FutureShop.ca Sale December 14 Only - Links provided

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
ChrisWilcox82
I'm New !

FutureShop.ca Sale December 14 Only - Links provided

Post by ChrisWilcox82 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:06 am

Future Shop has included a bit of Lego in their Web-Only sale today, although from what I can see only 2 sets are discounted by any significant amount. These items are both in stock as of 7:00am Pacific time, and this sale ends today.

LEGO Star Wars Duel on Geonosis (75017) - $29.99 - save $20.00
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 5d219aen02

LEGO Super Heroes Superman Battle of Smallville (76003) - $35.99 - save $24.00
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 26b44ben02

ChrisWilcox82
I'm New !

Re: FutureShop.ca Sale December 14 Only - Links provided

Post by ChrisWilcox82 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:07 am

Just spotted the same 2 sets on BestBuy.ca in stock online for the exact same prices, but their sale extends to December 18.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/leg ... 42a732en02
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/leg ... eb4b0cen02

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Thanks! Amazon also has the Battle of Smallville for the same price.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:03 pm

brickity wrote:Thanks! Amazon also has the Battle of Smallville for the same price.
Thanks, ordered from Amazon.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 am

My local Wal*Mart was clearing these out at $10 each last week :)

mobilelinkage
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mobilelinkage » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:11 pm

winbrant wrote:My local Wal*Mart was clearing these out at $10 each last week :)
Which location?

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:37 pm

winbrant wrote:My local Wal*Mart was clearing these out at $10 each last week :)
I'm assuming you're talking about the Geonosis set? My WM went down to $15 but of course I could never get it at that price as usually once they hit that price there is only a few left at most and they will be gone in a jiffy.

Most interesting is if you check on local availability, it shows it went down to, hang on to something, $2!!!! @ Scarborough Town Center!

That WM is like a black hole for some LEGO sets but it's way too inconvenient for me to visit other than on occasions….

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:39 pm

mobilelinkage wrote:
Which location?
This was the Battle of Smallville set and this was at the Airdrie Wal*Mart. Went back Saturday night and they were all gone.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:24 pm

payam81 wrote:
I'm assuming you're talking about the Geonosis set? My WM went down to $15 but of course I could never get it at that price as usually once they hit that price there is only a few left at most and they will be gone in a jiffy.

Most interesting is if you check on local availability, it shows it went down to, hang on to something, $2!!!! @ Scarborough Town Center!

That WM is like a black hole for some LEGO sets but it's way too inconvenient for me to visit other than on occasions….
Saw that one too, must have been a mistake though since charging 2 dollars for a Lego set makes no sense, but at least some lucky people got a good deal there.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:37 am

massakassa wrote:
payam81 wrote:

Saw that one too, must have been a mistake though since charging 2 dollars for a Lego set makes no sense, but at least some lucky people got a good deal there.
They are mostly placeholders price. Most are oos. I have seen $100 sets priced at $10-20 before, but good luck finding stocks. For all we know, they could be gutted returns, badly damaged stocks lying somewhere in the back of a walmart awaiting for credits from LEGO.