ToysRUs Canada LEGO Sale: October 31 to November 6

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

ToysRUs Canada LEGO Sale: October 31 to November 6

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Bricktober is now officially over as there's no week 5 this year. However,  Toys R Us Canada does have another ad for this week running from October 31 to November 6.

-Receive a $10 Star Wars Collectible Savings Card and Poster with purchase of any Star Wars Item ($10 Savings card redeemable from November 20-30 when you spend $50 or more on LEGO Star Wars products)

-FREE LEGO City Arctic Scout polybag when you spend $30 or more on any LEGO Building sets (excludes LEGO Friends & Princess)

-Save $10 on LEGO Star Wars 66512 Rebel Super Pack 2 in 1 $129.97 (reg.$139.99) - contains 75053 The Ghost and 75048 The Phantom

-10x more Air Miles when you spend $30 or more on any LEGO Hero Factory, Creator, Ninjago and Chima Building sets

This Saturday on November 1st starting at 11am, they will be having another building event where you can build a free mini LEGO Star Wars Ghost Ship. Excludes Cedarbrae Mall and Express stores.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/toysrus-canada-l ... ovember-6/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Re: ToysRUs Canada LEGO Sale: October 31 to November 6

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:21 am

Toys N Bricks wrote:Bricktober is now officially over...10x more Air Miles when you spend $30 or more on any LEGO Hero Factory, Creator, Ninjago and Chima Building sets
Good grief, was the Air Miles thing not just an excuse to not have sales during Bricktober? Are they really trying to make that the new equivalent to their usual 20% off sales? If that's the case, so long, Toys 'R' Us, and thanks for all the fish.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Worst. Bricktober. EVER!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

mobilelinkage
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mobilelinkage » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:40 pm

hatcher wrote:Worst. Bricktober. EVER!
Agree

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:44 am

mobilelinkage wrote:
Agree
Same here.

mcpheea
I'm New !

Post by mcpheea » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:02 am

kidding right? this year was great... the rocket raccoon free with $30, selling for $40+ on ebay sameday (ie: FREE Lego), the Lone Ranger mine set for 75% off, granted the mini buildings were a big snooze but selling for $115 for a set of four did kinda bring down the price on non-sale sets to msrp.

kiiaal
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kiiaal » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:53 am

mcpheea wrote:kidding right? this year was great... the rocket raccoon free with $30, selling for $40+ on ebay sameday (ie: FREE Lego), the Lone Ranger mine set for 75% off, granted the mini buildings were a big snooze but selling for $115 for a set of four did kinda bring down the price on non-sale sets to msrp.
Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout scanned $60 at my local stores last Friday. Only 33% off.

When did you buy them?

mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mrbean » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:05 am

The silver mine set is awesome, I would've definitey grabbed another one at 75% off. Where/when did you find that?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:44 pm

mcpheea wrote:
kidding right? this year was great... the rocket raccoon free with $30, selling for $40+ on ebay sameday (ie: FREE Lego), the Lone Ranger mine set for 75% off, granted the mini buildings were a big snooze but selling for $115 for a set of four did kinda bring down the price on non-sale sets to msrp.
No, I am not kidding. The giveaways were fine for what they were, its the sales. They literally only had 2 sales. 50% off Galaxy squad and 20% off Monster Fighters. Both out of productions lines that every other chain in Canada cleared out over a year ago. Sure, 50% off is a good sale, but I got all the Galaxy squad I could handle a year ago when Target burned them out for 75% off AND a BOGO. The Silver Mines Shootout (another line that was cleared out of every other store in Canada a year ago) was not at 75% at my store the last time I checked (2 days ago) so that must be a local thing. If it goes 75% off here I'll buy it but that's not the point.

Bricktober used to be great. CURRENT sets on sale for 50% off, entire lines on sale EACH WEEK. This year had 2 sales. TWO. On lines that were either retired years ago. I only bought minifigures to get the rocket racoon. Nothing else was good enough to lure me in. Bonus air miles are not a sale, they are a joke.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:17 pm

I don't consider the sale of Silver Mine set was part of this event. It has never been advertised and It was not on sale at my local TRUs either. The mini set did not come with any exclusive minifig; I wonder if it can retain any value. IMO, $115 for these sets was overpriced. If I have $115, I rather spend it on 70165 Ultra Agents Mission HQ or another Benny's spaceship for investment (plus earning double VIP from shopping at Lego store with exclusive christmas set).

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:53 am

picked up the ghost and phantom set at markville mall in markham. not sure how many were on the shelf but got the last one so don't bother going there to buy this. The box was larger than I thought, double the thickness to accommodate the smaller set instead of putting it beside like they did in other superpacks

$10 card works online but the catch is you cannot spend on star war sets instore or online greater $229. this is consistent with their policy of no discount on large exclusive sets.

CLMF Bricks
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CLMF Bricks » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:05 am

I got two of the mini Ghost builds yesterday. Did anyone else get theirs?

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:36 am

CLMF Bricks wrote:I got two of the mini Ghost builds yesterday. Did anyone else get theirs?
Yep. I really like how my local store is doing them now-kids only and the employees physically hold onto the last piece.

mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mrbean » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:39 am

I did our first TRU build with my son, making the bat signal. While we were in line I noticed an older kid grab some extra pieces and put them in his pocket. I called him on it, told him the other kids would be disappointed when they came up and pieces were missing. I think if TRU pre bagged the pieces the experience would be way better. I imagine there are lots of missing pieces by the time the last people in line get to build their sets. It reminds me of Halloween, when a neighbour left out a bag of candy with a note saying "please take one".

EdgarDoiron
I'm New !

Post by EdgarDoiron » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:33 am

Collecting the pieces is what my son(5) and daughter(3) loves the most out of these events.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:40 am

Coming week again no LEGO deals, same old Air Miles crap, is this going to be the LEGO deal every week now? Hell i would even prefer their 20% off deals, this is getting ridiculous.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:19 pm

I'd rather buy from S@H... much better customer service :). Plus you get freebies if you time your order(s) right... can't beat that!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com