ML Cad part library update?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

ML Cad part library update?

Post by backbencher » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Been using ML CAD 3.40 for a couple of years now, have it mostly figured out. Looking for a couple of parts that I'm not finding in the parts library - is there an update?

Specifically looking for a 2x2 plate or tile w/ a vertical hole through it. The closest I'm coming is the 4x6 plate - crud - just realized they're probably in the Technic library. N/m, answered my own question.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: ML Cad part library update?

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:44 pm

MLCAD uses the LDraw parts data base. The parts are regularly updated, and you can find the most recent updates here: http://www.ldraw.org/parts/latest-parts.html
Usually, to install the update, all one needs to do is unzip the .zip file in the proper place and then restart MLCAD.

If you have the physical part and struggle to find it in MLCAD, you can use the part number printed on the base or inside the part. Once you have the number, right click in the CAD area and select 'Add'->'Part', select 'custom part', and then enter the part number. I use this approach a lot---its sometimes easier than searching through the parts list.

HTH

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: ML Cad part library update?

Post by backbencher » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Thanks.