Does TRU do discounts on Lego Minecraft sets

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
AbuTaleb
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Does TRU do discounts on Lego Minecraft sets

Post by AbuTaleb » Sat May 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Does Toys R Us make %20 off discounts on Lego Minecraft sets?

I want to buy Lego Minecraft sets. However, I'm waiting to see if they get discounted at TRU. It seems TRU never discounted them.

Any idea? does anybody remember if TRU do discount on them?

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Re: Does TRU do discounts on Lego Minecraft sets

Post by Nepenthe7 » Sun May 31, 2015 3:46 am

I've gotten toysrus coupons in the mail recently and they haven't excluded Lego. The last one was 20% off an item, but you have to keep in mind that their prices are usually above MSRP.

AbuTaleb
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by AbuTaleb » Sun May 31, 2015 11:10 am

Nepenthe7 wrote:I've gotten toysrus coupons in the mail recently and they haven't excluded Lego. The last one was 20% off an item, but you have to keep in mind that their prices are usually above MSRP.
In Canada, we don't really have many coupons for TRU. Moreover, almost Nobody sells Minecraft except Lego and Walmart which does not do any discounts.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:25 am

AbuTaleb wrote:
Nepenthe7 wrote:I've gotten toysrus coupons in the mail recently and they haven't excluded Lego. The last one was 20% off an item, but you have to keep in mind that their prices are usually above MSRP.
In Canada, we don't really have many coupons for TRU. Moreover, almost Nobody sells Minecraft except Lego and Walmart which does not do any discounts.
That big Minecraft set has been sticking around on Walmart shelves forever. I bet it gets discounted pretty substantially later this year. Over the weekend I found a Ninjago set that normally retails for $110 reduced to $30 at Walmart, so it does happen periodically.

AbuTaleb
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by AbuTaleb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:55 pm

PalaceBrother wrote:
AbuTaleb wrote:
That big Minecraft set has been sticking around on Walmart shelves forever. I bet it gets discounted pretty substantially later this year. Over the weekend I found a Ninjago set that normally retails for $110 reduced to $30 at Walmart, so it does happen periodically.
Thanks for the informations. I keep watching all the stores around me.

where do you live?

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:39 am

AbuTaleb wrote:
PalaceBrother wrote:
AbuTaleb wrote:
Thanks for the informations. I keep watching all the stores around me.

where do you live?
West end of the GTA. Unfortunately due to how many folks live around here most of the stores get picked over pretty quickly but it's nice to find a deal now and again.

AbuTaleb
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by AbuTaleb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:06 pm

PalaceBrother wrote: West end of the GTA. Unfortunately due to how many folks live around here most of the stores get picked over pretty quickly but it's nice to find a deal now and again.
I'm at Montreal, Lego deals goes fast here. However, not as fast as in GTA. My sister live at mississauga. I went there many times and I noticed that it is more hard there to catch deals than in Montreal.

sneaky07
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sneaky07 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:41 am

Mastermind also carries Minecraft Lego. Only discount I've ever seen for the Minecraft theme is when Mastermind has a coupon for 20% off any item in their store (barring some exceptions).

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:29 am

sneaky07 wrote:Mastermind also carries Minecraft Lego. Only discount I've ever seen for the Minecraft theme is when Mastermind has a coupon for 20% off any item in their store (barring some exceptions).
They almost always include a "does not apply to LEGO caveat" on recent coupons.

One thing they are good about is clearing out old product at hefty discounts. Once or twice a year the individual stores will cut some larger sets by hefty margins to get them off the shelves.

sneaky07
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sneaky07 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:46 am

Actually, they were specific about particular themes (ie. Friends, Mindstorm). I know for a fact that Minecraft was discountable because I bought a set.

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:12 am

Minecraft: The Ender Dragon, on sale this week. FYI

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=43745896

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:58 pm

crom71 wrote:Minecraft: The Ender Dragon, on sale this week. FYI

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=43745896
Thanks for posting that. Amazing that TLG didn't foresee low demand for these sets given how dull they are. I'm pretty sure I picked up the "Microworld" version for a song a few months back.