What's your latest customization?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Zachyd
I'm New !

What's your latest customization?

Post by Zachyd » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:16 pm

I decided that the stableizers on the technic 42008 weren't well thought out, they could not touch the ground and were to low and kept on catching the stuff on the floor. So I spent most the day yesterday designing this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zachyd
I'm New !

Re: What's your latest customization?

Post by Zachyd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:26 pm

I take it no one has been customizing of late?

yeti79
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by yeti79 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:52 am

I did a small customization to the centipede from 70709 Galactic Titan. With the original design the red eye pieces would fall out every time it was grabbed. I really wanted it to have a mouth. Probably going to change the grill piece to a black slope when I get one.
DSCN2532.JPG
DSCN2530.JPG
DSCN2531.JPG
I also made a very minor customization on the bugs from 70707 Eradicator Mech. Just made is so they could carry a buggoid. I also added an extra set of legs for these and for 70700 Space Swarmer.
DSCN2533.JPG
DSCN2534.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:10 pm

I did a couple of customization recently.

Added a tender and passenger car to Emerald Express in the colour of Emerald Night.

Emerald Express Additions by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Added a driver's seat and wheel to 8854 Power Crane's empty cab.

8854 Power Crane by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Zachyd
I'm New !

Post by Zachyd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Wow those are awsome :clap:

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:32 am

DSCF4953.JPG
A customized version of the Lego 4892 Triceratops with multiple modifications which include but are not limited to: using axles instead of pins to connect eyes, using axles instead of pins to connect the two top horns, using a newer larger nose horn and mounting, altering the side chest, altering the armor around the back of the mouth, extending the length and height of the head, enlarging the beak, using *cheese wedges* for the toe nails/claws, altering some colors of come parts, adding tile to smooth out the top of the tail.

The rear legs each have two jointed sockets, while the front legs have one jointed socket and one hinged joint. The torso/body is built along two hinged joints, the head is mounted on one jointed socket. The tail is using three jointed hinges. The mouth is hinged on a smooth axle. The side rear neck shields are mounted is hinged on a smooth axle.