TRU Bricktober Week 5 Sale Oct 26 - Nov 1st 2012

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

TRU Bricktober Week 5 Sale Oct 26 - Nov 1st 2012

Post by hatcher » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 am

Well, this weeks sales are pretty weak.

25% off all $24.99 and up LEGO boardgames - excludes clearance and The Hobbit (that last one is kind of cruel).

20% off these LEGO sets: (most of which were on sale in previous weeks)
Creator Seaside House
Creator Street Rebel
Creator Highway Pickup
LEGO Farm Brick Box
LEGO Pink Brick Box
LEGO Building Fun

Free Exclusive Elrond Minifigure with purchase of any LEGO Lord of the Rings Video game. There some fine print I can't make out about October 30th, so that may be when he becomes available, not sure.

Buy $35 or more of any LEGO sets (excludes clearance I think) to get the Thor polybag for free.
Buy $75 or more of any LEGO sets before taxes (excludes clearance I think) to get a minifig display case.

Also, on Saturday from 12-2 there is a LEGO take and build. Lego Friends set, Lego Dracula or Duplo pumpkin.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: TRU Bricktober Week 5 Sale Oct 26 - Nov 1st 2012

Post by Toronadian » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Lmao...absolutely horrible Bricktober. Wallet was safe all month woot.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Why don't they show us a picture of the Friends build?

Too bad I have plans on Saturday and won't be able to make it. :(

Icetron
I'm New !

Post by Icetron » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:52 pm

I couldn't get the zombie car last week, my manager wouldn't let me purchase it because it messes with inventory or something. I doubt I can buy the Thor either. :/

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Still can't believe they didn't put super heroes on sale at all. The only line I REALLY want. Sigh, maybe Black Friday?

tekkamanraiden
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tekkamanraiden » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm

The fine print is;

"Available Oct 30 on 3DS, DS and PS Vita. Available instore only. Excludes Express Locations. While they last. No rainchecks."

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Icetron wrote:I couldn't get the zombie car last week, my manager wouldn't let me purchase it because it messes with inventory or something. I doubt I can buy the Thor either. :/
I just came from my local store (Markville Shopping Center, Ontario) and just bought a couple of Zombie Cars. The associate (who I've spoken to on several occasions, since I also work at the mall) was cool enough to let me buy a Thor polybag too! Also found one random City Race Car poly too, which I have never seen in stores before, so I thought it was a nice bonus find lol.

Moral of the story is that you don't have luck buying the polys outright at one store, try another store and try to speak to someone who looks like they might genuinely try to help you out.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:36 pm

unclephn wrote:
Icetron wrote:I couldn't get the zombie car last week, my manager wouldn't let me purchase it because it messes with inventory or something. I doubt I can buy the Thor either. :/
I just came from my local store (Markville Shopping Center, Ontario) and just bought a couple of Zombie Cars. The associate (who I've spoken to on several occasions, since I also work at the mall) was cool enough to let me buy a Thor polybag too! Also found one random City Race Car poly too, which I have never seen in stores before, so I thought it was a nice bonus find lol.

Moral of the story is that you don't have luck buying the polys outright at one store, try another store and try to speak to someone who looks like they might genuinely try to help you out.
You are talking about the poly bag below right? Seen them at a couple of Toys R Us, so they are out there since they are new. Lucky you on the Thor poly bag, since the Toys R Us I went to said no.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 pm

^ Yes, that's the race car poly I was referring to. It was the first time I had seen it, so I decided to pick it up along with the other polys.

I'm hoping that the Thor poly will still be around after this week's Bricktober sale is over. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple more!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:00 am

For those in the East, what was the free Friends build? :)

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 am

Its a flower stand with a cat. Not really anything to write home about. Unless you needed some flowers, a cat, and a white 8x2 plank.

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:28 am

My Thor Polybag Success!! :mrgreen:

I went to the TRU here in Victoria BC and went right to the customer service desk. The General Manager of the store was there and I spoke to him regarding the Thor Polybag. At first he had no idea what I was talking about, so I grabbed a flyer and schooled him on their current promotions. Once he was clued in, I asked him if I could buy the Thor Polybag on its own, instead of with $35 worth of non clearance LEGO. He intially said no, but after a lil smooth talking he agreed to scan one (they had a huge box of Thors up at the customer service desk) and it came up at $4.99. He said "here ya go" and the sales associate rang it thru and off I went!

I have been trying to get this set since it first came out in the summer, but I could never find it! Infact, I was going to bite the bullet and buy it on EBAY for $25, sure glad I waited! As far as smooth talking the manager, I think I lucked out a bit. I went first thing in the morning after they opened, on the first day of the promo, so they had lots. I'm sure if they were down to the last few it might be a different story. I told him how I tried to purchase this Polybag set in the summer when it first came out, but it was sold out (true). I also told him at the time I left my name and phone number with a sales associate who said they'd call me when the got more in, but no one ever called (small white lie). In an case, I was polite and courteous and I think that's what made the manager more empathetic. YMMV. Best of luck to all!! :mrgreen:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Was able to snag one Friends build. They ran out of Dracula's a long time ago. :( Grabbed an instruction sheet so I could assemble it with PAB parts in the future. The cat in the Friends set is really cute!

Also, my TRU put out a box of the mining quads. No sign of Ghost polys or the previous promos.

EDIT: Also, TRU restocked on the TRU trucks that were 50% off in the first week. Looks like they hid some in the back. :down:

meclo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by meclo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:25 pm

I've had some luck buying these polybags from TRU (including Thor)...I was told by a Customer Service person once that "if it scans, we can sell it", and I found I've had luck just repeating that statement to other CSRs who weren't sure. The Bricktober vintage minifig sets or the Darth Maul polybag for example, wouldn't scan because they're not in the system and therefore they can't sell it, but anything else is fair game (including the polybag ghosts from a few weeks back).

When I bought Thor it was an Asst Manager who wasn't sure, but when I repeated the line from the other CSR she tried it, and when it scanned she let me buy a couple. Helps to be super nice to the CSRs too though!

jmjm
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jmjm » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Got my Thor polybag with no problems at the TRU at Market Mall in Calgary, Alberta!

Went to a register and asked the salesperson there, she said they do sell it separately but she didn't have any behind the counter. She told me to go to the customer service desk and ask there and I was able to buy it for $4.99 + tax! :-D

JJpach
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by JJpach » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Saw the Thor and Mining Quad bags today. The Quad set is a better value (which I already have), I actually bit the bullet on Thor debating how 25pcs justify the price (not a huge fan of licensed figures). It's so bare, at least the Harry Potter one comes with some chests and stuff lol. I wouldn't pay $25 for it, but that's just me :D

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:22 pm

JJpach wrote:Saw the Thor and Mining Quad bags today. The Quad set is a better value (which I already have), I actually bit the bullet on Thor debating how 25pcs justify the price (not a huge fan of licensed figures). It's so bare, at least the Harry Potter one comes with some chests and stuff lol. I wouldn't pay $25 for it, but that's just me :D
Consider we only get Thor in the two bigger set in the theme, I'll say $5 is a good price compared to $8-10 on bricklink.