A Fresh New Perspective.

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: A Fresh New Perspective.

Post by stevebuscemi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:19 pm

For higher quality products, you can go for Mega Bloks or KRE-O.
I'll call shens, but it I hope it's not. I've put together Mega Bloks sets and I'm actually a bit impressed at them....IF...a big IF, you consider the price which should be a fraction of LEGO. You get some unique bricks, although mixing LEGO/MB does seem immoral to me, lol.

1) Bloated piece counts and 2) I think LEGO's quality has decreased greatly. Too many Chinese factories making LEGO now. Playmobil, another LEGO competitor, only manufactures stuff in Europe and they have much higher quality while being at the same price point as LEGO. Not really apples to apples, Playmobil has more playability is is more Friends-like, small small pieces, not a building toy.

But with LEGO bloating piece counts (new Sandcrawler vs. old 10144 one) and brick quality and color issues, it has left me more open to some of the more interesting Mega Block sets like the deal some of us got on the Halo ship for $170 (#97117, 2900 pieces).

Can't say I'd want kids playing with sets like Best Lock though, lol. Although I think that set is a joke in the OP.

Francfurters
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Francfurters » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Ahh... April Fools joke I'm assuming? I actually believed it until I read the part when the site will start to include non-building block products such as Hotwheels and Barbie. :lol: GG

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:05 pm

This is good. Now I have a place for my Megablok Hello Kitty. :lol:

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Im actually a Playmobil fan. My daughter loved the farm based stuff.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:48 am

I think the banner on the website still needs to be updated to:

Toys N Bricks
A Midi-Size LEGO, Mega Bloks, & KRE-O Community with coverage of LEGO, Mega Bloks & KRE-O Sales, News, MOCs and Reviews

:-D

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:51 pm

I like it that you also changed the forum headings to reflect this announcement.

I was almost afraid that I can't find any forum to post on LEGO stuff since everything is now labeled KRE-O and MEGABLOK.

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Mrbill317 wrote:Im actually a Playmobil fan. My daughter loved the farm based stuff.
I like Playmobil too! Sometimes I collect their blind packs Playmobild F?gures.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Draug wrote:Heh ... good one!

Are those beach house imposter sets actually real??? Unbelievable how close they are to the LEGO Beach House.
Yup, they sure are!
Francfurters wrote:Ahh... April Fools joke I'm assuming? I actually believed it until I read the part when the site will start to include non-building block products such as Hotwheels and Barbie. :lol: GG
Mega Bloks does make Hot Wheels and Barbie building toys With the recent Mattel takeover of Mega Bloks, I can already see even more Mattel brands turned into Mega Bloks. I'm looking forward to Mega Bloks Polly Pocket, Mega Bloks Fisher Price and lots more! :lol:
byobu wrote: I was almost afraid that I can't find any forum to post on LEGO stuff since everything is now labeled KRE-O and MEGABLOK.
LOL

mindbox
I'm New !

Post by mindbox » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:04 am

I've literally just joined the site, But this sounds like a great idea, my kids have as much kreo and megobloks as they have lego, So this would be a perfect forum for me with the inclusion of those brands.

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:21 am

I too love the farm based stuff. You did a great job by changing the forum headings to reflect this announcement. Thanks.