Ghostbusters ($59.99) and one of those $15.99 Star Wars Battle Packs/small Super Heroes sets to bring it to $75.98. Went to the cashier after waiting 10 minutes in line and she told me its only $74.98 so she can't give me the mini building. She said she has to scan it and enter it in the system for the freebies. Went back to the shelves and the label is still $15.99 so I'm assuming they lowered the price, but didn't change the shelve labels.

Anyways, I switched the set and got a LEGO City Train Tracks set ($19.99) hoping that I satisfy their $75 restriction. I finally got to the same cashier after waiting for another 15 minutes (they had a line up of about 3 customers and 2 cashiers). She said I can't get the mini building freebie still because the train tracks is not a "Building Set".

I really didn't feel like putting up with a fuss so I just went and switched it to another "Building Set" according to her standards. Went to the line again only to hear their phone ringing and the cashier grabbing it right away while she is still helping the customer in front of her. There was still a lineup. The other cashier had some problems with the till.

I got so angry that I just went to their electronics area and ask if I can pay there. In total, I was at the store for over 30 minutes just waiting in line. Got the rocket and building in the end (the guy didn't even scan those), but I'm not impress at all.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Wow, that is quite the story. Sadly, I hear that kind of thing all the time. If you ever want to share the pain of others, go to TRU's facebook page. They get blasted multiple times a day from disgruntled customers over poor customer service, products not arriving or not being available.

At least you got the freebies. If I was you, I'd call the store and tell the manager to better train his/her employees. You obviously were dealing with a moron.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Max Power wrote:
mobilelinkage wrote:Now my question is:

The Rocket Raccoon in 5002145 is the exact same as the one giving out at San Diego Comic-Con?
Pretty sure it is.
I second that, it sure look like it is.

hatcher wrote:Wow, that is quite the story. Sadly, I hear that kind of thing all the time. If you ever want to share the pain of others, go to TRU's facebook page. They get blasted multiple times a day from disgruntled customers over poor customer service, products not arriving or not being available.

At least you got the freebies. If I was you, I'd call the store and tell the manager to better train his/her employees. You obviously were dealing with a moron.
Retails will be retails, there are good CSR and managers, then there are the idiots. But for minium wages, we should not expect much from them to begin with.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:14 pm

so so far this is ONLY canada right?

if anyone has the USA info, please post it!

mad thanks and congrats to anyone who got rocket in that maroon space suit. that is way cooler than the orange joint.

i hope i can get rocket if he comes to the usa

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:59 pm

I've had an equally mixed experience with TRU staff lately. They seem to be getting worse.

They must've had like 100 of the raccoon polybags out on the floor in my store, but they'd only allow you to take one as part of the promo. Couldn't buy individually.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 pm

This poly is so much cooler if you've seen the movie. Would definitely buy if I see one in the states even though I have none of the other GotG sets.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Spending more than $30, I grabbed one Raccoon from Richmond TRUs at lunch time. This store was busy that I had to stand at the line for 15 minutes while only 2 cashiers was working. I was avoiding to shop from TRUs due to their poor customer service; however, this polybag was too tempting.

I thought I will be empty hand at this bricktober event. What a surprise!

UnicornIRL
Peasant
Peasant

Post by UnicornIRL » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:09 am

So the only difference between this Rocket and the Knowhere Escape rocket is the suit colour, eh?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:36 am

UnicornIRL wrote:So the only difference between this Rocket and the Knowhere Escape rocket is the suit colour, eh?
I believe so. It is apparently identical to the one that come in the San Diego Comic Con set.

Although, this one also comes with a BABY GROOT!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:00 am

Anyone still able to get these today? The TRU by me (Metrotown - Burnaby, BC) ran out of them yesterday already!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:49 pm

darbee wrote:Anyone still able to get these today? The TRU by me (Metrotown - Burnaby, BC) ran out of them yesterday already!
You could try the wonderlab at N.Van marine drive. I picked up my second one after building the bat signal. They still have a bag full of the polybags behind the counter at 11:30am.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:15 pm

UnicornIRL wrote:So the only difference between this Rocket and the Knowhere Escape rocket is the suit colour, eh?
The design is different too.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 am

if anyone can post pics of the fig, i would love to see!
outside the package, i mean.

and if anyone has found this in the USA, please give us a heads up!

mdoupe
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mdoupe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:46 pm

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:11 pm

The fact that the stickers included in the polybag are intended to represent battle damage on the Milano is a ridiculously nerdy delight.

Hotspur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Hotspur » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:16 pm

If anyone gets A spare, I've got a 30164 Lex Luthor promo polybag from the Lego Batman 2 game that I'd be willing to trade for it. PM me if interested!

cyclonus
I'm New !

Post by cyclonus » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:28 am

Blacknight wrote:I've had an equally mixed experience with TRU staff lately. They seem to be getting worse.

They must've had like 100 of the raccoon polybags out on the floor in my store, but they'd only allow you to take one as part of the promo. Couldn't buy individually.

Hence the marking on the back of the packaging that states that they "are not to be sold" and doesn't scan into the system to be sold.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:46 am

hatcher wrote:The sign in my TRU said that you had to buy $30 to get the Rocket Racoon EXCLUDES FRIENDS.
TRU I went to did not have that additional signage ;-)

kevinzz
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kevinzz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:16 am

Just went to my local tru, and no more rocket raccoons :(