[CAN] Toys R Us Boxing Week Deals

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
striderhiryu
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [CAN] Toys R Us Boxing Week Deals

Post by striderhiryu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:17 am

Saw 8+ MVR at my nearest non-express TRU today.

I'm getting to the point where I feel like buying sets just because there is a good discount....not sure what I would do with them though :mad:

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legoeggo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:53 am

lerico wrote:I really hope Lego is not retiring the Kingdoms line. It's my favourite theme and it is the one that brought me back into Lego.
Maybe, the Lord of the Rings theme looks like the replacement. Plus you have Dracula's castle in the monster fighters theme, so no shortage of castle sets. The staff at the Lego store tell me the kingdoms line doesn't sell well, which surprised me.

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:58 am

I'm guessing this is instore only? I don't see a kingdoms group for lego ne more on their website.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Updated first post with clearer picture.

lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lerico » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:25 am

Just went to TRU in coquitlam BC, there is absolutely no Kingsdoms left in there. But there's quite a few Atlantis and PQ, especially bigger sets, sitting in there. Doors open at 9am on boxing day.

wintersun
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wintersun » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:10 pm

"online effective Sunday Decembre 25/11..."

If you want to get one of the 3 sets left :)

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:18 pm

No Kingdom set available at Vancouver - Broadway store. Only few small sets of PQ and Atlantis sets were there. Find 6864 6863 and 6858 from the store. BTW, most of the Star Wars sets has been picked except 10215 Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter

It seems the shoppers did not mind paying with MSRP.
Last edited by legohunter on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:27 pm

unclephn wrote:
legohunter wrote:The deal is good. However, Lego is a very popular gift for holiday season in my town. I believe there ain't much Kingdom sets available from local TRUs at the time it is boxing day.

Oh man, is Kingdom theme really going to discontinue? :sad:
If it is, it makes you wonder why they even bothered with the Kingdoms Joust set that's going to be released soon.
Was MMV also the last set from Castle theme? I guess TLC has found that they could sell more of these largest set at the end of series. :think:

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:59 pm

legohunter wrote:Was MMV also the last set from Castle theme? I guess TLC has found that they could sell more of these largest set at the end of series. :think:
Good point. The fear of a set being discontinued because the theme is being retired will drive a lot of people to buy it. I mean, MMV is a great set on it's own, but I'm sure the thought of it being retired soon has helped drive some sales. We'll most likely see the same effect with Kingdoms Joust in a couple years.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:12 pm

unclephn wrote:
legohunter wrote:Was MMV also the last set from Castle theme? I guess TLC has found that they could sell more of these largest set at the end of series. :think:
Good point. The fear of a set being discontinued because the theme is being retired will drive a lot of people to buy it. I mean, MMV is a great set on it's own, but I'm sure the thought of it being retired soon has helped drive some sales. We'll most likely see the same effect with Kingdoms Joust in a couple years.
This's one of a good explanation, and resellers would gain advantage of it.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:36 am

legohunter wrote:No Kingdom set available at Vancouver - Broadway store. Only few small sets of PQ and Atlantis sets were there. Find 6864 6863 and 6858 from the store. BTW, most of the Star Wars sets has been picked except 10215 Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter

It seems the shoppers did not mind paying with MSRP.
Ppl will buy almost anything around this time of year, some even panic at the last min and will pay even more, feel sorry for those ppl.

lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lerico » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Saw about 6 Kingsdoms mill village raid in the Metrotown location. $89.99. Hopefully there will be some left for Monday.

kennymatic
I'm New !

Post by kennymatic » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:20 pm

dulait wrote:Interesting about it all being sold out. Is this the Lego year where all parents are buying Lego for their kids? I recalled last year when they have the 50% off on Prince Of Persia and some other theme, that they still have quite a lot left after boxing day.
Last year the TRUs in the Vancouver area were picked clean (with the exception of PoP sets) the day before Christmas and then when Boxing day came it didn't take long for the PoP stuff to get cleaned out too.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:41 am

For those who are interested, the prices on TRU are live - as of right now not showing up on the website but once you add to your cart!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:01 am

The only set in-stock for shipping is Rise of the Sphinx (7326).

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:38 am

Legobrandon wrote:The only set in-stock for shipping is Rise of the Sphinx (7326).
I am surprised that they have that one (after all it's ToysRUs) - better than nothing :)
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:52 pm

lerico wrote:Saw about 6 Kingsdoms mill village raid in the Metrotown location. $89.99. Hopefully there will be some left for Monday.
Very suprised that the smallest and busiest Toys R Us has them while the flagship store in Vancouver has close to nothing.

Has anyone been to the Richmond Toys R Us? I was planning to drop by yesterday but didn't have a chance.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Ice wrote:
lerico wrote:Saw about 6 Kingsdoms mill village raid in the Metrotown location. $89.99. Hopefully there will be some left for Monday.
Very suprised that the smallest and busiest Toys R Us has them while the flagship store in Vancouver has close to nothing.

Has anyone been to the Richmond Toys R Us? I was planning to drop by yesterday but didn't have a chance.
Might check it out when I am at Best Buy and Future Shop tomorrow morning. I'll let you know.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Lol, too late by then! I will be heading to the Burnaby Toys R Us tommorow to hopefully get a Mill Village Raid and a Blacksmith Attack. I don't even have those sets yet. :(

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:40 am

Why not try your luck with ad-matching at your local Sears, Walmart, Zellers, Superstore, or even London Drugs? I've found Sears VERY cooperative when you bring in the flyer to show the cashiers. I've been successful at London Drugs in the past as well. The more experienced cashiers at Zeller's will give you a harder time so look for the younger ones. Save yourself the grief of driving around town to find empty shelves. Shop smarter, not harder.