[CANADA] 2011 Bricktober Sales for Weeks 3-5

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: [CANADA] 2011 Bricktober Sales for Weeks 3-5

Post by hatcher » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Well, TRU has gone and done it again. They've changed the sale for week 3 as well. Instead of Pharoah's Quest, they have put Creator (yeah) and Star Wars (yeah) on with the Hero Factory and Sponge Bob sets at 20% off with minimum purchase of $35. Still get the magnet set. Might actually buy something now.

Plus the free spider build on Saturday from noon til 2.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:06 pm

QuagsireQing wrote:I mean, of course, that they'll change it to 25% off Star Wars and Creator, and every large set will be in plentiful supply!
hatcher wrote:...they have put Creator (yeah) and Star Wars (yeah) on...at 20% off with minimum purchase of $35. Still get the magnet set.
O. M. G. I'm a freakin' oracle. I should be sarcastic more often! By the way, do you have a scan? The website hasn't updated the flyer yet.

Wallet, get ready to flex. Just like old times last year! This year, though, I've already got all the exclusives, so I'll be spending it on the plentiful 2011 sets available in store. That $35 minimum is NOT going to be a problem.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Oh Creator you say? Time to buy the Emerald Night (if they have any in stock). Although I would love to get double VIP points, and the holiday set, I'm going to have to skip LEGO's promo and go with TRU's 20% off sale.

*EDIT* This is probably a stupid question, but am I able to get the magnet if I order online? If not can I go in-store and show them my receipt to receive a magnet?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:35 pm

hatcher wrote:Well, TRU has gone and done it again. They've changed the sale for week 3 as well. Instead of Pharoah's Quest, they have put Creator (yeah) and Star Wars (yeah) on with the Hero Factory and Sponge Bob sets at 20% off with minimum purchase of $35. Still get the magnet set. Might actually buy something now.

Plus the free spider build on Saturday from noon til 2.
Thanks for the heads up.
http://toysnbricks.com/canada-toysrus-2 ... lego-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:15 am

Online on the TRU website, they have "activated" the sale in terms of giving the descriptions of whats on sale but the prices still have not been changed yet. Probably because of that, all the popular stuff like the modular houses, the Death Star for Star Wars is still clearly in stock even at past 8am EST. I suggest people to make phone orders and then get a customer service rep to manually input the discount for you.

They seem to have taken down the Pet Shop though...a few weeks ago it was clearly there (I think even at the beginning of October). Can't say I'm surprised though. There's still stuff like Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade (which if it follows the trend of the other modular houses, will likely be discontinued at the end of this year), Tower Bridge, Emerald Night, and the Winter sets (excluding the newest postal office one).

Good luck everyone with this sale as it's likely the one with the most popular sets.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:16 am

I did place a phone order this morning. They will charge you regular price for now with the promise that they will manually adjust the price whenever the sale prices have been updated in the system (I just hope it all works like promised).

I am torn between the Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade - which one to get?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:51 am

harry99 wrote:I did place a phone order this morning. They will charge you regular price for now with the promise that they will manually adjust the price whenever the sale prices have been updated in the system (I just hope it all works like promised).

Grand Emporium's the better set, if you ask me, but Fire Brigade's on the brink of extinction. Better grab one while you can.

UPDATE: Price changes are now live.

UPDATE 2: Well, Grand Emporium's been removed from the catalog. That oughta make your decision easier. :???:

youtoo
I'm New !

Post by youtoo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 am

I just ordered a Death Star and a Fire Brigade, but this last one is limited to one per consumer.

I'd like to order one. Could I just repeat the checkout process and would work? Or do I have to ask a friend with different name/shipping address/credit card?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:07 am

QuagsireQing wrote:
harry99 wrote:I did place a phone order this morning. They will charge you regular price for now with the promise that they will manually adjust the price whenever the sale prices have been updated in the system (I just hope it all works like promised).

Grand Emporium's the better set, if you ask me, but Fire Brigade's on the brink of extinction. Better grab one while you can.

UPDATE: Price changes are now live.

UPDATE 2: Well, Grand Emporium's been removed from the catalog. That oughta make your decision easier. :???:
TRU being shady as usual with crap like that.

The Death Star, Imperial Shuttle, and AT-AT are quite tempting for me. Especially the first set of that list.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:34 am

Thanks Toronadian! Was able to get my order in for the Grand Emporium before it was removed for good - although it's 'Backordered' -- hopefully they won't cancel it on me...

Is the Tower Bridge worth it or should I invest my money into something else? I am still torn with the Fire Brigade but don't if I should wait until the next sale for that one?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:03 am

Star Wars Advent Calendars are going fast. Last night I check and there was still 70 instock. Now, there's 25 left. Its funny how no one order the Death Star (18 still instock). :lol:

Fire Brigade is the key set to get right now as it will get discontinued very soon. As Toronadian mentioned, Grand Emporium is the better set, but don't get it yet as it will stick around for a bit longer (meaning you can probably get a higher discount like 25% off in the future).

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 am

Fire Brigade is now out of stock - wasn't quick enough!

Are there any other sets from the sale that you'd recommend based on what will be discontinued soon?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:37 am

Emerald Night and Death Star would be a good choice too. I ordered 1 Death Star just in case it gets discontinued before the annual 25% off LEGO Star Wars sale that kicks in during Spring.

Its quite sad that I have to pay $50 in tax for the Death Star though. :sad:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:47 am

Ice wrote:Emerald Night and Death Star would be a good choice too. I ordered 1 Death Star just in case it gets discontinued before the annual 25% off LEGO Star Wars sale that kicks in during Spring.

Its quite sad that I have to pay $50 in tax for the Death Star though. :sad:
:down: Its unfortunate that we have to pay so much tax here.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:15 am

Well... taxes are ultimately a good thing but I do have to agree - it's quiet a bit of money for the taxes... Got the Emerald Night already. Just not sure if I want to spend that much for the Death Star... as you said it's $450...

Does anyone know if the Tower Bridge is going to be discontinued soon?

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:22 am

harry99 wrote:Well... taxes are ultimately a good thing but I do have to agree - it's quiet a bit of money for the taxes... Got the Emerald Night already. Just not sure if I want to spend that much for the Death Star... as you said it's $450...

Does anyone know if the Tower Bridge is going to be discontinued soon?
It doesn't seem to be a big seller, so it might be around for a while longer. I bought mine at MSRP last year, and it was a deal back then, but at $240 it's an absolute STEAL. The set is glorious when set up (make sure you've got a BIG space to display it), and comes with enough tan pieces and windows to fuel any MOC. What's more, the entire set is built as two symmetric halves (you build the same half twice, then put them together), making it perfect for a co-op build; chill some drinks, invite a friend over, take the building nice and slow, and have a great time!

On top of all that, it's liable to skyrocket in value once it is discontinued, like Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal. If Toys 'R' Us will allow you to place an order, I can make no higher recommendation for this sale.

As for me, I went down to the local store today and picked up a Death Star (yes, my store actually keeps some behind the counter on a regular basis) and Advent Calendar. I want everyone to know that on Saturday, October 22 and Sunday, October 23, you'll get a $10 gift card with a purchase over $50. I'm thinking I may go back tomorrow to return/re-buy the Death Star to get the card, and return/re-buy the Advent Calendar using it, essentially doubling the discount and bringing it down to $29.97.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Death Star and Fire Brigade is now backordered as of 2:00 pm PST.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Can someone please answer this question? Am I able to get a magnet if I bring my receipt from an online order into the store? :think: Help is greatly appreciated.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Can someone please answer this question? Am I able to get a magnet if I bring my receipt from an online order into the store? :think: Help is greatly appreciated.
You should be able to. Customer service will refund you the order amount, and then ring in a new transaction charging you for the same amount, but with the magnet SKU added.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Got my shipping notice for the Grand Emporium, and was told that I would be credited with the refund of 20% off (since the original transaction was at full price).

I really want to pull the trigger on the Death Star set but that's a LOT of money to drop on one set. It's still $400 + tax even with it being on sale...