Series 13 CMFS at Walmart $3.86

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Series 13 CMFS at Walmart $3.86

Post by winbrant » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Airdrie Wal*Mart has them now. 12 open boxes and 2 loose boxes worth in a wire bin in front of the cashiers' tills.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:32 pm

I wonder if that's where they usually keep them? I have never been able to find any of the CMF at Airdrie Wal-Mart. I kinda want to add another Egyptian soldier to my collection, 3 doesn't seem right, has to be an even number.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:53 am

Went to the North Burlington Walmart yesterday - found only one EMPTY box on the shelf... :-(
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:03 am

Georgetown store is down to 2 cases of them, but they've been picked through pretty good.

No hot dog, unicorns, or evil wizards left for sure.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:56 am

Shijima wrote:I wonder if that's where they usually keep them? I have never been able to find any of the CMF at Airdrie Wal-Mart. I kinda want to add another Egyptian soldier to my collection, 3 doesn't seem right, has to be an even number.
No. It varies. Series 12 and Simpsons was on an endcap by the LEGO section...though they did put Series 12 in a bin when half of the stock was gone through. Movie Series was on a shelf as was Series 11. It varies per store. Airdrie Wal*Mart has LEGO in about a dozen places.

New thing is removing the box tops now...probably because sealed boxes were being scanned in at $3.86...barcode on box being the same as that on the package.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:56 pm

winbrant wrote:
Shijima wrote:I wonder if that's where they usually keep them? I have never been able to find any of the CMF at Airdrie Wal-Mart. I kinda want to add another Egyptian soldier to my collection, 3 doesn't seem right, has to be an even number.
No. It varies. Series 12 and Simpsons was on an endcap by the LEGO section...though they did put Series 12 in a bin when half of the stock was gone through. Movie Series was on a shelf as was Series 11. It varies per store. Airdrie Wal*Mart has LEGO in about a dozen places.
Yes, it varies, they have to follow stupid planogram set ups. With mini-figures being somewhat of a seasonal thing, that is why they can end up anywhere in the toy department.

ILoveLegotrain
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ILoveLegotrain » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:54 pm

wow went to my local TRU and staff told me that its not even in stock yet... very surprise

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:21 pm

They probably have them, but finding decent/knowledgeable staff at TRU can be tough. Plus at my local TRU, they have tons of series 12 still, boxes and boxes, it could be they are trying to unload that first.

ILoveLegotrain
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ILoveLegotrain » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:23 pm

Shijima wrote:They probably have them, but finding decent/knowledgeable staff at TRU can be tough. Plus at my local TRU, they have tons of series 12 still, boxes and boxes, it could be they are trying to unload that first.
Well the staff that I talked to, work there for awhile as I remember him.
He also noted right away what I'm talking about so I assume he knows what he was talking.
Anyway I can wait bit longer not a big deal. :lol:

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:16 pm

Shijima wrote:They probably have them, but finding decent/knowledgeable staff at TRU can be tough.
Like all retailers, some CSR are clueless, they are put there because they are more organize than others, and the department needs a house cleanning. Be patient, since we get what they paid for, mostly people working at minium wage for life. But do not feel bad for them since most of them do get first dip on limited editions\clearance stuffs.

ILoveLegotrain
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ILoveLegotrain » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:13 pm

So I guess still no signs of the CMF anywhere in GTA?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:21 am

ILoveLegotrain wrote:So I guess still no signs of the CMF anywhere in GTA?
Most Walmarts should have them out already, unless they have been picked clean.

ILoveLegotrain
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ILoveLegotrain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:09 pm

dulait wrote:
maybe my WM has been picked clean then as I don't even see any sign of the box yet...

Kasmca
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kasmca » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Got all 16 on Jan 2 at the Lego Store in Sherway (Mississauga). Works out to be a better deal as VIP points essentially give a 5% discount or $3.79 each.
Last edited by Kasmca on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:06 pm

ILoveLegotrain wrote:
dulait wrote:
maybe my WM has been picked clean then as I don't even see any sign of the box yet...
Have you walk throught the whole toy department? Sometimes they put them on a totally non-lego related section. And sometimes they have those end displays where they just stash them there. Depends on the store really. Or maybe your area is horrible when it comes to scrappers.

oakvillelego
I'm New !

Post by oakvillelego » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:21 pm

I found 14 0f 16 at the Walmart in Oakville on Trafalgar rd. Only missing construction guy and samurai girl.
I went back today and they were all gone except for a few I found on a shelve nowhere near the Lego isle.
It seems only Walmart is carrying them right now?

ILoveLegotrain
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ILoveLegotrain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:44 pm

ok I did search in just lego isle but where else would they put in then?
I did walk around my store afterward and notice no boxes whatsoever...
is it really this popular?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Finally found them at a Walmart in Richmond Ky :)

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:22 pm

ILoveLegotrain wrote:ok I did search in just lego isle but where else would they put in then?
I did walk around my store afterward and notice no boxes whatsoever...
is it really this popular?
They can be REALLY popular. When a new series hits the shelves they often disappear quickly. After they've been around for a few weeks they hang around a little longer and are easier to find.

Just found them today in a hanging display in the LEGO aisle at my local Walmart. Different stores will of course stock them differently.

The walmarts in my area usually just open the box (remove the top) and leave them on a shelf in the LEGO aisle (with LEGO sets) or they use the hanging displays (that I suppose LEGO ships with them). The problem with the hanging displays is that they could be almost anywhere in the toy section at my Walmart. I've found them in several different aisles in the past. You could also check near the bins that contain "cheap" toys or toys that I think of as stocking stuffers or bday grab bag toys. I've never seen them there but I could see them putting them there if they don't have a spot.

I'm guessing that being right after Christmas is making it harder to find them. Many stores sold out of many items and are now trying to clear out more inventory before rearranging shelves with new items. I'm guessing that some stores may keep items longer in storage than normal until new arrangements are set up or because things are being moved around many items won't have a "home" meaning things could be nearly anywhere.

At Meijers I almost always find them on a particular endcap that has various blind bags and such by different companies. I've only found them once in a box with the top removed in the LEGO aisle at Meijers.

I've always had a lot of luck with a particular Walgreens in the town that I work BUT not with series 13. I checked yesterday and they had lots of Simpsons bags still.

I have never found them at the registers or near the book department at the Wal-marts in my area BUT others may have? Good luck.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:01 am

I've found them in the Friends section a time or two as well.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?