[Canada] ToysRUs 50% off Select LEGO Star Wars Sets

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [Canada] ToysRUs 50% off Select LEGO Star Wars Sets

Post by dulait » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 am

Toronadian wrote:How's the republic frigate? It's a big set that's about as much as I know.
ricefields wrote:worth getting at 50% off - it has 1000 pieces. Also 4 out of the 5 minifigs are unique to the set. bought one today but should have bought 2!
Agree with what ricefields said, like a lot of sets these days, the minifigures is the selling point.
nami wrote:
Anton wrote:Anyone in Winnipeg get a chance to check out the stock?

I'll check St. James in the morning, hope they have decent sets left. I missed out on the Y-wing during Boxing Week. Guess I'll wait to go stateside for that one.
Regent Avenue had lots of everything except the T-6 Shuttle. I went in the morning and then went back at the end of the day and it looked like nothing had been touched. They had at least 10 Frigates and nobody was buying them. I did pick up 2 Hoth sets which was all that interested me as I have 2 frigates already. Polo Park had less stock and no Frigates.

Walmart on Regent is renovating and had some great Lego deals today. Prices were 50-60 % off. Picked up 2 v-wings for $10 each and 2 Jabbas Palace for $75 each.
Jabbas Palace for $75? Wow, now that is a steal, hands down winner compared to this Toys R Us sale.

groupsrv
I'm New !

Post by groupsrv » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 am

Jasper Parnebrick wrote:Does anybody know of any TrU in the GTA or even a bit further that has any Frigates left?
there were 3 in HWY10 Mississauga in the evening

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:36 am

I was able to get Lego 9500 at half off.

neongrey
I'm New !

Post by neongrey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:20 am

How's the Regent Avenue Wal-Mart fixed for non-Star Wars sets? It's kind of the opposite end of town for me and this isn't great bus weather, so while I don't mind going there for a deal, if it's not going to be worthwhile I'd rather not go so far out of my way.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 am

super26 wrote:I was able to get Lego 9500 at half off.
Please elaborate how, thanks

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 am

groupsrv wrote:
Jasper Parnebrick wrote:Does anybody know of any TrU in the GTA or even a bit further that has any Frigates left?
there were 2 left in vic park/lawrence tru but I imagine they would be gone on saturday. on Friday there was chance but by saturday based on previous experience, the sets get cleaned out at 50% off (except podracers of course)

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 am

ricefields wrote:
super26 wrote:I was able to get Lego 9500 at half off.
Please elaborate how, thanks
One reason I can think of is the staff at that Toys R Us put wrong price tags under wrong sets, that happened before and it is up to the supervisor or manager if they will honor it or not.

sneaky07
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sneaky07 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 pm

I think I remember reading posts where some people lucked out and got a substitute set of equal value if they didn't have any of the stated sets in stock.

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Hey why not try it? good call sneaky07 :-)

Aladar
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Aladar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:09 pm

ricefields wrote:
groupsrv wrote:
there were 2 left in vic park/lawrence tru but I imagine they would be gone on saturday. on Friday there was chance but by saturday based on previous experience, the sets get cleaned out at 50% off (except podracers of course)
You saw them today? I was just there this afternoon and they were all gone.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Aladar wrote:
ricefields wrote:
groupsrv wrote:
You saw them today? I was just there this afternoon and they were all gone.
Saw them friday afternoon and as stated above, saturday afternoon is too late, have to go on Friday for the 50% off sales because limited stock will be gone by then. No problem with hoth base and podracers and likely obi wan fighter but the other sets are limited in stock. Went there at friday around 1pm.

Anton
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:34 am

nami wrote:
Anton wrote:Anyone in Winnipeg get a chance to check out the stock?

I'll check St. James in the morning, hope they have decent sets left. I missed out on the Y-wing during Boxing Week. Guess I'll wait to go stateside for that one.
Regent Avenue had lots of everything except the T-6 Shuttle. I went in the morning and then went back at the end of the day and it looked like nothing had been touched. They had at least 10 Frigates and nobody was buying them. I did pick up 2 Hoth sets which was all that interested me as I have 2 frigates already. Polo Park had less stock and no Frigates.

Walmart on Regent is renovating and had some great Lego deals today. Prices were 50-60 % off. Picked up 2 v-wings for $10 each and 2 Jabbas Palace for $75 each.
Thanks for the heads up. How's the stock at Walmart? I would love to get Jabba's palace. Ill check it that location later today.

Polo Park Toys R Us has only the hoth set when I was there yesterday.

nami
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by nami » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:28 am

Everything on clearance is gone at this Walmart. This was a renovation clearance so nothing will be replenished. Picked up some great deals though!

Anton
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 am

nami wrote:Everything on clearance is gone at this Walmart. This was a renovation clearance so nothing will be replenished. Picked up some great deals though!
At least I was able to pick up a Hoth set.

U got some awesome deals!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 am

nami wrote:Everything on clearance is gone at this Walmart. This was a renovation clearance so nothing will be replenished. Picked up some great deals though!
Lucky you since most to all of the Walmart here in the GTA have turned into a Superstore already, so no chance for clearance deal like those. Unless they plan to turn them into ultra mega Superstores.

neongrey
I'm New !

Post by neongrey » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Lucky... shame I work some stupid hours on weekends and can't shop much then. Oh well, at least I won't be an hour on the bus for nothing.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Not sure how accurate this infornation is, but a manager at one of the toys r us that I visted told me these Lego sets are actually being discontinued. So no rainchecks.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:02 pm

still seeing lots of hoth echo base for 50% off on shelves at toysrus...not a good sign for investment purposes...hoping stocks are in short supply in the US

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:58 am

ricefields wrote:still seeing lots of hoth echo base for 50% off on shelves at toysrus...not a good sign for investment purposes...hoping stocks are in short supply in the US
I only got one of the hoth echo base. They had lots at the Toys R US where I was. Unfortunately, I wanted to get a couple of the 7964 Republic Frigate but they didn't have any at all. I guess all the good stuff are already gone.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:04 am

ricefields wrote:still seeing lots of hoth echo base for 50% off on shelves at toysrus...not a good sign for investment purposes...hoping stocks are in short supply in the US
Well most sets do go up in value after a few years when they have long been discountinued. But the problem in the pass couple of years for star wars sets are the remake and redesign after 3 to 4 years, which really drop the price if anyone tries to sell them. Only people whom I see interested on getting them by paying higher prices are the die hard fans. Bottom line is that modulars are good investments, these sets, not really.