[Canada] Sears Instores LEGO Boxing Week Sale 2012

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [Canada] Sears Instores LEGO Boxing Week Sale 2012

Post by Toronadian » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks, got a Tie Fighter. Good thing I already got the X-Wing from prior.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Don't forget to access Sears.ca thru airmiles.ca!

The shipping charge is high.... It will be better if they would offer free shipping.
Last edited by legohunter on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Could ship to a store or sears outlet for $3.95 instead of $7.95. In my case there is a cleaners that also serves as a sears outlet a few blocks away! Shipping / buying two or three is still $3.95. Will just get one - I have fear that shipping will be disastrous like no packaging box or major denting/crushing; or probably a sticky label slapped onto the original lego box!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 pm

I found that tax was applied after shipping charge. In other words, I was prompted to pay tax for the shipping. Wasn't it supposed to be "no tax" for shipping charge, was it?

josephliyen
Citizen
Citizen

Post by josephliyen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Don't hold your breath for shipping. It's very poor and the box will dent. I am speaking from experience.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 am

ricefields wrote: or probably a sticky label slapped onto the original lego box!
They apply a large sticky label onto the box AND use some extra sticky clear tape to hold it on there. If you try to take it off you also take parts of the paper / box artwork off. I just picked an order up from my local SEARS yesterday and this is what happened to me. Also, the LEGO boxes were pretty banged up. If I would have bought the sets for the box, they would have gone back. However, I just needed the sets for the parts and figures... so no loss there (the discount was okay).
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:45 am

Same story as the rest of you when ordering from Sears online, they just stick the label on the box. At the same time, as harry99 said, I'm only getting one for the set itself so it doesn't matter to me as long as everything is in there.

I'm not sure, but I feel like it use to be free to ship to a Sears store at least; I'm probably wrong about that though. Anyway, if you live close enough to a Sears store and are not home during delivery hours like me, I rather ship to the store (plus it's cheaper anyway). Even after counting in the cost of shipping to store, it's still like 44% off or something.

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:00 pm

Sears does not use any boxes when shipping, either to store or to home, they just wrap it in a plastic bag and tape it up, relying on the item's own packaging. Needless to say, don't order fragile things from them, returns were easy though.

bakelitetm
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bakelitetm » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 am

I received two Tie fighters this week. The Lego boxes were shipped inside a plastic bag. They arrived in mint condition, but this is simply luck being on my side.
The shipping stickers are applied directly to the Lego box, but I peeled them off easily with no damage to the box.
It's risky, but potentially worth it for 50% off.

wintersun
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wintersun » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:05 am

bakelitetm wrote:I received two Tie fighters this week. The Lego boxes were shipped inside a plastic bag. They arrived in mint condition, but this is simply luck being on my side.
The shipping stickers are applied directly to the Lego box, but I peeled them off easily with no damage to the box.
It's risky, but potentially worth it for 50% off.
Same here with 3 Tie Fighters except the UPS smoked a LOT in his truck :(