TRU Bricktober Week 1 Sale Sept 28-October 4

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
encoree
I'm New !

Re: TRU Bricktober Week 1 Sale Sept 28-October 4

Post by encoree » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

Same here in Langley, BC

Plenty of Toys R Us Truck and UCS Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (actually many many of them).

And got both promo sets without asking !

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Picked up both sale sets, got both promos, great deal, given I waited for the lego truck to go on 1/2 off for a long time.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Same here. Bought the Starfighter and TRU truck, and got both promos, no sweat.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Was told in the Barrie store that they don't have the 5 figure set - yet another customer had one in their hand in the parking lot... time to call the manager tomorrow...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Went to TRU just literally a minute too late. Saw a guy pick up the very last truck on the shelf. No idea how many they had in the first place. :( Oh well. Hoping for some amazing sales for the month of October.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:24 pm

I missed out on the TRU truck too :(

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 pm

richmond hill tru - no trucks left, lots of obi wan fighters but most are not nice boxes
only could get the 5 minifig promo

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:29 pm

There are some good sales coming up over the next few weeks, with lots of stuff I've been putting off. Needless to say, I'll be back each week, and it's five weeks this year, not just four.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm

QuagsireQing wrote:There are some good sales coming up over the next few weeks, with lots of stuff I've been putting off. Needless to say, I'll be back each week, and it's five weeks this year, not just four.
You've seen the flyers for the month of October? Any hints? :-D

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:50 am

harry99 wrote:Was told in the Barrie store that they don't have the 5 figure set - yet another customer had one in their hand in the parking lot... time to call the manager tomorrow...
I wonder if it was me you saw. :)

Seriously, that bites. Barrie store was insane yesterday due to the local schools having a Professional Activity day (all kids out of class). The fine print on the ad said that there was a minimum of 20 promo sets per store, so it is concievable they ran out due to the high number of people in the store.
Last edited by hatcher on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 am

QuagsireQing wrote:There are some good sales coming up over the next few weeks, with lots of stuff I've been putting off. Needless to say, I'll be back each week, and it's five weeks this year, not just four.
Well my experience from last year was that the first week had the best deals. So I hope you are right on that where they will have at least one half price set for sale in the comming weeks. Also there are only four mini figure sets shown, so I wonder what they will give on the last week if this is in fact a five weeks bricktober sale.

davethebest
I'm New !

Post by davethebest » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:51 pm

I swung by my TRU today (Metrotown, Burnaby BC), and they had tonnes of the SW set. Only 4 on the shelf, but I counted 30+ on their top shelf where they put overstock.
I got both the minifig collection and the quad. Cashier didn't know though, I had to show him the sign.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:57 pm

davethebest wrote:I swung by my TRU today (Metrotown, Burnaby BC), and they had tonnes of the SW set. Only 4 on the shelf, but I counted 30+ on their top shelf where they put overstock.
I got both the minifig collection and the quad. Cashier didn't know though, I had to show him the sign.
I was just about to post the same thing... They didn't have any of the delivery trucks left :(

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:44 pm

:( I called Metrotown yesterday afternoon after my visit to Lansdowne and they had 2 left. They were not allowed to place a hold on sale items. Didn't go to Metro since I figured it would be long gone once I arrive.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:37 am

dulait wrote:
Well my experience from last year was that the first week had the best deals. So I hope you are right on that where they will have at least one half price set for sale in the comming weeks. Also there are only four mini figure sets shown, so I wonder what they will give on the last week if this is in fact a five weeks bricktober sale.
Well, I probably shouldn't detail what's upcoming (I don't want to get anyone in trouble! but expect a lot of xx% off all xxxx sets), but the fifth week's bonus is a sort of payoff if you've faithfully collected each of the previous weeks' bonuses. (Oh, and there will be additional bonuses each week in addition to the Vintage Minifigures.)

If all goes according to plan, Bricktober's going to cost me about $550 this year. :crazy: And I didn't even remember about it until last Thursday night!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:50 am

Okay, I see how this Bricktober works now. But in order to get the special surprise at the end of the month for collecting all deals, it would mean I would have to buy sets every week that I don't really want or need. :( Like the Obi Wan ship for example, I don't want or need it at all but I want the Vintage figure set. :-|

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Okay, I see how this Bricktober works now. But in order to get the special surprise at the end of the month for collecting all deals, it would mean I would have to buy sets every week that I don't really want or need. :( Like the Obi Wan ship for example, I don't want or need it at all but I want the Vintage figure set. :-|
Oh, I'm sure you can get the fifth week's bonus without actually spending the $75 each week, no problem, it's just meant more as a reward for those who came every week; you'll see what I mean. Yeah, I just wanted the minifigures, too, especially this week when there were no sales I needed to take advantage of, but after seeing the deals for the next few weeks, I knew that I would be back to take advantage of them later, and didn't want to regret missing out on the first week. I bought The Battle of Helm's Deep for full MSRP, something I never do for anything but Exclusives, but Toys 'R' Us really has been good to me in the past, and I've gone in whole-hog for the past Bricktobers, so why stop now? (Oh, yeah...to save money...)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Do you have any news on the free build for the kids? I know one of them is gonna be a Vampire/Dracula what is the Friends one?

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 am

My prediction for the 5th week gift is a Minifig display case. Collect all twenty Minifigs, then in the last week, get a display case to show them off.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:24 am

cupishalfempty wrote:My prediction for the 5th week gift is a Minifig display case. Collect all twenty Minifigs, then in the last week, get a display case to show them off.
+1
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)