LEGO Class Party

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

LEGO Class Party

Post by Nepenthe7 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:46 am

We were trying to plan something involving LEGO to do at the Halloween Class Party. Budget is limited to about $2 a student. Does anyone have any ideas?

StClair
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Class Party

Post by StClair » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Nepenthe7 wrote:We were trying to plan something involving LEGO to do at the Halloween Class Party. Budget is limited to about $2 a student. Does anyone have any ideas?
That's tough. $4 wouldn't be so bad but $2 is very tough. Just a few ideas...
Ordering through Bricks and Pieces (see this link for help .. viewtopic.php?f=82&t=13048 )

You may be able to create a slightly generic minfig for just over $2. For quick help finding parts for minifigures I suggest using the following for DESIGN ID's or DESIGN NUMBERS:
torso - 76382 (about 70cents - 83 cents each)
legs - 73200 (about 62 cents each)
classic head - 9336
Lots of other heads can be found if you have the time to search sets to see what is available.
Here's a boy head 23094 (about 25 cents each)
Here's a girl head 16150 (about 25 cents each)

Without hair or accessories the head, torso and legs would cost you about $1.70 each. You could order a cap instead of a hairpiece or order different hairpieces. You can enter the set # for the fairground mixer set and find quite a few different hairpieces. Set number is 10244.

The husky dog from the Arctic explorers sets cost about $1.80 but thats just a dog for each student.

Hope that helps. I wish i could help more. I'm very curious what others have to suggest.

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:55 am

You can design a small build using parts from the PAB wall. Maybe a ghost? These parts will be available for the new pick-a-models in October:
Then fill up a large PAB cup with enough parts for a class set, maybe print some instructions using LDD, and package them in sandwich baggies or treat bags from the dollar store.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Does everyone have to take it home? Is this to fulfill some educational purpose or is it just for fun? If it doesn't have to go home you could just bring in bricks and let them collaborate on making something, sort of like the serious play concept. Or if you're doing something for fun maybe make and give out lego gummies? I've seen many recipes online. I also like pumpkin ecks suggestion of the pick a brick wall. I'm wondering if it's frowned upon to fill your cup with those build a model parts, since the cup is way cheaper than the build a model if you want many of the same model, i imagine it would be good for party favors.