[Canada] ToysRUs 2011 Bricktober Week 5 LEGO Sale

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Canada] ToysRUs 2011 Bricktober Week 5 LEGO Sale

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:48 pm

The 5th and final week of Bricktober is now here! From October 28 - November 3, Toys R Us Canada will offering the following LEGO deals listed below. Plus, from October 28-30, you can scratch and save $5 or $25 off instores when you spend $75. Online orders above $100 will qualify for FREE Shipping as well.

Bricktober Week 5 LEGO Deals

$40 for 2 on ALL $24.99 sets (20% off)
$60 for 2 on ALL $39.99 sets (25% off)
25% off these LEGO Bricks & More (5585 Pink Brick Box, 5560 Large Pink Brick Box, 5930 Road Construction Building Set, 6166 Ultimate LEGO Building Set, 6177 Builders of Tomorrow)

Week 4 Bricktober Promotion

FREE LEGO Harry Potter 30111 The Lab Promotional Polybag w/$35 LEGO Purchase

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/canada-toysrus-2 ... lego-sale/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: [Canada] ToysRUs 2011 Bricktober Week 5 LEGO Sale

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but TRU Canada has the small sized LEGO Minifigure display cases up for sale for $16.99 each. Only yellow, blue, and red are available at the moment.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:20 pm

I would glady pay someone for one of the HP Polybags, or Trade you something for one. Please send PM if you are willing.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Luciant wrote:I would glady pay someone for one of the HP Polybags, or Trade you something for one. Please send PM if you are willing.
I managed to buy one on it's own at a TRU last week. If I come across another, I'll let you know!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:50 am

Quick note - just came back from my local TRU. I purchased two Lego City Advent calendars for $39.99 that were supposed to be $60 when combined. However, they are not. Supposedly they are not included in the sale (that's what the local store told me) and thus $39.99 each - no discounts.

I wanted them anyways but was extremely disappointed about this... in my eyes they are a $39.99 set so how can they not include them (they don't exclude them anywhere in the small print...).
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:50 pm

harry99 wrote:Quick note - just came back from my local TRU. I purchased two Lego City Advent calendars for $39.99 that were supposed to be $60 when combined. However, they are not. Supposedly they are not included in the sale (that's what the local store told me) and thus $39.99 each - no discounts.

I wanted them anyways but was extremely disappointed about this... in my eyes they are a $39.99 set so how can they not include them (they don't exclude them anywhere in the small print...).
That's pure BS IMHO. I'd call customer service.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:09 pm

harry99 wrote:Quick note - just came back from my local TRU. I purchased two Lego City Advent calendars for $39.99 that were supposed to be $60 when combined. However, they are not. Supposedly they are not included in the sale (that's what the local store told me) and thus $39.99 each - no discounts.

You should have brought them at Zellers last week when they have their B1G1 50%, plus the $10 off FB coupon(weekend only) when you spend over $40. ;-)

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:08 pm

You should be able to get them on sale since its a $39.99 set. Toys R Us probably didn't change the price in the system for this set yet.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks for your responses!

I did call customer service and they told me to resolve it with the store manager first - but the store manager was the one who told me that they were not included in the sale. After a call with the store manager, who told me that Advent Calendars are not Lego toy sets but a calendar and thus not included in the sale, I called customer service back and they filed my complaint which will be reviewed in the next 5-7 days by someone at their corporate level.

I still don't quiet undetstand their reasoning (the Advent Calendar is a Lego toy set even though it's a calendar) - specifically since the flyer doesn't list any exclusions (supposedly there is not enough rooms for fine print in the flyers...).

It is all very odd... checked my local Zellers last week but they did not have any of the Lego City Advent calendars in.

Lastly, to top it off they did not even have the Lego Harry Potter Poly Bags in - they took down my number though and told me they'd call me once they arrive...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:58 pm

If it was a Zellers/Wal-Mart store, I wouldn't blame them if they thought LEGO Advent Calendars were chocolates.

But its Toys R Us. Clearly, they should know a lot more about LEGO. Its quite sad that even the manager does not know what a LEGO Advent Calendar is. Which Toys R Us is it?

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Ice wrote:If it was a Zellers/Wal-Mart store, I wouldn't blame them if they thought LEGO Advent Calendars were chocolates.

But its Toys R Us. Clearly, they should know a lot more about LEGO. Its quite sad that even the manager does not know what a LEGO Advent Calendar is. Which Toys R Us is it?
It's the TousRUs in Barrie (Ontario). I agree, it is quiet disappointing - they should know that a Lego Advent Calendar is clearly a 'Lego Set' (especially since the Star Wars Advent Calendar was clearly included in the 20% off Lego Star Wars sale last week...).

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:50 am

Yeah, I've had numerous problems shopping at the Barrie Ontario TRU. I once walked away from a transaction in progress when they wouldn't let me use two deals at the same time. Sorry to hear about your troubles. They should have given you the deal.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?