2016 Nuremberg German Toy Fair - LEGO Set Pictures Revealed!

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2016 Nuremberg German Toy Fair - LEGO Set Pictures Revealed!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:07 pm

The 2016 German Nuremberg International Toy Fair is well underway and many new LEGO set images are now surfacing! Zusammengebaut, a German site is providing coverage and below are some of the pictures taken at the Toy Fair.

Giant Nexo Knights LEGO Figures Nuremberg International Toy Fair 2016

LEGO City 60134 Park Life Set 2016

Interesting New LEGO City Minifigures (wheelchair and baby stroller!)

LEGO Architecture Buckingham Palace 21029 and Capitol 21030 German Toy Fair 2016

LEGO Technic Porsche Car Set 42056

LEGO Friends Ferris Wheel, Puppy Care and 41126 Horse Riding Club

LEGO Mixels Series 7 Sets 2016 Blue, Green and Red German Toy Fair 2016

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/2016-nuremberg-g ... -revealed/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2016 Nuremberg German Toy Fair - LEGO Set Pictures Revea

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:29 am

These aren't really themes I collect but there are some great sets there.

That might be the best wave of Friends set ever. The roller coaster, ferris wheel and stable all look fantastic.

Great looking technic sets. The giant excavator looks pretty amazing. Porsche etc all look like very nicely done models.

The detail in that Spider-Man bridge set is super (though the car does seem very tiny compared to the figures).

I like the idea of a volcano based city theme. I like the red spheres used as lava bubbles...to bad the volcano itself is so small. It looks tiny next to that giant truck that comes with it. It has potential but I'm not sure if this is designed as well as it could have been.

I wonder what the piece count is of the Capitol building? It looks very large for an architecture set. They have really been improving the detail in that theme recently.

Overall these look pretty great. I'm looking forward to NYTF so we can get more info. The London and German toy fairs are always such a tease.

MrDisco
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MrDisco » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:44 am

Love the Porsche!

anyone have pics for the new Excavator?

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Definitely agree with Lego the Hutt. Some themes I don't normally partake in, but...LEGO BABY? Amusement park stuffs? A Marvel set that looks really intriguing? (I know, low blow, but I'm a hardcore Batman fan...:) )

mickey223
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mickey223 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Did anyone else notice the minifigure in the wheelchair?

Lego has really stepped up their game. I know a friend of the family is going to be super excited to have a Lego like him.

legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legolebowski » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:19 pm

mickey223 wrote:Did anyone else notice the minifigure in the wheelchair?
I did notice that he has light flesh hands for some reason, and kind of looks like Jesse Pinkman.
But back to your post, yeah that is cool that Lego made that figure/wheelchair build. And the wheelchair build is a nice clean build. Not clunky.
EDIT: hmm, closer look - is the wheelchair even a build or is the body of it one piece/mold with the wheels attached to it?

Some good stuff with that set. By the way that park set has an amazing minfig count for a set. A nice set for populating any town MOC.

I like the old man's sweater. And is that a new element/piece on the hot dog cart- a hot dog bun? Nice. About time (unless it's already been around. Don't think I've seen it).

Also, where are all those Marvel images everyone is seeing? I.e. the Spider-man bridge....

CraigV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CraigV » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:50 pm

mickey223
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mickey223 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:24 am

legolebowski wrote:
mickey223 wrote:Did anyone else notice the minifigure in the wheelchair?
I did notice that he has light flesh hands for some reason, and kind of looks like Jesse Pinkman.
But back to your post, yeah that is cool that Lego made that figure/wheelchair build. And the wheelchair build is a nice clean build. Not clunky.
EDIT: hmm, closer look - is the wheelchair even a build or is the body of it one piece/mold with the wheels attached to it?

Some good stuff with that set. By the way that park set has an amazing minfig count for a set. A nice set for populating any town MOC.

I like the old man's sweater. And is that a new element/piece on the hot dog cart- a hot dog bun? Nice. About time (unless it's already been around. Don't think I've seen it).

Also, where are all those Marvel images everyone is seeing? I.e. the Spider-man bridge....
I noticed the hands as well...and there are several new elements in this set. The wheelchair is one piece mold, yet the baby stroller is a build. The hot dog bun also shows up in the new friends amusement park set as well.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Finally a roller coaster! But the rails are limited and height disappointing. I still want it as I've been asking for it. I hope this set does well so they will eventually make a full coaster with a loop and optional build of corkscrew. Maybe they can't pull off the complicated build that K'nex has. It would be pricey to say the least.

With wheelchair piece addressed, is shopping cart the next special piece around the corner?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:50 pm

There are lots of various sets that are looking interesting to me from different themes. Being a big fan of DC characters (and Marvel too) I'm posting a few pics that I've found from the Nuremberg German Toy Fair. I found them at http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-nurembe ... more-20040
lego_spi_767241280979_2462324992569976478_o.jpg
lego_spi_325_4669295924799349854_o.jpg
lego_spi_bats_4854593551_59677471740957590_o.jpg
lego_spiderman_407946829_4246371748219945339_o.jpg
Lego_Spi_3_7828763952893346890_o.jpg
Lego_spi_1280167_1552911975947110877_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:56 pm

Beauty & the Beast was always one of my favorite Disney films so I was very curious to see this one. Here's the pics that I found at http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-nurembe ... more-20040
Lego_spi_063_2512750478189161335_o.jpg
Lego_spi_64574730_5203718761394165117_o.jpg
Overall not as excited about it as I had hoped but it may have some cool parts. I really wanted a less pink castle (and larger). I have no idea what price it will be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:06 pm

I really like some of the new Nexo Knights sets coming out. It looks like a fun theme and the minifigures are producing fun parts for fantasy fans. The City Volcano approach is fresh but not really my thing. I do really like the new Creator RV. Hoping its in the $30 range.

Echoing others... I really like that they are finally producing a wheelchair and the baby minifig. Not sure what to think about the baby completely yet though. I like that that set (with lots of city minifigures) has both the baby, wheelchair, sweater torso (that someone else pointed out) and some not so common hairpieces. There's a white hairpiece like the grey one used in the granny CMF. Also the new Black Widow hairpiece (forgot what color that it was).

I think I'll pass on a lot of the Superhero sets (mainly because of budgeting). I'm really excited about the Scarecrow combine set. Combine build looks cool. I want to see better pics of Scarecrow minifigure. It looks like he has the new hat used with the witch from Halloween CMF. That's great! Killer Moth looks good. I didn't know that they are making Blue Beetle. He looks good. I'm worried about the size of the Batman helicopter though. I really don't need another helicopter and its big... guessing it will drive the price up. Although I really like the Katana minifigure I think I may pass on the Killer Croc set. Of the Marvel sets the Spiderman bridge set looks like a winner. Many may still want Green Goblin (not sure if he is different than the Junior version yet), and it doesn't have lots of already produced minifigures. There are a lot of new ones.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:47 pm

jmeninno wrote: A Marvel set that looks really intriguing? (I know, low blow, but I'm a hardcore Batman fan...:) )
Yeah because the Batman sets have been super intriguing throughout the years. Just groundbreaking! :lol:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:04 pm

The Spider-man sets are awesome! Finally, White Tiger! Scarlet Spider! Ultimate Spider-girl! Kraven the Hunter! I also love that we're getting Goblins of both the Green and Hob varieties.

I believe that's Captain Stacy, Gwen Stacy's father, in the boat.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:13 pm

Actually, that Marvel bridge set does look really, really good. Hence my sarcasm in that last post. I'm tempted to buy it and modify it for Gotham City lol...but in all honesty, I watched the 90's animated Spider-Man series on FOX, and it was an awesome series. The entire set looks great and I'm happy for the Marvel fans out there (or those with enough cash to survive this Lego year) lol

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Stumbled upon pics of the DC Superhero minifigures Scarecrow, Katana, Red Hood, Captain Boomerang and Blue Beetle at this link http://www.brickheroes.com/2016/01/nouv ... -minifigs/ According to the article the pics came from videos of (different link) https://www.youtube.com/user/spieletest/videos

Same site also has some up close pics of Marvel minifigures such as White Tiger and others (5th picture down) at this link http://www.brickheroes.com/2016/01/nure ... utes-2016/

Katana and Captain Boomerang look even better than I expected. I may have to get those as well.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:23 pm

vynsane wrote:The Spider-man sets are awesome! Finally, White Tiger! Scarlet Spider! Ultimate Spider-girl! Kraven the Hunter! I also love that we're getting Goblins of both the Green and Hob varieties.

I believe that's Captain Stacy, Gwen Stacy's father, in the boat.
I haven't even been collecting all of the spiderman minifigures (focusing more on Justice League... Daily Bugle set was an exception for me) but these really excite me. I'll have to buy some of them. I think my favorites are Kraven, Green Goblin and Hobgoblin. Vulture looks well done also. I'll probably have to get White Tiger also.

I think you're right about Captain Stacy. Thanks!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:43 pm

jmeninno wrote:Actually, that Marvel bridge set does look really, really good. Hence my sarcasm in that last post. I'm tempted to buy it and modify it for Gotham City lol...but in all honesty, I watched the 90's animated Spider-Man series on FOX, and it was an awesome series. The entire set looks great and I'm happy for the Marvel fans out there (or those with enough cash to survive this Lego year) lol
I'm just glad to see another set that isn't just vehicles (even though there is the small car going over the edge) and with so many great minifigures in one set. I've read comments other places about the bridge not looking great (color's thrown together... and not looking complete) and it doesn't bother me at all. While its not perfect I think they did a good job with it. I can always change it or use the parts to build other things. I much prefer these sorts of parts over vehicle parts. I have SOOOO many tires and wheels now that I'm reaching a point of wondering what to do with all of them. Modifying the bridge for Gotham City is a great idea. Do you have a large Gotham City build? I would love to see what you have so far (checking to see if you have a flickr account linked to your account now ;-) )