Stolen/missing minifigures from online order? (Toys R Us Can

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Stolen/missing minifigures from online order? (Toys R Us Can

Post by autobrick » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Hello all,

Last week I placed an order for Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown (76005) at the Toys R Us Canada website during the sale last week (link to thread), which finally arrived today.

The first thing that struck me was that the shipping label wasn't stuck on properly, but I didn't think much of it. When I opened the package I noticed the packing slip was missing. I took a closer look at the set and noticed that the seals on one side looked like they were double-taped. Fearing the worst, I opened the set immediately from the other end (which looked fine).

Inside, three out of five bags were opened, with all five minifigures from the set missing. There are only five bags: one #2, one #3, two #4 and one #5. There's no bag #1 (completely missing?) and one sticker from the sticker sheet is missing. :down:

It's not very easy to see, but this end has clearly been double-taped.

Also difficult to see, but here you can see how the bags were slit open and the minifigs removed.

The bottom right sticker is missing. This I don't understand. What kind of scumbag steals a single sticker and not the whole sheet? :crazy:

I checked TRU's return policy, and it states that a packing slip is required for any return. This leads me to the possibility that somebody at the warehouse opened the set up and intentionally left out the packing slip to make it difficult to return (and trace). Or maybe I'm just overthinking this and it's just a pilfered return that got past the returns department and the missing packing slip was just a coincidence.

Either way, I have to say this is very disappointing. I've heard of minifigs being stolen from new sets sold in-store, but not from sets sold online through reputable stores like Toys R Us.

I've contacted customer service and will post an update when I receive a reply.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Stolen/missing minifigures from online order? (Toys R Us

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:19 pm

I'm guessing that no one stole the sticker, it fell off when someone stole the mini figures. I have that set and the sticker sheet was destroyed.

It was most likely bought and then returned after the person stole the mini figures.

Go to a local TRU and get loud if they don't give you what you want. Bring a copy of your order just to prove you bought it recently, even if it's just a copy of a screenshot.

I'd also email LEGO your problem and tell them to glue the boxes again.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Go to Toys "R" Us and buy another set just like the first one and return the first one with the receipt and tell them it was opened it was like that it's missing stuff inside.
VENI VIDI VICI

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:38 pm

lordoflego wrote:Go to Toys "R" Us and buy another set just like the first one and return the first one with the receipt and tell them it was opened it was like that it's missing stuff inside.
BINGO!!! Man, I thought thieves stop doing this sh@t. I remember in 2011, it was really bad. I think the best thing is to order a new sticker sheet from LEGO and ask for the missing figs. I've asked for new sticker sheets when mine were bent from moving back and forth in the box.

It's a real mood killer when you see things like that when you are super hyped about building a set.

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:28 pm

I've had tampered boxes before and LEGO replaced the missing pieces for free. Call customer service. I haven't had shipped boxes in that condition, but ones from the store. Sometimes, I felt like the seal was perfect, but after opening, there were missing pieces.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 pm

LEGO keeps track of if you ask for a lot of mini figures. I'd tell LEGO and tell TRU, so both parties can work on fixing these issues.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:49 pm

I've busy recently so replying slipped my mind but I ended up returning the set via post (TRU sent a label). Apparently the missing packing slip was not a problem.

I guess the lesson here is to always double check your sets as soon as you get them, although I'm sure buying direct from Lego S@H is safe.

alexb54
Citizen
Citizen

Post by alexb54 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:22 pm

A couple years ago I bought the LEGO Death Star from Amazon's Warehouse Deals and all the minifigs had been removed when I received it. Such a disappointment :(. Amazon did graciously have UPS pick it up from my home and fully refund me. I know your pain!

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LegoImagination » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:06 am

Seems to me that maybe TRU took a return and didn't notice it had been resealed, or the store didn't mark as opened. It then was sent back to a main TRU shipping point. They then thought it was new and sent it out. Hopefully if a customer did the initial pilfering, they will know which customer. I am glad TRU fixed their mistake rather than Lego fixing TRUs problem.

Legomaniac
I'm New !

Post by Legomaniac » Sun May 03, 2015 11:04 am

That is weird and very unprofessional, especially coming from a big brand store like TRU. In addition, I would ask for compensation of sorts for your troubles and mental distress the situation is causing you, perhaps a percentage of discount while fulfilling your order correctly. I call it "major" because if it happened to me I would be very upset. When that shipment arrives, you're excited, you want to get right to it and then you notice something is at odds. Then your suspicions prove true.

This almost happened to me as I ordered Lego set 6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape. When it arrived I noticed the tape on one side wasn't re-taped but it appeared to have been opened and repositioned. The other end was actually opened with tape, appearing not to be opened but, simply just pealed back. I dumped everything out and was relieved that everything was okay, including stickers and instructions. I reexamined the pealed back tape and it appeared to just have been old tape that must have just detached, possibly thru the shipping process. Hopefully you get this "major" problem resolved.