Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Trailer

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Trailer

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:29 pm

The upcoming 2016 DC Comics Movie trailer has been released! Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie will be in theatres on March 25, 2016. Check out the new trailer below. Looks like we'll be getting more Super Heroes LEGO sets in the future! Thanks to emazers for contacting us with the news.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/batman-v-superma ... r-release/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Trailer

Post by jmeninno » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:04 am

I hope you're right!!! (You probably are) :)

I'm still holding out for several Batman minifigs: Killer Croc/Solomon Grundy bigfigs, Firefly, Clayface, Ventriloquist with Scarface...Alfred...Ra's al Ghul...pretty much anyone who is synonymous with Batman and/or specifically used in Lego Batman 3 in particular...

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 am

Oh, I just can't get into the DC Cineverse, they reached their pinnacle with TDK (after only two movies) and took a nose-dive starting with TDKR. I didn't see MoS because it looked like absolutely no fun, and this looks like even less fun. I don't know why WB and Snyder can't wrap their heads around the fact that Superman is supposed to be uplifting and positive, not an allegory for xenophobia. He may be an alien but he was raised on Earth, by humans, to understand what it is to be human.

Superman and Batman are at their best when they are two sides of the same coin: Superman the optimistic, colorful ideal - Batman the gritty, urban warrior. Two people with diametrically differing opinions on how to achieve the same goal: Keeping good people safe from harm, who eventually learn to coexist while not necessarily agreeing on every point - at which point they can keep each other in check.

Everything in this trailer is so washed-out and gray, it's like you (and WB and Snyder) can't tell the real difference between the two heroes. Take a look at the difference between the Timm/Dini Batman animated series vs. their Superman series. Same design style, but vastly different color palettes, story lines and themes - because THEY GOT IT! They understood the difference between the two heroes, and when they DID cross paths, it was incredibly successfully pulled off.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:58 pm

vynsane wrote:Oh, I just can't get into the DC Cineverse, they reached their pinnacle with TDK (after only two movies) and took a nose-dive starting with TDKR. I didn't see MoS because it looked like absolutely no fun, and this looks like even less fun. I don't know why WB and Snyder can't wrap their heads around the fact that Superman is supposed to be uplifting and positive, not an allegory for xenophobia. He may be an alien but he was raised on Earth, by humans, to understand what it is to be human.

Superman and Batman are at their best when they are two sides of the same coin: Superman the optimistic, colorful ideal - Batman the gritty, urban warrior. Two people with diametrically differing opinions on how to achieve the same goal: Keeping good people safe from harm, who eventually learn to coexist while not necessarily agreeing on every point - at which point they can keep each other in check.

Everything in this trailer is so washed-out and gray, it's like you (and WB and Snyder) can't tell the real difference between the two heroes. Take a look at the difference between the Timm/Dini Batman animated series vs. their Superman series. Same design style, but vastly different color palettes, story lines and themes - because THEY GOT IT! They understood the difference between the two heroes, and when they DID cross paths, it was incredibly successfully pulled off.
Why would you come onto a Lego forum & bash Warner Bros/DC Comics cinematic universe? This post was about the fact we can expect some great sets in the future to include iconic figures such as Lex, Supes, Iron Batsuit, and for Suicide Squad many others. I for one am a huge DC fan. I think all of Marvels movies (except Iron Man 1, and Daredevil series) are basically live action cartoons for kids. But that doesn't belong on this site. What does belong? The fact that I'm so ecstatic both Marvel and DC have become such huge players for our kids generation. I hope Lego continues to branch out, character wise, for both universes.

FYI Snyder is making HIS interpretation of Superman, you shouldn't judge, he's only one movie and IMO it was a fantastic series starter much like iron man 1. If you don't enjoy their live action movies, they do release 3 animated movies every year that are, generally speaking, top notch.

Sorry you can't "get into the DC universe Lego" because of one movie and a trailer... I have every DC set and a few Marvel as well. Long live comic books!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm not sure why you think we can only discuss LEGO here, the post includes the trailer itself.

Full disclosure, I am a Marvel fanboy through and through, so I am biased and I completely own up to that. That said, it doesn't mean I don't enjoy DC characters - I already mentioned I absolutely loved the Timm/Dini series' and also really loved Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I've collected DC titles in the past and really enjoyed The Dark Knight (not a huge fan of Batman Begins and I thought The Dark Knight Rises was abysmal). I was watching both Gotham and The Flash, though I've recently fallen behind and episodes I missed have since fallen off Hulu.

I actually have a great love for both of the characters in this movie - but that's the problem - at least one of the characters is being, in my opinion, mishandled. The Superman of MoS and BvS is just not the Superman that I know. And it's not the Superman I want to know. I don't see why I'm not allowed to judge this interpretation against the plethora of other interpretations I've encountered. To me, the perfect version of Superman is from Morisson's and Quietly's All-Star Superman, for example. The bottom line is I want to enjoy DC movies, I do have an affinity for these characters. The movies they're making are just not enjoyable to me and completely miss the mark in terms of characterization as I know them.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Let's get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:22 pm

It's not the fact we can't discuss other topics than Lego. I just don't see the point in saying everything negative on your mind at first.. It's not really discussing at that point. The movie isn't out yet, and will be the only the second installment. TDK series isn't related. I feel as though after admitting you are biased from the get go.. kinda ruins what you have to say, because well.. It's biased lol. I took this post as saying, "hey! Lego is most likely going to have some cool sets based off future DC assets." I respect your opinion, I too think of Superman the Animated series as the "go to" Superman. But just as I respect your opinion of not liking anything about it, due to an open mind (again not saying you aren't) but I'm also open minded to Snyder's interpretation of the character. Again, I hope this is a friendly debate as I don't mean to push buttons. Also, I didn't notice I was arguing with a mod ;) lol

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:13 pm

I don't mean to detract from anyone's enjoyment of MoS and BvS, and I absolutely respect your, and anyone else's, right to like them - I'm just venting my frustration on how I think they're mismanaging the characters based on what I know and love about them. I also think they could film these movies in color, that technology has been around for nearly a century now ;-)

And don't worry about arguing with a mod. Just because I can ban you for petty reasons doesn't mean I will... maybe... :evil: :eek: :razz:

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Haha, well I hope you still go see it and love it regardless! And MoS had great color! The Krypton opening scene was magical

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Hmmm... I have mixed feelings about it. I love the tension between Batman and Superman that has appeared in animated shows and comics. I agree with what someone else said earlier about how Batman and Superman work well together despite their differences. True Superman was raised as a human on Earth but I could see how a story could be made about society fearing him. Societies fear of the unknown or those that are different is a central theme in X-men comics. It will be exciting to see the two face off. I'm very curious as to how it will end. I'm not happy about a certain someone being cast as the role of ...

I would much prefer a Justice League movie over a Batman and Superman rumble. Fingers crossed that the future JLA movie is made (last I heard it was still in production or at least being planned). Rumors are floating around that Justice League DARK may not happen. That would have been very interesting.

I am hoping to see more and more DC minifigs. I prefer DC over Marvel and there are so many characters that I would love to see in LEGO form.