Target Clearance (YMMV) (CAN)

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Target Canada Clearance

Post by super26 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:54 pm

legome wrote:managed to find a Constitution Train and the Shootout Lone Ranger set... not much left.. actually not much lego at all at Target.. the shelves were bare..

I did manage to get Toys R Us to Price Match the train set as well so it was $65-10% + tax.. not too shabby! My son will be spoiled on Christmas with this deal!
My TRU won't PM clearance items. They need to see a flyer. They won't price match with just a receipt.

supercal
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by supercal » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks for the tip.
Went to the Orillia location. They were still in the process of clearance stickering.

Quinjets are still $90 for whoever was asking.

I picked up the 4 small friends sets but noticed on my receipt that Andrea's bedroom was charged at full price even though it was clearance stickered at $7.49 (instead of 6.49 like the others).
Also bought
Hobbit - Riddle of the Ring $6.49
Creator - Small Cottage $14.99

and some Marvel legends Iron Man, Marvel Universe multi-packs and Iron Man titan heroes for 1/2 off as well.

dutchbillza
I'm New !

Re: Target Clearance (YMMV) (CAN)

Post by dutchbillza » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks OP('s)! Was fortunate to be able to get the last Batcave and King's Castle at my target. Also picked up the Constitution Train, Superman vs Power Armor Lex, and Creator Fierce Flyer sets.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:44 am

super26 wrote:
legome wrote:managed to find a Constitution Train and the Shootout Lone Ranger set... not much left.. actually not much lego at all at Target.. the shelves were bare..

I did manage to get Toys R Us to Price Match the train set as well so it was $65-10% + tax.. not too shabby! My son will be spoiled on Christmas with this deal!
My TRU won't PM clearance items. They need to see a flyer. They won't price match with just a receipt.

I checked the price match policy online before going.. it said you can price match with a receipt, and no where on the actual receipt does it say clearance.... so if you do manage to find any sets left, this is a good opportunity to PM.. The train is just a steal at this price with the tracks and 7 minifigures..

kiiaal
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kiiaal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:18 am

legome wrote:
super26 wrote:

I checked the price match policy online before going.. it said you can price match with a receipt, and no where on the actual receipt does it say clearance.... so if you do manage to find any sets left, this is a good opportunity to PM.. The train is just a steal at this price with the tracks and 7 minifigures..
It doesn't really matter what the receipt states. We all know that Lego is on clearance at Target (stated on the red shelf tags and red clearance price stickers on the boxes) which nullifies the PM opportunity.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:22 am

Toronadian wrote:If anyone is in the GTA and found a quinjet set for half can they message me? Seems like some have it at half some don't.
Highly likely it was an error, I saw 70505 Temple of Light with a clearance label from 60008 Museum Break-in, same price range just tagged wrong.
legome wrote:
super26 wrote:

Some managers are nice or do not give a crap, then there are those that think each pm they allow will cut into their bonuses. All depends on which one you get. Also try to be more modest when posting this, like not sounding so sure that something is easy even when in fact it is or not. Else all the scappers or hoarders will ruin everything for all of us when they price match a truck load, or price adjust a truck load of these sets. There are loads of re-sellers, and store owners lurking and posting everywhere on the net. We know who they are with their replies and posts.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:41 am

dulait wrote:
Toronadian wrote:If anyone is in the GTA and found a quinjet set for half can they message me? Seems like some have it at half some don't.
Highly likely it was an error, I saw 70505 Temple of Light with a clearance label from 60008 Museum Break-in, same price range just tagged wrong.
legome wrote:
super26 wrote:

Some managers are nice or do not give a crap, then there are those that think each pm they allow will cut into their bonuses. All depends on which one you get. Also try to be more modest when posting this, like not sounding so sure that something is easy even when in fact it is or not. Else all the scappers or hoarders will ruin everything for all of us when they price match a truck load, or price adjust a truck load of these sets. There are loads of re-sellers, and store owners lurking and posting everywhere on the net. We know who they are with their replies and posts.
What bothers me are people who dont contribute to the forum and just lurk around for deals. I dont mind posting deals when I see them so everyone in this community can benefit and I appreciate other for doing the same as well.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Well, the Orillia Target is just about cleaned out. Lots of the 4 Friends sets (regularly 12.99) and a few of the Calvary sets from the Lone Ranger. Nothing left on the shelf in the Lone Ranger section besides those. I did see one guy and his wife with a cart full of LEGO. Had I gotten there 10 minutes earlier.... Oh well.
A few of the smaller creator sets left. TONNES of Quinjets but they were not on clearance. The only City set I saw on clearance was the Museum Break In, they had about 5 of them. They had one blue carrying case with base plate, but I bought that since LEGO.com cancelled that one out of my black Friday order.

I know its sacrilege to mention Mega Bloks on this part of the forum but they had some of the Skylanders sets on half price. I got the Crusher pirate ship set and they had one of the $110 Castle sets for $55 so I bought it. My sons are going to have an awesome Skylanders Christmas.

So, I got only 2 of the Cavalry builder sets for myself, some Friends sets for the nieces, and the Mega Bloks and the case for my boys. Would have been nice to find the King's Castle, or a Train set, but I can't complain.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

encoree
I'm New !

Post by encoree » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Langley, BC, I managed to find 2 sets a Hobbit and City one, all other are normal price, no more Friends on sale left.

supercal
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by supercal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:26 pm

hatcher wrote:Well, the Orillia Target is just about cleaned out. Lots of the 4 Friends sets (regularly 12.99) and a few of the Calvary sets from the Lone Ranger. Nothing left on the shelf in the Lone Ranger section besides those. I did see one guy and his wife with a cart full of LEGO. Had I gotten there 10 minutes earlier.... Oh well.
A few of the smaller creator sets left. TONNES of Quinjets but they were not on clearance. The only City set I saw on clearance was the Museum Break In, they had about 5 of them. They had one blue carrying case with base plate, but I bought that since LEGO.com cancelled that one out of my black Friday order.

I know its sacrilege to mention Mega Bloks on this part of the forum but they had some of the Skylanders sets on half price. I got the Crusher pirate ship set and they had one of the $110 Castle sets for $55 so I bought it. My sons are going to have an awesome Skylanders Christmas.

So, I got only 2 of the Cavalry builder sets for myself, some Friends sets for the nieces, and the Mega Bloks and the case for my boys. Would have been nice to find the King's Castle, or a Train set, but I can't complain.
I was there last night. They were just putting prices on a lot of it and moving it to the aisle for clearance. No trains or castles there, though I think they may have had the Lone Ranger bank set in addition to the cavalry. Attack of the Wargs was there and some city/creator stuff may not have been stickered yet. The only thing different I picked up was the small cottage for $15.

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legoeggo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:49 pm

These clearances are pretty good for us, I usually pick up one or two of each set I like as long as there's still at least one left on the shelf. But I have to admit, if I was running Target I wouldn't be slashing by 50%. The aisles were practically empty even before the sale, they could have easily sold most of the stock without clearance or at least waited a while. Even at 25% they probably would have sold out. I really hope they stay in business, cause these sales are awesome.

On a side note, the only other thing I pick up at target are their frozen pizzas (also on sale) they are really good (imported from Italy I believe)

pdaaat
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pdaaat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:03 pm

The one in Stratford was pretty much already picked over by the time I got there. Got one of each of the 2 sets that were half off - High Speed Chase and Tanker.

They did have Batcaves to though come to think of it.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:13 pm

With all these sales, I dont know what we can expect when boxing day comes. Hoping that Walmart have a massive clearance on their lego sets by then.

Speaking about clearance, I was looking at Walmart.ca and saw that they had a "clearance" on set 4439 (Police - Heavy-lift Helicopter for $50. Doesnt seem like a clearance when Target has it for $32

connor32997
Citizen
Citizen

Post by connor32997 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 pm

When do the Target Clarence deals in the US start?

connor32997
Citizen
Citizen

Post by connor32997 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:21 pm

super26 wrote:With all these sales, I dont know what we can expect when boxing day comes. Hoping that Walmart have a massive clearance on their lego sets by then.

Speaking about clearance, I was looking at Walmart.ca and saw that they had a "clearance" on set 4439 (Police - Heavy-lift Helicopter for $50. Doesnt seem like a clearance when Target has it for $32

The Heavy Lift Helicopter is normally $50, so it wasn't discounted! Walmart does this alot so you have to know what you are looking for and the list prices!

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Walmart has nothing on Target now. And Toys R Us is now just pathetic in comparison.

Welcome back Zellers, I missed you. Even if you have an ugly American name and logo now.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:25 am

connor32997 wrote:
super26 wrote:With all these sales, I dont know what we can expect when boxing day comes. Hoping that Walmart have a massive clearance on their lego sets by then.

The Heavy Lift Helicopter is normally $50, so it wasn't discounted! Walmart does this alot so you have to know what you are looking for and the list prices!
Remember, this is a Canadian thread. In Canada the original price for that set was $65. They have had the set on clearance in Canadian Walmarts for $50 for a while though it seems.

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:07 am

Wish I had more cash, as my local Target still had a number of these 50% off sets.

I did pick up the Series 2 Friends animal sets:

41020 Hedgehog's Hideaway
41021 Poodle's Little Palace
41022 Bunny's Hutch

which were $1.79 -- 70% off retail!

--
Marc.

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legoeggo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:43 am

fleury wrote:Wish I had more cash, as my local Target still had a number of these 50% off sets.

I did pick up the Series 2 Friends animal sets:

41020 Hedgehog's Hideaway
41021 Poodle's Little Palace
41022 Bunny's Hutch

which were $1.79 -- 70% off retail!
--
Marc.
They don't have any of those in Ottawa, I would so love to grab some. I have 3 sisters who are into Friends :cry: Do any Targets in Toronto still have those?

Brick75T
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Brick75T » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:59 am

Not that it helps you much, but they had a few small Friends sets left at 50% in Saint John, New Brunswick. I picked up four as birthday presents for whenever my daughter is invited to one of her friends' birthdays.

And one for a toy drive :)

They also seemed to have missed one Galaxy Squad set in the clearance... they have like 8 boxes left of that at full price.