Walmart.ca Clearance

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
legoda7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Walmart.ca Clearance

Post by legoda7 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:42 pm

that's alright. got the checkout spinning wheel going. gonna leave it be for tonight. might try pm-ing tomorrow at the store, though:)
btw, what's your favourite set between the Star Destroyer and the AT-AT? (trying to decide; i got a 5 year-old that would love to assist me for one of them:)

dqfritzke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by dqfritzke » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:09 am

Too bad the links don't show any pricing :(
How did you find those links in the first place? A search for the set #'s does not work.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:01 am

dqfritzke wrote:Too bad the links don't show any pricing :(
How did you find those links in the first place? A search for the set #'s does not work.
If you have ordered them in the past, and you go through your email confirmation, it would bring you to that link.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:07 pm

legoda7 wrote:that's alright. got the checkout spinning wheel going. gonna leave it be for tonight. might try pm-ing tomorrow at the store, though:)
btw, what's your favourite set between the Star Destroyer and the AT-AT? (trying to decide; i got a 5 year-old that would love to assist me for one of them:)
I love the look of the Star Destroyer, but I think the AT-AT is a better set. A lot of people complained that it was too small but as someone who always wanted an AT-AT toy as a kid in the 80s this is perfect,

CraigV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CraigV » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:25 pm

BOOOO!!! Walmart.ca has dropped free shipping on any order. They'll now charge you $5 for any order under $50.

Amazon.ca > Walmart.ca

AbuTaleb
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by AbuTaleb » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:24 pm

With Target out. They can do whatever they want.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:26 am

Target had no website presence in Canada so I fail to see your logic.

legoda7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legoda7 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:13 am

home shopping convenience instead of going out to Target.

AbuTaleb
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by AbuTaleb » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Congruence wrote:Target had no website presence in Canada so I fail to see your logic.
So, why when Target closed almost all his stores Walmart canceled the free shipping??

Walmart was smart. They worked out few things (like the free shipping and the website) to be always ahead of Target.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:48 am

They likely cancelled free shipping to home on all orders as it was stunned. Thri main inline completion is Amazon so the $50 is still a stupid amount if you ask me, should have been $20-$25.

You can still get free shipping on any $ if you send it to a Canada post location or one of their lock box things here in the GTA.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:26 am

Agreed - it should be in the ballpark $20-25 for free shipping. Also of note is that many items on the Walmart Website have a markup compared to their in-store pricing (i.e. sugar, etc.). Amazon matches walmart.ca so... they will lose some business.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Gray2010
I'm New !

Post by Gray2010 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:33 pm

I was able to price match Benny spaceship from wal mart's website to their stock item for $59 and I found the mos eisley cantina for $50.

John

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:41 am

Gray2010 wrote:I was able to price match Benny spaceship from wal mart's website to their stock item for $59 and I found the mos eisley cantina for $50.

John
Nice job! I was lucky to do the same the spaceship before they implemented the "absolutely no matching to our website" rule. Well done!

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:04 pm

PalaceBrother wrote:Nice job! I was lucky to do the same the spaceship before they implemented the "absolutely no matching to our website" rule. Well done!
Hey cool I also managed to fool some kid into giving me candy the other day even though I knew their parents told them not to give me any. Nice job! Well done!

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:44 am

Blacknight wrote:
PalaceBrother wrote:Nice job! I was lucky to do the same the spaceship before they implemented the "absolutely no matching to our website" rule. Well done!
Hey cool I also managed to fool some kid into giving me candy the other day even though I knew their parents told them not to give me any. Nice job! Well done!
Exactly the same moral, legal and psychological issues. Right on! :what?:

Gilbort
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gilbort » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:59 am

I disagree 100%. The example provided by Blacknight is not comparable to the original statement because he has skewed the scenario by contextualizing it to involve a seemingly innocent child who is being taken advantage of. Based on Blacknight's "logic"', I could easily reframe his own statement as follows:

Hey cool I also managed to fool a criminal into giving me money the other day even though I knew that his crime boss told him not to give me any. Nice job! Well done!

In this scenario, it seems as though the individual making the statement should be commended for his actions because the others involved have been contextualized as criminals.

My first point is that each individual's own perception will dictate whether a department store is an innocent child or a criminal. My second point is that the two statements are not comparable; they do not involve the same moral, legal or psychological issues. Wrong on! :wave:

End scene. :clap:

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 am

Of course I find Blacknight's logic is "Wrong on!". My reply to his post was meant to be ironic (take a look at the Smily I used).

Gilbort
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gilbort » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:14 am

Well then, good sir, you may call me an idiot. :cool: :clap:

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Regardless of whether Blacknight's comment to me was intended to be taken negatively, I'm not offended and I'm glad we can laugh about it.

We're all posting on a forum about getting deals on a child's toys, it's all good!

scotth510
Peasant
Peasant

Post by scotth510 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:20 pm

I price matched Bennys spaceship and an AT AT at my local walmart by showing them the website. There was no issues at all. The lady in the toy section was happy to see them go. I don't understand why the prices are different. I noticed that the cantina is $50 in store and $90 on their website. I guess it goes both ways.