LEGO as piñata filler

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

LEGO as piñata filler

Post by Nepenthe7 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Has anyone put mini figures (CMF) in a piñata? I was thinking of doing it, but don't want to damage the figures.

condor
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO as piñata filler

Post by condor » Fri May 30, 2014 5:41 am

That sounds like a cool idea! I don't think they will get any more damaged than those in a used pile of bricks. I think they will be fine, and I don't think the kids will care if they have some very slight marks :-)

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 pm

How about putting them in those bubbles you get from vending machines? You could even get smaller ones so you could split the hair/head/torso/pants so the kids could create their own figure. I haven't looked into pricing but I doubt those plastic balls are expensive.

EDIT: About 7.00 for 100 (could be cheaper-that was the first link I found)
http://www.wholesalevendingproducts.com ... p1inch.htm
Jared

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Sat May 31, 2014 6:47 pm

legogod wrote:How about putting them in those bubbles you get from vending machines? You could even get smaller ones so you could split the hair/head/torso/pants so the kids could create their own figure. I haven't looked into pricing but I doubt those plastic balls are expensive.

EDIT: About 7.00 for 100 (could be cheaper-that was the first link I found)
http://www.wholesalevendingproducts.com ... p1inch.htm
Jared
Good idea. Along the same lines, you can also use those small zip top bags like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-2-x3-ZIPLOC ... 338695a1b3

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:36 am

I don't think it will damage the figures. It is a good idea instead. Try and share the images.

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:28 pm

So, the minifigures were safe inside the pinata. The kids were excited and it was fun for them to trade on the spot. I would recommend to anyone thinking to do it. The packages are a good size and I had found them on clearance, and it's better than giving out too much candy.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:54 am

^ That's great! I'm sure that party was the talk of the school the next day ;-) (unless they're already out for summer by you).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:28 pm

What a fun idea! I'd just worry about the crush of kids trying to get the minifigures! :mrgreen: I agree that as a parent i think it is much better than candy!

I'm glad it worked well, I'll have to keep it in mind for future parties.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:14 am

Nepenthe7 wrote:So, the minifigures were safe inside the pinata. The kids were excited and it was fun for them to trade on the spot. I would recommend to anyone thinking to do it. The packages are a good size and I had found them on clearance, and it's better than giving out too much candy.
Thanks for updating - we've had two years of LEGO birthday parties already. It's definitely good information to have!

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:03 am

melsig wrote:
Nepenthe7 wrote:So, the minifigures were safe inside the pinata. The kids were excited and it was fun for them to trade on the spot. I would recommend to anyone thinking to do it. The packages are a good size and I had found them on clearance, and it's better than giving out too much candy.
Thanks for updating - we've had two years of LEGO birthday parties already. It's definitely good information to have!

In this case, the kids were in the 4-10 year old range. I don't know if it would really make a difference. Some of the ring pops were broken. Packages of Trident gum were fine, as were bags of fruit snacks (like gummy bears).

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Nepenthe7 wrote: In this case, the kids were in the 4-10 year old range. I don't know if it would really make a difference. Some of the ring pops were broken. Packages of Trident gum were fine, as were bags of fruit snacks (like gummy bears).
We're in the same age range. My son has juvenile diabetes, so we don't do candy at all - it would have to be bricks and minifigs - although as you mention, fruit snacks would work okay... Hmm...

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:48 pm

melsig, I have always thought it would be fun to fill a pinata with Superballs. Could you imagine when it is broken open? :mrgreen: :shock:

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:06 pm

atmail35 wrote:melsig, I have always thought it would be fun to fill a pinata with Superballs. Could you imagine when it is broken open? :mrgreen: :shock:

Oh my God, that's a hilarious idea! My husband would kill me...

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:48 am

melsig wrote:
atmail35 wrote:melsig, I have always thought it would be fun to fill a pinata with Superballs. Could you imagine when it is broken open? :mrgreen: :shock:

Oh my God, that's a hilarious idea! My husband would kill me...
:mrgreen:

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:06 pm

My parents put in minifigs in a piñata when I was little. They wrapped each one in tissue paper so they wouldn't get ruined. It was fun!