[CAN]: TRU Brictober Week 2 Oct 4th-10th 2013

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
fuji143
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [CAN]: TRU Brictober Week 2 Oct 4th-10th 2013

Post by fuji143 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:34 am

i can't wait till i get off work to buy the helms deep... looks AMAZING and is even more amazing at that price.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:11 am

hatcher wrote:Update on Barrie Ontario TRU. They put out around 9 or so Goblin King sets. Interesting about the Battle of Helms Deep. It scans at $89.99, but there are no signs anywhere, and there is no discount tag on the shelf. If you haven't bought this yet, you will not get a better one. Not at TRU anyway.
As I recall, Target have all their Lord Of The Rings set on clearance half off couple of weeks back. So, not the first time we have seen this set on for that cheap, but stock were very limited. Also not to mention those clearance sales down in the states, I remember reading someone got this for like $50-75 down in the states. Now that is an amazing deal.
fuji143 wrote:i can't wait till i get off work to buy the helms deep... looks AMAZING and is even more amazing at that price.
Not many people know about the price yet, so you should be fine. Also I do advise people to hold off till at least Monday before letting the word out, that will give the guys or girls whom need the set for collecting purpose on here a chance to get in on it before they are all gone.

I have to disagree with the AMAZING part. This set is kind of lacking by itself, you would need at least 4+ of this set or alot of extra bricks to modify it into something this guy on eurobricks made to call it AMAZING.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=74926

fuji143
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fuji143 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 am

dulait wrote:
hatcher wrote:Update on Barrie Ontario TRU. They put out around 9 or so Goblin King sets. Interesting about the Battle of Helms Deep. It scans at $89.99, but there are no signs anywhere, and there is no discount tag on the shelf. If you haven't bought this yet, you will not get a better one. Not at TRU anyway.
As I recall, Target have all their Lord Of The Rings set on clearance half off couple of weeks back. So, not the first time we have seen this set on for that cheap, but stock were very limited. Also not to mention those clearance sales down in the states, I remember reading someone got this for like $50-75 down in the states. Now that is an amazing deal.
fuji143 wrote:i can't wait till i get off work to buy the helms deep... looks AMAZING and is even more amazing at that price.
Not many people know about the price yet, so you should be fine. Also I do advise people to hold off till at least Monday before letting the word out, that will give the guys or girls whom need the set for collecting purpose on here a chance to get in on it before they are all gone.

I have to disagree with the AMAZING part. This set is kind of lacking by itself, you would need at least 4+ of this set or alot of extra bricks to modify it into something this guy on eurobricks made to call it AMAZING.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=74926
:-D :-D not often we get deals here so i guess this is as close to amazing as it gets, and yes, i did exagerate a bit, but its got nice functionality and display for the price.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:05 pm

dulait wrote: Well what I was talking about was clearance overstocked set that have some modding value would be great. Like their unadverstised Lord of the Rings - The Battle of Helm's Deep (9474) set for 47% off MSRP plus the mini figure set plus the turkey polybag. Work out to be around 52% off Helm's Deep with the bonuses. Now that is what bricktober should be!

One more thing to add, Toys R Us have The DeLorean Time Machine (21103) now too, not on sale, just another retail that carries it.
Helms deep is advertised on the website at 50%, and still in stock but probably not for long as the battle of the hobbit king is sold out. also all the minecraft sets and the bttf set are $5 above msrp, so not the best source for these...until others run out of stock like last year when I paid $5 more for the sold out original minecraft. Little known fact is that the Vaughan lego discovery centre carries the minecraft (all 3) and the Bttf at msrp. Even the three lego stores in toronto do not even carry these!! the store is not affiliated with the lego store therefore no vip pts however, if you act dumb and whine, they may give you 5% off on the spot instead when you show you have a vip card; therefore making this spot the cheapest retail place to get them in person in Canada.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Have to admit, half off of Helm's Deep makes me tempted to grab a second one of this set. I'm not that big of a fan of the set but seeing what people do with multiples of this set is pretty cool. But I rally shouldn't be buying a second for no reason.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:34 pm

ricefields wrote:Helms deep is advertised on the website at 50%, and still in stock but probably not for long as the battle of the hobbit king is sold out. also all the minecraft sets and the bttf set are $5 above msrp, so not the best source for these...until others run out of stock like last year when I paid $5 more for the sold out original minecraft. Little known fact is that the Vaughan lego discovery centre carries the minecraft (all 3) and the Bttf at msrp. Even the three lego stores in toronto do not even carry these!! the store is not affiliated with the lego store therefore no vip pts however, if you act dumb and whine, they may give you 5% off on the spot instead when you show you have a vip card; therefore making this spot the cheapest retail place to get them in person in Canada.
50% it is not, since they overpriced it like they did with other sets, 47% off MSRP only. Also no freebies if you order online.

If you have a season past, you automaticly get 10% at the center.
Toronadian wrote:Have to admit, half off of Helm's Deep makes me tempted to grab a second one of this set. I'm not that big of a fan of the set but seeing what people do with multiples of this set is pretty cool. But I rally shouldn't be buying a second for no reason.
Two will not cut it, you need at least 4 to do what the modder did. Even at half price, $400 is a lot of money unless you are a huge lord of the rings or castle fan and a big modder.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks dulait for reporting.
dulait wrote: 50% it is not, since they overpriced it like they did with other sets, 47% off MSRP only. Also no freebies if you order online.
I wasn't aware it is $10 up from MSRP until you mentioned it. Good catch. I had kept thinking it truly was 50% off. Their online 50% off sale tag did brainwash me.
dulait wrote: Two will not cut it, you need at least 4 to do what the modder did. Even at half price, $400 is a lot of money unless you are a huge lord of the rings or castle fan and a big modder.
Don't you think picking up 4 boxes of it would be cheaper than ordering parts from bricklink plus shipping charge to build that big modder? :shifty:

I went to local TRUs today and those Helm's Deep were untouched. Obviously, not many people knows about this deal. Anyway, 47% off is low enough to pull trigger and I don't expect to find a better deal for this set in the town.

fuji143
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fuji143 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 pm

they didn't have any in the richmond bc location when i went today, and there were no more goblin king battle nor mine trucks

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:50 pm

There are still 4 or 5 Helm's Deep at Metrotown.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 am

dulait wrote:50% it is not, since they overpriced it like they did with other sets, 47% off MSRP only. Also no freebies if you order online.
Instead I went after the 60 airmiles bonus (since they are no longer on ebates.ca for cashback too) and the convenience of not telling my wife I had to run to toysrus at 7pm last night when I found out about the 47% off!

If I find one in store later today or later this week, I can do a return on one of them.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 am

legohunter wrote:Thanks dulait for reporting.

I wasn't aware it is $10 up from MSRP until you mentioned it. Good catch. I had kept thinking it truly was 50% off. Their online 50% off sale tag did brainwash me.

Don't you think picking up 4 boxes of it would be cheaper than ordering parts from bricklink plus shipping charge to build that big modder? :shifty:

I went to local TRUs today and those Helm's Deep were untouched. Obviously, not many people knows about this deal. Anyway, 47% off is low enough to pull trigger and I don't expect to find a better deal for this set in the town.
You are welcome, sharing is caring.

Yes, Chapters Indigo did that to me once and that was not even a 50% off thing.

Not sure since I have yet to order pieces in bulk from bricklink. I heard it is not bad depends on the rarity of the pieces, the color, and where you are ordering from.

Yes since was not on the ad, not many people would know that it is on for 47% off, and 47% plus the bonus will bring it over 50% as I mentioned. Well worth it for those that have not got the set yet or want the pieces for modding.
ricefields wrote:
dulait wrote:50% it is not, since they overpriced it like they did with other sets, 47% off MSRP only. Also no freebies if you order online.
Instead I went after the 60 airmiles bonus (since they are no longer on ebates.ca for cashback too) and the convenience of not telling my wife I had to run to toysrus at 7pm last night when I found out about the 47% off!

If I find one in store later today or later this week, I can do a return on one of them.
Return and buy back on the spot will get you the bonues as long as they are still in stock and before next Friday.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:09 pm

good thing I bought online, no helms deep at the closest TRU store (richmond hill). Unless lego was reshelfed yesterday or early this morning, there was no spot for them so this store probably never had any around to begin with.

sneaky07
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sneaky07 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Was at Markville Mall TRU today, still had many Goblin King and Helm's Deep sets in stock. I lucked out awhile ago with the Helm's Deep set, snagged it at Walmart for $70.

Draftman
I'm New !

Post by Draftman » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:29 am

HI

Another idea (Work for me)

Go to Futureshop.ca (2 left at this time)

Call customer service and give it the web site of toysurus and will give you same price -10% of difference and free shipping.

Michel

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:45 am

since toysrus.ca is showing out of stock, is there a way to check the website for stock in store? I don't see it anywhere..

rebel
Citizen
Citizen

Post by rebel » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:55 am

legome wrote:since toysrus.ca is showing out of stock, is there a way to check the website for stock in store? I don't see it anywhere..
Call your local ones

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:20 am

sneaky07 wrote:Was at Markville Mall TRU today, still had many Goblin King and Helm's Deep sets in stock. I lucked out awhile ago with the Helm's Deep set, snagged it at Walmart for $70.
I believe the cheapest was $50-60 at a Walmart, do not recall which one but it was already out of stock then, so no luck there. And that would have been a great price to pick up 4-5 for modding too.
Draftman wrote:HI

Another idea (Work for me)

Go to Futureshop.ca (2 left at this time)

Call customer service and give it the web site of toysurus and will give you same price -10% of difference and free shipping.

Michel
Not bad, so another $7 off to make up for the Toys R Us freebies.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:18 pm

^ Will Futureshop even to that if it shows out of stock?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Draftman
I'm New !

Post by Draftman » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:42 pm

harry99 wrote:^ Will Futureshop even to that if it shows out of stock?
Yeah.. 1h after my post future shop show out of stock. :sad:

scotts
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scotts » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:56 pm

I was going to give Futureshop or Best Buy a call but they're not "supposed" to price match if a competitor is out of stock. I've been "reporting a lower price" to Amazon.ca as well in hopes that they'll lower their price.