Target liquidation

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
dqfritzke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Target liquidation

Post by dqfritzke » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:42 am

Anyone heard when the next markdown will be? Wondering if they will be doing it weekly or not. I suppose it depends on when stores close vs how much stock is remaining?

jamessergon
I'm New !

Post by jamessergon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:44 am

hatcher wrote:I am not surprised that people are jumping all over 20% off. LEGO has not not been put on sale a whole lot recently. With the well documented Lego shortage and Lego's soaring popularity in the wake of the LEGO movie, LEGO deals have been few and far between. Everything 20% off plus the red card discount must seem like heaven for parents. I have not bought anything yet. And may not if the flow continues before the discount goes up.
Well, again, as I said, there is nothing really wrong to buy a Lego @ 20% off + Red Card: it's always better than paying the full price when you need to buy a Lego for your child, or if it is a Lego you are missing for your collection, or if it is becoming discontinued. What makes me out of my mind are ressellers who leaves the toys section with all (like 4-5-6-7) copies of all the popular or theme (Guardians of the Galaxie, DC Comics, Artics,...) and let nothing for the others, and then next thing you know they are trying to sell them on eBay/Kijiji or Facebook groups @ higher prices.

Stragus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Stragus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 am

jamessergon wrote:What makes me out of my mind are ressellers who leaves the toys section with all (like 4-5-6-7) copies of all the popular or theme (Guardians of the Galaxie, DC Comics, Artics,...) and let nothing for the others, and then next thing you know they are trying to sell them on eBay/Kijiji or Facebook groups @ higher prices.
Not everyone wants to spend a hour going to a Target and waiting in queue, where they just *might* find something. There's value added when a product is moved from a high supply area to a high demand one. Obviously, things would be very different if Target had a functional website to order online...

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:54 pm

So did they increase the discounts today?

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:07 pm

legome wrote:So did they increase the discounts today?
they did not.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:34 am

Lucked out with a Mission to Knowhere set for $28 and the Sentinel for $33..

mobilelinkage
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mobilelinkage » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:47 pm

legome wrote:Lucked out with a Mission to Knowhere set for $28 and the Sentinel for $33..
Mind to tell which Target store is having them on said price?

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:55 pm

mobilelinkage wrote:
legome wrote:Lucked out with a Mission to Knowhere set for $28 and the Sentinel for $33..
Mind to tell which Target store is having them on said price?
Place Versailles in Montreal.. it was originally 30% off - 20% off.. none left.. almost no lego left at all actually

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:23 am

The Sentinel is still only 20% off in Surrey BC, and so is all the other Lego sets.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Anywhere in the GTA where the selection is still good? I've been thinking of getting the construct-o-mech for a little now. Should have got it when it was on clearance for 30% off during regular clearance prior to the liquidation.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:12 pm

FYI, the clearance on Toys is up to 40%. However, the LEGO was practically gone a long time ago. I was in the Barrie, Ontario Target today, and literally all that's left is the Hurricane Heist (Ultra Agents) set. There must be like 20 of that set. There were a few other stragglers, one of this, one of that, but its basically gone. I was in there on Wednesday, and there was a lot of stuff left, but since they upped the discount, its gone. They have been getting some stuff in, since I found a Heartlake Shopping Mall on Wed for 30% off that was not there the week previous, so keep checking. Good luck.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

CraigV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CraigV » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Toronadian wrote:Anywhere in the GTA where the selection is still good? I've been thinking of getting the construct-o-mech for a little now. Should have got it when it was on clearance for 30% off during regular clearance prior to the liquidation.
Nothing I've seen as of yet. I was in the Newmarket store last week. They had some stuff still at 30% off but was very slim. Found one (1) minifigure though. Feel like a bit like a vegetarian vulture at this point. Some bones to pick at but nothing of interest to me.

enovo
I'm New !

Post by enovo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Saw at least few boxes of Series 13 minifigure in the Surrey store with 40% off today. I was tempted to pick up one box at one moment even I already completed the whole series but i just give up for other players.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:31 pm

I don't think a single Lego set other than maybe a couple Friends sets were to be seen today at the Hillcrest Mall in Richmond Hill location.

hightrek
Peasant
Peasant

Post by hightrek » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:43 pm

I saw 3 TNMT sets and 2 Ninjago at Danforth today. I left them all. Good luck in your search. The toy aisles are a mess.

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:48 pm

enovo wrote:Saw at least few boxes of Series 13 minifigure in the Surrey store with 40% off today. I was tempted to pick up one box at one moment even I already completed the whole series but i just give up for other players.
The only other Lego was 10+ sets of Chima Cragger's Fire Striker and 1 Ultra Agents Mission HQ.

malteselegacy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by malteselegacy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:11 am

Target Shoppers World Brampton has a bunch of the Droid Tri-Fighter and Utapau Trooper sets available.
They also have a Ninjago set available. Thats about it. 40% off.

dqfritzke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by dqfritzke » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:14 am

Any chances on another markdown this week to 50%?

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:06 am

I am not sure if further markdowns are helping any for LEGO as pretty much all of it (incl. Chima sets) is gone at this point...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:04 am

Barrie store (as of Wednesday night) had 2 copies of Hurricane Heist left and NOTHING else. Lego is gone. They say they might get more as "Shipments are arriving every day" but don't hold your breathe. I'll miss ya Target. Never bought anything there except LEGO and the occasional shirt.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?