Usual periods for double VIP point?

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
kinwolf
I'm New !

Usual periods for double VIP point?

Post by kinwolf » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:02 am

Do double VIP points events always happen around the same period usually? I missed it last year and I think it was around October?

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Usual periods for double VIP point?

Post by PalaceBrother » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:29 am

kinwolf wrote:Do double VIP points events always happen around the same period usually? I missed it last year and I think it was around October?
It has actually been extended this year. First two weeks of October.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Could also be a double VIP points event around Black Friday, too, but forget how consistent they are with that.

kinwolf
I'm New !

Post by kinwolf » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Great, thanks, I'll make sure not to miss it this year!

IAmElim
Citizen
Citizen

Post by IAmElim » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:08 pm

PalaceBrother wrote:
kinwolf wrote:Do double VIP points events always happen around the same period usually? I missed it last year and I think it was around October?
Really? Where did you see that? I only find october 1st to 4th for double VIP points.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:47 am

PalaceBrother wrote:
Do you have a source for this?
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:30 pm

IAmElim wrote:
PalaceBrother wrote:
Really? Where did you see that? I only find october 1st to 4th for double VIP points.
I've read reports on multiple sites that it has been changed to 1 -14, but so far that has not been substantiated.

My apologies - I should have included that caveat!

eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eagerbeaver » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:09 pm

PalaceBrother wrote: I've read reports on multiple sites that it has been changed to 1 -14, but so far that has not been substantiated.

My apologies - I should have included that caveat!
Hi Palace Brother,

Could you post the links to the articles you read which mention this change? I'd appreciate it! :)

Thanks!

Cheers,
EB

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:36 am

I read it on an aggregator site but I don't recall which one. I've also seen it mentioned a few times in the thread at the link below, and have gotten anecdotal confirmation when I asked about it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... ount=16043

Take it with a grain of salt, but more than a few people have said stores told them it would be extended.

luca1980
Peasant
Peasant

Post by luca1980 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:55 am

Usually lego doesnt mess up and the october calendar is out already. It s gonna be 4 days. Those are Just talks

eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eagerbeaver » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been calling LEGO stores across Canada to get a comment on the 2x Points. This is obviously an important issue for us all.

I am pleased to report that I have received official confirmation from LEGO through the store manager in a Toronto LEGO Retail Store, that the VIP Double Points has been extended to October 14!

Thumbs up to Palace Brother, who prompted my search for confirmation! Time to break out the champagne!

Hope this helps everyone in their planning for their LEGO purchases!

Cheers,
EB
Last edited by eagerbeaver on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:29 pm

That's great, thanks Eagerbeaver!

Time to start mapping out purchases.

joelones
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by joelones » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Speaking of which, what sets are you guys eyeing for the event?

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:30 pm

joelones wrote:Speaking of which, what sets are you guys eyeing for the event?
After splurging on a bunch of the new Star Wars sets I'm probably going to lay low. I'll likely get one or two of the following but I haven't decided:

Expert Ferrari
Star Wars First Order Transport
Poe's X Wing
UCS Tie Fighter
Wall-E (if they have it)

I made the mistake of watching the Age of Ultron for the first time last weekend and now I want the figs from the new Quinjet & Avengers HQ sets but I will try and stay strong. Leaning toward the X-Wing or if they have it Wall-E. I know it's smarter to splurge during this time but I've already spent...oh wow....I just checked my tracking spreadsheet for 2015 and it's embarrassing. With a few big sets still in my backlog I should probably do the responsible thing.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm

PalaceBrother wrote:
After splurging on a bunch of the new Star Wars sets I'm probably going to lay low. I'll likely get one or two of the following but I haven't decided:

Expert Ferrari
Poe's X Wing
UCS Tie Fighter
Wall-E (if they have it)

I made the mistake of watching the Age of Ultron for the first time last weekend and now I want the figs from the new Quinjet & Avengers HQ sets but I will try and stay strong. Leaning toward the X-Wing or if they have it Wall-E. I know it's smarter to splurge during this time but I've already spent...oh wow....I just checked my tracking spreadsheet for 2015 and it's embarrassing. With a few big sets still in my backlog I should probably do the responsible thing.
Good luck! I really enjoyed the Age of Ultron as well. So far I've resisted the urge to buy any of the sets. I couldn't resist Scooby-Doo sets though. I'm trying to resist the urge to buy a modular building. I have $100 VIP points saved up but if I can resist I would like to save up a little more before buying another. I always feel so guilty buying such expensive sets for myself (and not my son). Little sets I don't have so much trouble justifying.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:02 pm

StClair wrote:
PalaceBrother wrote:

Expert Ferrari
Poe's X Wing
UCS Tie Fighter
Wall-E (if they have it)

Good luck! I really enjoyed the Age of Ultron as well. So far I've resisted the urge to buy any of the sets. I couldn't resist Scooby-Doo sets though. I'm trying to resist the urge to buy a modular building. I have $100 VIP points saved up but if I can resist I would like to save up a little more before buying another. I always feel so guilty buying such expensive sets for myself (and not my son). Little sets I don't have so much trouble justifying.
You're looking at this all wrong! Kids love the modulars, and the ones that are currently available are amazing. Pet Shop & the restaurant are the best of the bunch and they can be had at MSRP today (sorry, I realize I'm enabling).

Excluding the first three (Green Grocer, Cafe Corner & Market Street), I own and have on display all of the modulars up above my fireplace. Whenever my girls want to play with them I take them down and they spend hours playing out scenes.

[enable]You have $100 in VIP points. Pet Shop will go out of print soon, and out of my 400+ sets it is in the top 5, easily. Take the plunge![/enable]

Hoth-Wampa
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Hoth-Wampa » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm a Star Wars and Technic collector but i just bought the Pet Shop and I'm addicted!!
I will buy the Palace Cinema for the double VIP points
New Star Wars sets are too expensive and not accurate to the movie

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:54 pm

palacebrother... I agree the modular sets are maybe the best sets that LEGO has to offer. My son would enjoy them but he always wants others. Sadly he is more interested in minifigs than sets with good builds. I bought him the Creator:family house (white modern style house) last year hoping to get him into building more buildings. So far my only modular buy was the Haunted House (loved it!!!). Now I really want the Parisian restaurant. I also really like the Detective's Office. Then again as you said the Pet Shop probably won't be around much longer and I do really like it. The exterior of the Palace Cinema is really nice and I like that its a corner building. I wish we knew if they plan to do more corner buildings and what they would be. I'm guessing both the Cinema and Pet shop will be retired within the next year or two (I could be wrong). I have a hard time justify spending $600 for 4 modular buildings (although I would love to have all of them.. and more). Also I'm sure that I've spent hundreds of dollars on minfigures both in blind bags and from various sets on ebay and bricklink over the years. LEGO is just far too much fun to collect and build.

I forgive the enabling :-D I definitely plan to use my VIP points to buy a modular buildings within the year. I'm just not sure if it will be the pet shop or cinema (and restaurant later) or restaurant now (and miss out on the other two).

eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eagerbeaver » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:10 pm

PalaceBrother wrote:That's great, thanks Eagerbeaver!

Time to start mapping out purchases.
No worries, Palace Brother. It's my pleasure!
One set I am especially hoping to get is the Santa's Workshop from last year. I hope I have a chance before it gets sold out again! And then, maybe a Star Wars UCS along with a modular. Darn it! I want 'em all! :mad: :lol:

mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mrbean » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Can anybody else confirm that double VIP will be extended till the 14th? I'm looking at the online calendar and its still saying 1-4th. I would think that would be an easy edit change it.