Further Walmart rollbacks YMMV

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
bakelitetm
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Further Walmart rollbacks YMMV

Post by bakelitetm » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:00 pm

I was at Richmond Hill, ON Walmart yesterday. There are several boxes of the following at the same discounted prices in legohunter's post above.
4182 The Cannibal Escape
4183 The Mill
4736 Freeing Dobby
Also a bunch of Mace Windu's and Geonosian Starfighters.

At least 4 or 5 boxes of each of the above sets, plus a few more that I forget, nothing super awesome IMO.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:38 pm

$30 for Geonosian Starfighters
$40 for Mace Windu Jedi Starfighter

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Burnaby Wal-Mart only has Golden Staff Guardians for $10 and some Hero Factory Cans. No Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighters even though I saw 50+ last week (someone must have brought them all).

They did have 5 Boxes of Series 6 thats somewhat untouched in the back aisles.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Isn't the set at the top leftmost..

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:28 pm

What about it :think: ? :lol:

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 am

I saw a couple of Luke's Landspeeder at my local Walmart last week, and it was the first time I'd seen it outside of a LEGO brand store. I'm surprised to even see it advertised in their flyer, and at $5 lower than Canadian MSRP no less!

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Lukes landspeeder is a walmart exclusive so its the only place to find this set before lego stores came to the Toronto area - this set has been out almost 2 years selling at walmarts but yes definitely hard to find them in canada this past year.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:57 am

ricefields wrote:Lukes landspeeder is a walmart exclusive so its the only place to find this set before lego stores came to the Toronto area - this set has been out almost 2 years selling at walmarts but yes definitely hard to find them in canada this past year.
Agree. I have not seen it at any Walmart for a long while. And I was also surprised to see it on this week's flyer.

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 am

ricefields wrote:Lukes landspeeder is a walmart exclusive so its the only place to find this set before lego stores came to the Toronto area - this set has been out almost 2 years selling at walmarts but yes definitely hard to find them in canada this past year.
I hit a couple walmart's yesterday looking for kingdom set clearances. I think I saw this at the walmart at winston churchill and the 401. There were maybe 3 or 4 of them.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, I was aware that it's a Walmart exclusive. I think I was just surprised to actually find it, because like you said, it's been out for more than two years now. Even more surprising is that they chose to advertise it!

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:58 pm

I've only seen Luke's Landspeeder when it was first released (and never again after that). Good to know they're finally stocking them again. :up:

nami
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Further Walmart rollbacks

Post by nami » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:53 pm

A few good deals here in manitoba. several Star Wars, City, and Atlants sets were discounted but only by 20-30%. The highlights of my find were Mace Windu's Starfighter for $30 and Luke's Landspeeder for $20. I was surprised to find Luke's Landspeeder discounted and only found this at one store. Managed to pick up a dozen of each for a rainy day. Will be watching for further markdowns!

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:41 pm

stopped by richmond hill walmart this evening and suprisingly found (...and eventually bought)

emperor palpatine shuttle $40cdn (from $80 msrp, 50% off)
fountain of youth $10 (from $25 msrp, 60% off)

There were also lots of following (which I did not buy)

mace windu ($40 from $50),
jet helicopter ($30 from $50),
rise of sphinx ($40 from $65)
geonosian fighter ($30 from $40),
gen greivous fighter ($60 from $70), and
2 harbour sets (now $70 down from $120)

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:58 am

Barrie Walmart (Mapleview Dr - south end) has the Palpatine shuttle for $40. They have maybe 4 or 5 left. They also have 1 Black Pearl set left for $90.90, and about 5 or 6 of the Star Wars advent calendars for $35.

They also have a Battle of Endor set which I haven't seen in a Walmart for over a year for $129.

Also, all the Alien Conquest sets are on clearance, as are the Cars and Pirates of Caribbean.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:49 pm

hatcher wrote:Barrie Walmart (Mapleview Dr - south end) has the Palpatine shuttle for $40. They have maybe 4 or 5 left. They also have 1 Black Pearl set left for $90.90, and about 5 or 6 of the Star Wars advent calendars for $35.

They also have a Battle of Endor set which I haven't seen in a Walmart for over a year for $129.

Also, all the Alien Conquest sets are on clearance, as are the Cars and Pirates of Caribbean.
Clearance except for the black pearl which is still on for 30% off since you say it is still $90.90. Battle of Endor at Walmart? Interesting since I have not seen one at Walmart for a long while.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Newmarket walmart has the following clearance items:

mace windu - $30 - lots available
ultimate build mater - $15 - lots available

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 pm

New Westminster Walmart had Mace Windu at $40, AC Alien Striker $5, and a few Cars sets for $10. They did have the previous LEGO Exclusive 4206 Recycling Truck for $39.99. They also had a ton of those SW Landspeeders at $29.99. No sign of S6 Minifigs.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't know if they're still there but I saw in a cart full of random clearance stuff at the Agincourt Mall Walmart, there were 2 sets of 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle at $40. That's 50% off considering the retail price for this set in Canada was $80. I was considering buying it but I don't think I like Star Wars enough or at least that set in particular so I held back.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Rise of the Sphinx was down to $30 in Barrie today. They have maybe 3 or 4 left. Still a couple of Palpatine shuttle for $40.

What made me really upset was seeing the both the remaining Black Pearl sets hade been opened and at least half the contents of each was missing. And then I started noticing opened boxes all over the place. Do you not have security cams in your store?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 am

Toronadian wrote:I don't know if they're still there but I saw in a cart full of random clearance stuff at the Agincourt Mall Walmart, there were 2 sets of 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle at $40. That's 50% off considering the retail price for this set in Canada was $80. I was considering buying it but I don't think I like Star Wars enough or at least that set in particular so I held back.
I saw a few Palpatine's Shuttle too, but I already have one so I did not bother. Saving them for those that actually want one but yet to have one.