Target liquidation

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
legopeople
I'm New !

Target liquidation

Post by legopeople » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Hey fellow Canadians,

As you may know, today marks the start of Target Canada's liquidation sale. While Lego is only 20% off and the choice is very limited by this point, I walked in late this morning and saw a dozen pristine series 13 minifigure boxes at my Target (Hazeldean location, Ottawa) at $3.20/minifig!

edit: BTW, even though officially Red card isn't supposed to work anymore, I used mine today and additional 5% off!!
Last edited by legopeople on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rogue5
I'm New !

Re: Target liquidation

Post by rogue5 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Just came back from my target.
Got the AT-AT,the Mos Eisley Cantina and Jedi interceptor for 25%off (20% + 5% red card) not a bad deal

hightrek
Peasant
Peasant

Post by hightrek » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Redcard will be honoured throughout the liquidation:

http://pressroom.target.ca/news/questions-answers

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legoeggo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:59 pm

not bad, but the line ups in some places for cash right now is over an hour. A lot of people just can't resist the measly 10% off on just about everything in the store. Only a few things are 20-30% off.

Best to go in the early mornings or maybe late evening, it's just such a gong show. The 20 + 5% is going to be the best deal for a long time after Target is gone as neither Walmart nor Toysrus are doing good sales anymore.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:31 pm

I stopped by my local shop as well. Every large set outside of the Chima Mammoth & Fire Eagle ones were cleared out. Mind you the stock was fairly low to begin with but I wasn't going to line up 50 people deep for 20% off any of what they still had in stock.

Glad to see posts in the Canada area again-it's been over a week!

CLMF Bricks
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CLMF Bricks » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:02 am

I went on Monday and even without clearance almost every set was gone. :(

Airomir
I'm New !

Post by Airomir » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:06 pm

I was a little disappointed with the 20% off considering the week before I got a bunch of lego at my Target location for 40 to 60 percent off. Toys r us Canada are also running a 20% off select lego which started today.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:22 am

I managed to find a couple of ok deals.. Lord Business $50, and Ninjago Nindroid Dragon for $44.. not the best, but I know it would be sold out.. lots of friends polybags were $1.40 or so as well which was a great deal..

firebat11
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by firebat11 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Went to my local Target the day of the liquidation. Almost all lego was already gone...and for 20% I can wait.

legopeople
I'm New !

Post by legopeople » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Billings Bridge Ottawa Target has no more Lego except for several boxes of series 13 mini figures, including a few sealed ones.

CraigV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CraigV » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Similar experience to others. Was killing time while waiting for my daughter so I stepped into a Target. They maybe had 20ft of toy shelves in the whole store. 90% of which was Barbie or other dolls like that. I think they are largely a write-off when it comes to any good liquidation deals for Lego. A few people may get lucky if there is anything left on the shelf when they lower prices further, but it could be cleared out by then depending on how long they wait it out.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:03 pm

All the hype around the bankruptcy gives them lots of free advertisement and foot traffic... very much reminds me of Zellers...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

jamessergon
I'm New !

Post by jamessergon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:47 am

Well. People/resellers are to blame a bit for this. I saw resellers take / took a whole row of the same Lego @ 20% off when i went there thursday morning first hour, or when they were 30% off the week after they announced they would close the stores (a guy left with all the Guardian of the Galaxies models, like 3-4 rows of as many GotG sets, for example). I mean, i can understand if you buy one at 20%, or maybe two at 30% (+5% if you have the card), especially since you rarely find that in Wal-Mart or ToysRUs, but really? Can you freaking give a chance to Lego lovers to at least get a set instead of artificially create a rarity and try to screw them over? Lego community is really getting poisoned by people who doesn't care about Lego other than $$$ they can get from the passionates, and it really starting to ---- me off.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:55 pm

jamessergon wrote:Well. People/resellers are to blame a bit for this. I saw resellers take / took a whole row of the same Lego @ 20% off when i went there thursday morning first hour, or when they were 30% off the week after they announced they would close the stores (a guy left with all the Guardian of the Galaxies models, like 3-4 rows of as many GotG sets, for example). I mean, i can understand if you buy one at 20%, or maybe two at 30% (+5% if you have the card), especially since you rarely find that in Wal-Mart or ToysRUs, but really? Can you freaking give a chance to Lego lovers to at least get a set instead of artificially create a rarity and try to screw them over? Lego community is really getting poisoned by people who doesn't care about Lego other than $$$ they can get from the passionates, and it really starting to ---- me off.
Mastermind Toys has an annual warehouse sale that includes LEGO items. I went a few years ago and was probably 75th in line before the doors opened. Everybody went straight for the LEGO aisle. People were literally sweeping armloads of sets into their carts without even looking.

At one point a woman was trapped in between 6 carts. She was in tears, begging people to move so she could get out. Nobody moved.

Scum.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Went to my local Target. There were a couple of Ninjago and Chima sets left. Everything else is gone.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Barrie Target is getting close to empty in terms of LEGO. Lots of other stuff, but LEGO is going fast. However, must have been like 10 relatively new boxes of Series 13 figures if you are still looking for them.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:43 pm

hatcher wrote:Barrie Target is getting close to empty in terms of LEGO. Lots of other stuff, but LEGO is going fast. However, must have been like 10 relatively new boxes of Series 13 figures if you are still looking for them.
Did they just recently put them out? I didn't see any at the two targets I went to last week, but I'm wondering if they were in the back and are now being put out?

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:56 am

Yes, the CMF's were not there on the day before the clearance sales began, so these are recent.

creativerain
Citizen
Citizen

Post by creativerain » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Was in a BC Target today and saw a lot of the newer sets like the SW Hail Fire Droid set placed onto the shelves. All of the older ones seem to be picked over already, shocking since it was only 20% off!

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:19 am

I am not surprised that people are jumping all over 20% off. LEGO has not not been put on sale a whole lot recently. With the well documented Lego shortage and Lego's soaring popularity in the wake of the LEGO movie, LEGO deals have been few and far between. Everything 20% off plus the red card discount must seem like heaven for parents. I have not bought anything yet. And may not if the flow continues before the discount goes up.