[Canada] ToysRUs 20% off LEGO City, Creator, Basics

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [Canada] ToysRUs 20% off LEGO City, Creator, Basics

Post by ricefields » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:40 am

if you have not called already to say others got it 79.99 around the country (after complaining to the CSR/manager) and you want the same deal, why start now based on the fact that quebec residents got a coupon to buy it for 79.99 without the calling?

vuud
I'm New !

Post by vuud » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:21 pm

I got the coupon but it was not working, so I sent them an email.I tried back the coupon the next day and it worked! 79.99$ + tx. Then, customer service sent me another one because the first one was not working.

I will maybe order another one. I guess in Quebec they were scared that those poor students would do illegal stuff to them...

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Helms deep has shipped and 50.00 credit has been issued. One of the few times toysrus actually followed through on something like this for me. They must have been in some sort of legal bind to actually fufill those orders at the price advertised.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Something that I've been thinking in regards to the TRU in Canada previously getting the Lego exclusives and now no longer seeing them. I referring to stuff like the modular houses, Maersk Train, Shuttle Adventure etc. Perhaps it's due to Lego now having official stores here in Canada, Lego wants to sell these sets themselves instead of people going to TRU in Canada? Yeah, I know Lego S@H had those sets available online, but still.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:12 am

Companies love gouging Canadians - that's for sure. Lego (higher RRP/MSRP in the first instance) is by no means an exception!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

pbegin
I'm New !

Post by pbegin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 am

Still living in Quebec... My order (at 179.99$ minus 100$) is still registered in my TRU account... I saw the credit card authorization request (no charge yet) being processed... June 26th is approching...

Funny thing : When I tried to process my order with that 100$ coupon, IE (no error messages) and Firefox (got a response as the coupon was invalid) had problems dealing with the web page. When I used Chrome, everything went through with no problem.

"Companies love gouging Canadians" : True, but remember that they charge us more because we (the government) charges them a lot more than in the USA for employment benefits, taxes, paperworks, etc...

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:26 am

Just to follow up, I got my set as well as the $100 plus tax rebate.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

meclo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by meclo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:11 am

Me too, it just came this morning! And the credit from TRU.ca went through on my credit card as well. Thanks Toys R Us!

I'm a bit bummed that TRU Canada is starting to mark up sets from MSRP though...they never used to, that I noticed anyway. I thought that was a US-only thing. =(

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:34 pm

meclo wrote: I'm a bit bummed that TRU Canada is starting to mark up sets from MSRP though...they never used to, that I noticed anyway. I thought that was a US-only thing. =(
Right. I recently browsed TRU and saw the price for set like, Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape, has been updated to $54.99, which was only $49.99 in last month. So, even if they periodically offered 20% off on lego sets, it would just be $6 below purchasing from LEGO store. Besides, don't forget 5% VIP points cashback was offered by LEGO store. As a result, shopping from TRU ended up saving only $3.5 (in this case) even if they offered 20% off. Thus, the mark-up is definitely killing their deal.

What was TRU thinking about????
Last edited by legohunter on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:08 pm

legohunter wrote:What was TRU thinking about????
$$$

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:25 am

I don't know why folks still buy things from ToysRUs. I spend many thousands of dollars on LEGO each year - over the past year much of this at ToysRUs. However, since the Helm's Deep incident I will not spend another dollar there unless a set is at least 50% off MSRP. I just don't want to give them any business anymore after being treated like I am an idiot. No thanks - I prefer to buy from Lego and/or other retailers!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

bakelitetm
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bakelitetm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 pm

This Helm's Deep incident has netted me a new LoTR set for $100 off their price. Personally, I'm happy to continue buying from them if more Helm's Deep-style incidents come up.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:33 pm

I would avoid shopping from TRUs, too. They may get my attention for their lego sale only if 50% off or better deal is offered. After the markup, I prefer to shop from local LEGO store rather than TRUs.

pbegin
I'm New !

Post by pbegin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 am

My Helm's Deep is finally coming next week. Will this saga ends there?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:20 pm

I haven't received my Helm's Deep yet. Has anyone in B.C. or Alberta received it?